1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

As a publisher, what features/ideas do you want Chitika to start offering?

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by ChitikaAdvisor, Jul 20, 2006.

Share all ideas

ChitikaAdvisor, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  2. makaka

makaka Peon

Best Answers:
    dailly audited earning

makaka, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  3. handyman2

handyman2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. It's disconcerting not to know for at least a month what you'll be getting. Like for July 1st stats, it'll take almost 60 days to know what you've made.

Direct deposit would be nice, but since Paypal doesn't deduct anything from Chitika, it doesn't really matter, it's just a few extra clicks each month.

handyman2, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  4. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    How about first paying the people whose accounts were banned due to invalid traffic when your program was started?
    You guys never checked the accounts again , and just banned the publishes :(

amitpatel_3001, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  5. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    lol :p amit
    he won't reply for your questions...
    I hope, the section for "chitka" in DP will be closed soon

Friend, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  6. ChitikaAdvisor

ChitikaAdvisor Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hey everyone. Thanks for the responses on here & also in our survey. You will be contacted via email if you have been chosen to receive a Chitika t-shirt! Good Luck!

ChitikaAdvisor, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  7. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    A professional first needs to check the replies already recieved , rather than just bumping some free crap!
    First reply to the queries above then talk about the Free Tshirts which is again a lucky draw for 50 Tshirts amongst thousands of publishers :cool:

amitpatel_3001, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  8. ChitikaAdvisor

Best Answers:
    Same day auditing & direct deposit is something we are definitely working on. We understand the need for these.

When a user at Chitika violates our T&C's, spams the system, etc., we (Chitika) do not get paid for invalid clicks. Our merchants make sure of that. Therefore, the users cannot get paid & have to be asked to leave the service.

9. makaka

makaka Peon

Best Answers:
    how about direct visa card deposit for those who dont have paypal or EFT??

makaka, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  10. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    Amit..., Why are you waste your energy in posting crap threads like this... World already know chitika is CHEATIKA

Friend, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  11. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    To ChitikaAdvisor... Pls Clarify my doubt... What chitika mean the "fradulent traffic" and "Bad Traffic"?

From your blog... http://chitika.com/blog/?p=30

[​IMG]

Friend, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  12. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    OK fair enough not paying people who spam the system but what about us honest webmasters who see more than 25% of clicks being determined as invalid?

Suggestion - a better reporting system so we dont have to spend hours trying to calculate how many clicks was made or how much money was earned.

I agree "Friend" what is your defination of "fradulent traffic" and "Bad Traffic"? There is no such thing on my sites but yet I still see more than a 25% decrease in earnings, something I do not see with Adsense.

cormac, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  13. tflight

tflight Peon

Best Answers:
    turfsniffer - Being an honest webmaster has nothing to do with what visitors to your site will do. Remember click fraud isn't limited to webmasters clicking on their own ads. There are tons of "click bots" out there just surfing around clicking on ads for various deceptive purposes. There is nothing you as an honest webmaster can do about it.

You don't see the reduction from Adsense, but that is just because they primarily do auditing on the fly. Rest assured you don't get paid for each click on your AdSense ads.

Industry estimates show that on average 14% of all add clicks are fraudulent. (Again, this doesn't necessarily mean someone clicking on their own ads.) Some sites will be much higher and some will be much lower and some studies show the actual percentage is much higher (like 30%).

All of us have "fraudulent traffic" on our sites. If you've ever been on the other side of advertising (using Adwords or similar) then you've probably seen plenty examples of this. However most of the time it isn't a webmaster clicking on their own ads but rather some sort of a click bot. Another example are services that scrape content from links that can follow javascript links. These will also automatically register as a click on each and every one of your ads.

The big difference between Chitika's audit and the AdSense audit is that Chitika actually shows you how much fraud is out there. AdSense doesn't share that data. The approach Adsense takes is probably better from a PR point of view, however Chitika has really enlightened people as to how much click fraud is really out there.

