1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mods should mention posts while giving infarction.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by gabbar77, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I got an infarction yesterday for "Inappropriate Post/Thread" , but the mod kept the post private for which I got infarction......... don't you think guys that we should be able to know the posts for which we are getting infarction so that we do not repeat such mistakes.

Mod plz tell me is this appropriate forum to post this question or I'll receive an infarction for this post also.

gabbar77, May 10, 2009 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Post that violate the posting guidelines such as hijacks, bumps, spams, ... are deleted. If you elect to receive PMs from mods/admins you should receive a PM with a hint regarding problem.

Deleted post was of the following type.

if you are intereseted, please send pm.

Messages like the above that are of interest only to you and the thread started belong in a PM.

As my great uncle used to say, "Tolerably well, thanks." ;)

Smyrl, May 10, 2009 IP
  3. Tranny

Tranny Banned

Best Answers:
    That would limit their possibilities of abusing mod powers which defeats the whole purpose of being a mod. Take away the power trip and the ride becomes dull.

Tranny, May 10, 2009 IP
  4. gabbar77

gabbar77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I think for these posts I got infarctions like - "Running Up Post Count/Post Has No Value" , what I didn't understand was - "Inappropriate Post/Thread"

Obviously I am not deliberately posting "Inappropriate Post/Thread", hence I just want to know, which posts/threads are classified as Inappropriate, so that I'll not repeat it again.

I am not challenging the infarction awarded, but think that it would be better that we are allowed to know for which posts are we given "Inappropriate Post/Thread" infarction.

:)

gabbar77, May 11, 2009 IP
  5. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    What's all this talk of infarctions? And when did mods gets the power to hand them out? They sound rather unpleasant.
    I think I'd prefer an infraction.

Kerosene, May 11, 2009 IP
  6. farooqaaa

farooqaaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Better check the "Similar threads" at the bottom. Lots of people are talking about "infarction".

We got doctors on DP now. :D

farooqaaa, May 11, 2009 IP
  7. .htaccess

.htaccess Peon

Best Answers:
    If the post is not deleted u will get an email with the link to the post, i run one vBulletin forum, and i know whats inside :D
    I hope i am right ...

.htaccess, May 11, 2009 IP
  8. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That means your post or thread is not related to the topic or that section of forum respectively.
    :)
    So, don't post meaningless posts. :p

- DIgital -

Digital_shubhi, May 11, 2009 IP
  9. gabbar77

gabbar77 Peon

Best Answers:
    that much I also understand.... just wanted to know which of my posts have been classified as Inappropriate..so that I'll avoid making such posts.

gabbar77, May 11, 2009 IP
  10. gabbar77

gabbar77 Peon

Best Answers:
    one more infarction... again for "Inappropriate Post/Thread", and again its private..... I think I shud quit posting here as I'll be getting "Inappropriate Post/Thread" infarctions every now and then without getting to know, what mistake I did :mad:

gabbar77, May 12, 2009 IP
  11. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would just move on, the mods here do a good job
    if you got an infraction and don't know why, I suggest reading over the rules and things might become clear to you :)

Brandon Sheley, May 12, 2009 IP
  12. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Check your emails. When an infraction is issued, it automatically generates an email that contains the exact post that you are receiving the infraction for.

Your most recent one was for "Hey I can place your link on a PR3 SEO blog, in exchange of link to my forum." which is direct correspondence between you and the thread starter. Nobody else needs this information, so it belongs in a PM.

Posts like this and "PM sent", "please send me a PM" etc can be classified as "bumping" or "Inappropriate post" or automatic "7-day ban". So be happy with your "Inappropriate post" infraction. It could have been worse. ;)

buffalo, May 12, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.