1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[journal] Zero to $3K in 30 days with internet marketing

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by SirKhan, Apr 5, 2009.

1. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    The last two days were pretty good, I got three sales! This is for the same product, although this is the one I put almost all the work into, I was really hoping to see more conversions from my other niches :( I'm not complaining though :D

[​IMG]

I hope when I learn a bit more about PPC I will be able to further boost my sales. Check my evil plan (or 'treasure map' regarding to Norb (NCMedia)) to see what's my plan to dominate Google results + AdWords and to get a boatload of money ;)

SirKhan, May 3, 2009 IP
  2. edrectory

edrectory Peon

Best Answers:
    I checked out your treasure map, looking nice :). PPC can be a goldmine if done correctly, but there's a fair bit to learn. I was lucky enough to become a member of PPC Classroom 2.0 (owned by Amit Mehta & Anik Singal) and get some great info from the ten module course :).

edrectory, May 3, 2009 IP
  3. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, PPC is the best solution out there IMO, but it has a steep learning curve ;) Nevertheless I'm not targeting $100 a day for my life, rather around $10,000 per day and the "easiest" way to achieve that is definitely involves huge amount of PPC. Please don't say it's impossible I know fellas that earn a lot more than that with IM...

Other news: I got another sale today, I believe this was the first one with my PPC campaign, a little profit not too much but I think I will be able to redesign my campaign + optimize it a LOT more! And that means more profit ;)

SirKhan, May 4, 2009 IP
  4. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    Enjoying the journal. Looking at your diagram made me realize how much I lack in planning and preparation. I am stuck in a shotgun shoot from the hip approach. I need to buckle down and make a plan and document what I am doing so I can really figure out what works and doesn't for me.

squeezeplaycards, May 4, 2009 IP
  5. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly squeezeplaycards, that's good thinking! Without a proper plan you'd be doing a little bit of this a little bit of that but nothing serious really. Making the plan is the toughest part IMO execution is just robot work, and that you can outsource too ;)

SirKhan, May 4, 2009 IP
  6. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Did you ever hear that off-site SEO is much more important than on-site SEO? And that means only one thing: backlink building… Yep, time consuming and boooring work but pays off on the long run! How can you instantly get several backlinks? Social bookmarking! Submit your website and each post on your blog to the 10-20 major social bookmark sites (digg, mixx, propeller, reddit are the 4 best IMO). Don’t submit all your posts the same day!! Submit 1-2 posts each day to all 20 bookmarking sites!

(...)

Continues on www.MarkGavalda.com

SirKhan, May 4, 2009 IP
  7. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    good work sirkhan, great to see you're getting more sales :D

antantnz, May 4, 2009 IP
  8. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Thank antantnz ;)

Yesterday was one of my best days visitor-wise: I sent the most hops to vendors' pages in a very long time yet no one converted. I'm scratching my head, because that is insane. I got 4 conversions in the last 3 days now nothing with more people, ahhhh annoying! Well I guess I'll just have to wait.

SirKhan, May 5, 2009 IP
  9. taraff1

taraff1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, It can be frustrating when starting out. You get more and more traffic, and that should equal more sales, right? Well yes and no...

My Advice:

1) Check that your traffic is coming from sources that would convert. For example, one of your pages appearing on page 1 of google, for good keywords, will convert WAY better than the same page appearing on page 1 for only slightly relevant keywords.

2) If you do not have a good stats program, I recommend www.sitemeter.com or www.statcounter.com Both are FREE and offer every statistic you could ever need.

3) If you determine the traffic is coming from "good" sources, determine which seem to convert best over a week long period. Simply match the time in your stat program to the sale time on CB and you should be able to identify where most, usually all, of your sales come from.

4) Increase your efforts towards gaining exposure to the converting keywords. If you find that your Digg bookmark that comes up on Google under the search term "Why should I use widget A" converts well, work on dominating page one for that term. Optimize a Mixx or Propeller bookmark, maybe make a Squidoo lens, or write an article or two targeting that keyword.

5) Rest assured that if you are sending quality traffic, you WILL be rewarded. So long as the traffic is quality, an increase in traffic pretty much ALWAYS promotes an increase in profit. Sending qualified prospects to your landing page is all you can control. So long as your landing page is well optimized and converts OK, you cannot control whether a prospect buys or not - so don't necessarily focus on daily sales. Focus instead on your business model, increasing hops daily, and longer term average profits. There are, will be, and will always be huge swings in daily profits, while weekly and monthly profits should be much more consistant.

Hope this helps!

taraff1, May 6, 2009 IP
    SirKhan likes this.
  10. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Wow Taraff! Thank you so much for your posts, very good information!! I added to your rep also :)
    I figured it's a "newbie" thing to check stats as often as you can :) I think it must be some kind of instant reward thing in our heads good to know that you got another few bucks.. But of course instead of checking the stats 20x a day I could focus on getting 20x more visitors... Alright, I think I'm on the right path now, I will work on a very solid plan and will invest a few bucks in order to achieve "instant" results while focusing on long term goals! I will try to explain this later. Thanks again!