Friend - I would guess that "bad quality traffic" means traffic from unsupported countries.

tflight, Jul 21, 2006 IP
    jaybong likes this.
  14. ChitikaAdvisor

Best Answers:
    tflight- excellent.

15. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like to see better categories. Or the choice to have NO advert at all if the keyword doesn't match a product

Maybe musical instruments, or guitars would suit me nicely!

I hate mp3 players (the closest category) appearing in my adverts.

cosmonaut, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  16. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hope Chitika could be applied all over the world,so I could get more clicks :D
    Several days I received an email with such questions ,hope i could get the T-shirt

Richie_Ni, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  17. DieChitikaDie™

DieChitikaDie™ Peon

Best Answers:

Now here is my explanation, and I will surely like the ChitikaAdvisor to answer my questions:

My old thread with full version discussion "Chitika doing fraud.."

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=55086
    Code (markup):
    It seems to me chitika decided their own faith and are on the edge of dying this ChitikaAdvisor and the whole Publisher comunity opinion and survey is the last option to save themselves, But I am quite sure GOD NEVER SAVE CHEATERS, Chitika had done FRAUD and sucked hard-earned legit money they will have to pay for that!!!:mad:

I would love to get an answer from ChitikaAdvisor..

DieChitikaDie™, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  18. JasMate

JasMate Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I have not had a problem with Chitika, but that is not to say others have not aswell. It seems to me that when a lot of money is being made your account is more at risk - don't really know just an observation.

Excellent post very informative and very VERY correct.

Ok here goes.

1) I think the main issue I find is in general the Chitika reputation, you guys really need to work on that. Yes it is good to tell people about the audited click amout but why not just do it like google? Your repuation will climb and google will have a REAL contender on their hands.

2) PAY PEOPLE ON TIME!!! this will help thier reputation ten fold, this actually makes me a little angry at Chitika that they do not pay on time and never have for as long as I have been with them (about 8 months). They always pay 1-2 months late and it really frustrates me especially when I hear of people getting suspended. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THAT MONEY. I have bills to pay just like Chitika does and I can't just say to the electricity company "oh wait a couple of months" it just don't wash as it should'nt need to. I have run businesses in the past and the very most important thing is to look after your employees. We are Chitika emplyees and as such deserve to be payed on time, if your net 30 be net 30 it does not take 2 months to count clicks and write checks (or whatever the case may be).

3) Get more advertisers from different product lines, I find the product range a little limited and the same ads pop up to often.

4) More options in regards to your adverts, I do like the mini-mals but its been done now and it would be nice to have some variety, maybe something like google or different not really sure but there needs to be some variety in the ad types offered.

5) More options with in colors and configuration of the ads so that we can blend them in better to the content.

Well that is about it, apart from all that I think Chitika is great. I make a much better CTR with Chitika than I do with google adsense and I have always been paid which is nice, but please Chitika spend more money get more programers and get cracking before someone beats you to it. Your almost there and the market is wide open - All the best :)

JasMate, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  19. handyman2

handyman2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of slamming Chitika and the illusion of how much you're "losing," everyone ought to look at the bottom line. Chitika has routinely taken a third of my unaudited earnings, but instead of going ape, I look at how the audited numbers compare with other networks I'm running. Guess what? Chitika is competitive.

People need to grow up. If Chitika kicked you out, get on with life. I imagine there's more profitable activities than wasting time pointlessly fuming.

handyman2, Jul 22, 2006 IP
    tflight likes this.
  20. handyman2

handyman2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Daily auditing would be nice, but why are people fuming about imaginary money lost? Look at the bottom line. If the audited earnings are good, why do you care how much you "lost"?

Umm... The only delay I had with Chitika was with last December when they paid two weeks late. So for the last six payments, they've been on time. You realize net 30 means pay 30 days after the close of the current month? For example, June 1-30 (from Adsense, YPN, Chitika, etc) will be paid sometime in the next week.

You mean http://shopping.com/ offers too small a selection? I "only" see 28,471 PC desktops and 3,247 DVD players.

Chitika has 11 sizes. Adsense has 11 ad unit sizes.

handyman2, Jul 22, 2006 IP