1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo! Babel Fish vs Google Translator

Discussion in 'Google' started by stevejeff, May 8, 2009.

Today I found that Yahoo! Babel Fish's PR is 8 which is greater than Google Translator's PR which is 7 ! I just wanna members to share their views about these both translation engines.

Thanks

stevejeff, May 8, 2009 IP
  2. dglas

dglas Peon

Best Answers:
    both not giving accurate translation but least google don't give much error. sometimes babelfish has problems.

dglas, May 8, 2009 IP
  3. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR is not a real issue here...the reality, as it stands, whatever Yahoo! can do, Google can do 10 times better. I would trust a Google product over Yahoo 100% of the time. Go with google. :D

manofwar, May 8, 2009 IP
  4. sallysmith

sallysmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I can tell you that I am using both of those tools and in my opinion the Babel Fisf is better - but I am using Google Translator to weird languages like for example turkish or hebrew. Babel Fish unfortunately doesn't have them - but gives a better translation.

sallysmith, May 11, 2009 IP
  5. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    Raboo, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  6. v0x

v0x Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe the Google Translator is way better than the Babel Fish... for sure! Less translation issue... Although paying someone to translate would be the ideal choice, but if one is on a budget.. Google translator is the way to go!

v0x, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  7. jareso

jareso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google translator is definitely much better automatic translator than Babel Fish.

But none of them are capable of delivering quality translations for complicated sentences. Google is good at short sentences, but when it comes to longer and more complicated portions of text, real human translator is the must!

Automatic translations are good when one (user) needs to get the gist of some foreign website. But web developers should not use automatic translation!

When creating website, always try to hire native speaker!

Because automatically translated websites usually look very strange and unprofessional.
    No matter which automatic translator will you use.

jareso, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  8. lui74

lui74 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google translator is better

lui74, Mar 27, 2011 IP