SirKhan, May 6, 2009 IP
  11. Dell Merk

Dell Merk Banned

Best Answers:
    Someone above me said: never ever give up.

I second that. In fact, I think that is absolutely the most important factor towards making your successful income online. However, it's one of the most hardest ones to keep up with (at least for me).

Dell Merk, May 6, 2009 IP
  12. CLK3

CLK3 Banned

Best Answers:
    Haha, good luck. Don't stop at 3K!

Track keywords and only spend on converting ones.

CLK3, May 7, 2009 IP
  13. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    I started to promote my new category of products (the health related) and with the first article I already made a sale. I will have to split test this kind of landing page that I created (review style) with another that is more like a comparison of the top three products for example. Funny thing that I wasn't able to convert with PPC and with SEO yes, out of like 10 visitors one bought. I think I'm getting the hang of the bum marketing but not PPC (yet). So conclusion:

NEW CHALLENGE!

I hereby announce that I will put my evil plan into full action with 80% bum marketing and 20% PPC. First goal: $3K per month (as before, but difference is that now I know what I'm doing ) then $30K per month is the ultimate goal which I would like to achieve with the reversed plan of 80% PPC and 20% (or less!) bum marketing. You may smile at these but don't forget with today's sale the first month I tried to succeed in internet marketing I made $315.9 and I wasn't really sure what I was doing. Now I've prepared a very solid plan that will be executed step by step every day. In order to achieve these goals (I won't specify a time frame for the first goal as it seriously backfired the last time...) I will have to outsource some work like writing articles and maybe some other stuff but I promise I will document everything here as I've done the past month.

In order to achieve $3K per month I will have to sell 5 pieces of $20 software/infoproduct per day or 3 times $30 products. For that I'll need at least 2-300 hops a day (hopefully less with good targeting!) that means around 1,000 targeted visitors to my websites that go to the landing pages and from there to the vendors' page with a 30% CTR... We'll see about that. Right now I receive around 20 hops a day so I will have to seriously improve, but I'm not worried as the first "test" of my plan was executed todays ago and already converted with only one article and a lousy landing page.

So wish me luck, energy and persistence - I have the most problems with the last one.

Mark

SirKhan, May 8, 2009 IP
  14. honkabonka

honkabonka Peon

Best Answers:
    All the best Mark, keep up the good work!

BTW, you are targeting CB, could you recommend based upon your experience/knowledge where to look for "How to market, general purpose websites" like directory, local search, baby names etc

honkabonka, May 8, 2009 IP
  15. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Tough question honkabonka, I'd say that try to SEO your website build backlinks with similar blogs, and keep adding good content day by day to feed G-spider when it comes back more and more often to eat :) It's not that easy though, it should take at least a couple of months IMO to get some good organic traffic. (Oh and you can buy some high PR backlinks too ;)

SirKhan, May 8, 2009 IP
  16. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Another sale came in today, I don't know if it was PPC or organic, AdWords says "There is a 24 hour delay in conversion tracking reporting." so I guess I will only know tomorrow if it was with PPC or not.

Days since started: 32 days
    Sold products #: 14
    Profit: $335.54

Feeling good! ;)

SirKhan, May 9, 2009 IP
  17. brooks27

brooks27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep up the good work mate! :) This has inspired alot of DP members (myself included) to succeed in internet marketing.

brooks27, May 9, 2009 IP
  18. joliber

joliber Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree, learning the secrets of PPC can give us more money.. In my case, I'm still new to it and really paying the price of being a newbie.. Hope to learn PPC soon.. Thanks for update Sirkhan..

joliber, May 14, 2009 IP
  19. kyrash

kyrash Peon

Best Answers:
    Good going Sirkhan and i hope you achieve your goal, but i think you should really use the tarcking feature provided by clickbank to separate sales coming from your PPC and those coming from organic search. Cheers and all the best

kyrash, May 14, 2009 IP
  20. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks kyrash, I do the tracking and it's giving me nice results.
    To be honest guys I was a bit upset with my CB earnings so I tested some CPA offers but as I was slapped by Google no matter how good my landing page was I think I will have to postpone CPA richness for a bit... :( Back to good ol' CB and article marketing, and I'll see what I can do about those slaps in a few months ;)

BTW I got 3 sales on CB yesterday it was funny because all three came an hour or so apart and all bought the same product - but I checked it wasn't the same person (I mean he didn't accidentally push the button several times) and I was suspicious that Clickbank had something with their sales and hop tracking (again) but AdWords confirmed all the three sales (conversions) on the same day... It's just funny.

SirKhan, May 15, 2009 IP