1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bush just called himself KING...

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guru-seo, Jun 29, 2006.

1. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Yep, doing the right thing should never outweigh some perceived popularity contest. Self-loathing on behalf of your country may be a popular fad, but it's not reflective of the whole, by any stretch.

GTech, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  2. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought I'd make the 2,000th view of this topic and the 201st reply.

(By the way, I'm on vacation...)

I LOVE the comics shown here, also :)

chulium, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  3. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    It's not a contest. If it was, the US is losing by far. Our reluctance in Lebanon and our withdrawal there years ago by Regan showed the world and the terrorists we are weak. They have and continue to take advantage of it.

I find it funny we can lock up our citizens in jails by the hundreds of thousands for victimless crimes, yet we can't catch OBL.

Yeah, right, self loathing. That's it. I'm sorry this presidents failures can't lift me up anymore to false security. They instill fear to present an agenda, yet they can't do the job they say they need to do as a result of that fear, catch OBL.

That's no way to gain respect and none has been gained. But I'm gald you have a warm fuzzy feeling. That is usually caused by one pissing their pants too, so it's not a good thing. :/

noppid, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  4. GTech

Best Answers:
    No offense, but "contest" is exactly what I took out of your statement. That, and the losing part not being an "if," but rather a fact, which I disagree with.

Yet, many are eager to pull out of Iraq so terrorists can win there, so they can self-loathe about that as well. Fortunately, the democrats (while always preaching retreat and defeat as the best course of action), voted against doing so a few months ago. I'm sure it was humiliating for them to do so.

I find it more of a common sense issue. When someone breaks the law here, they can be caught here, tried here and locked up here by law enforcement here. Stepping outside of the box for a moment, we don't have access to barge into Pakistan and especially Iran at will. He's not in our backyard, he's in his backyard and that covers a lot of mountainous territory where people are paid quite well for ensuring he stays uncaptured. I don't see any equivalence between the two at all.

That's the same thinking that causes democrats to fail, election after election. They don't take national security seriously. It's a game, a "fear card," when time and time again, we've prevented plots right here at home. When they do their job, people that don't know any better say it's "fear mongering." Catching OBL will not cause terrorism to stop. Many are frustrated by it, but he's not in our backyard. It's popular to poke fun at terrorist threats. Most likely because our government has taken these threats very seriously. They have an obligation to protect our country and I'm glad we have people in office that take that responsibility seriously. We saw what happened during the 90s.

Gain respect? That sounds like a popularity contest to me. I'm not interested in having the respect of France or Germany. They have their own problems regarding islam and it's a real mess. Another ten to twenty years and Europe will be known as Eurabia. It's too late for them. It's not too late for us, as long as people can recognize the threats and treat them as such.

GTech, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  5. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    I just quoted guru-seo. So it's his own spelling errors.

latehorn, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  6. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Bwahahaha! Open mouth, insert foot noppid!

Henny, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

FNF = Fox News Fetish

Wasn't there someone else on DP that had a bad case of FNF? If memory serves, it might have been CR? Anyone?

Mia, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I think this is what you call a "credibility gap." :cool:

Will.Spencer, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  9. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    It's what you call those with weak debates of an issue trying to make the person the issue with insults.

Nice try, but I'm smarter then that and my skin is thicker then that. You guys gloss right over your losses with more rhetoric and insults everytime.

The signs of losers in a debate, but it's not big deal. I got mine already and I have nothing to gain or lose here playing with your weak minds making you go in circles revealing your lack of facts.

Credibility? Who the fuck has or wants credibility in a P&R forums? I do this meerly to piss off all of you wanna be's. Sometimes I actually debate an issue from the other side that I'm actullly on for the amusment just to see the weak debates and sort out who here is in fact "intelligent".

I've only found a few intelligent people, the rest have provided hours of amusment.

P.S. No I don't use a spell checker nor do I care if you noticed. If that's the only thing you can get on me to insult me, another sign of your weak debate.

Love,
    noppid

noppid, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  10. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know you are but what am I

jazzylee77, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  11. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bush is an idiot? Remember when Kerry kept saying he would release his military records the next day, then the next day, then the next day...till after the election. reference Best guess I've heard for the delay? His scores at Yale were nearly identical to bush's and he had made such an issue of his intellectual superiority.

Not that I think grades = intelligence. But Yale graduates tend to not be idiots.

Kerry spent years learning how to sound intelligent at top prep shools. I always found his wordy performace shallow. But to say either man is an idiot is off the mark.

jazzylee77, Jul 20, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Ahem. Once again I must remind you that you started with the insults and with the insults about spelling.

To make matters worse, the person you insulted for their spelling is ESL and you're a native English speaker.

To make matters even worse, you were incorrect.

To make matter even more laughably worse, you have added your own spelling errors to the thread.

Two words: credibility gap

Will.Spencer, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  13. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Definatly need to sticky this thread [​IMG]

Henny, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  14. GTech

Best Answers:
    There's been quite a few. Pick a liberal, they all hate Fox. I can only guess it's because Fox has all those sissy liberals on to get their "blame America first" points of view. If there is a Fox basher, you can be sure the usual cries of "think for yourself" or "sheeple" will closely follow.

Personally, I like watching all the liberal moonbats on Fox. There's nothing more entertaining than watching a delusional moonbat unleash with full blown BDS!

GTech, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  15. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol, ouch XD

relixx, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  16. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Young people in Europe are not stupid, they are waking up. They are starting to understand that America is not out to get them. The old people and the media however are something else. Who cares about them? Do what is right and the ones with an open mind and common sense will come along.

Blogmaster, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  17. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bush is one thick bastard.

He sees everything in Black and White. "Terrorists" and "good people"

His judgement is not good and he is the cause of many deaths and suffering himself.

Notting, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure he sees everything in black and white. He comes across like that, but I also see him reaching out to places such as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

Blogmaster, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  19. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because he is. Did you not hear the private conversation he had with Blair when he didn't know it was being recorded?!??!

Notting, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  20. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    do u have a link to that?

klown, Jul 21, 2006 IP