1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Mary the Mother of God?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by chrysostom, Jul 19, 2006.

For Many Christians,the Council of Ephesus (431) was of decisive importance in clarifying this, for during that Council, to the great joy of Christians, the truth of the divine motherhood of Mary was solemnly confirmed as a truth of the Church's faith. Mary is the Mother of God (Theotókos), since by the power of the Holy Spirit she conceived in her virginal womb and brought into the world Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who is of one being with the Father. "The Son of God...born of the Virgin Mary...has truly been made one of us," has been made man. Thus, through the mystery of Christ, on the horizon of the Church's faith there shines in its fullness the mystery of his Mother. In turn, the dogma of the divine motherhood of Mary was for the Council of Ephesus and is for the Church like a seal upon the dogma of the Incarnation, in which the Word truly assumes human nature into the unity of his person, without cancelling out that nature. [See Redemptoris Mater for the Catholic view]

chrysostom, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  2. KevinJB

KevinJB Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry, none of us will realize you are spamming your own sites unless someone points it out. Oh. Oops.

KevinJB, Jul 19, 2006 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  3. chrysostom

chrysostom Guest

Best Answers:
    It is not spam; it is on-topic. It is only my intent for people to click on the links if they want to see that information. The title is clear, as is the post. None of the information is missleading at-all.

It does makes sense--doesn't it-- that when I choose to talk in the forum that I would choose to say the same stuff I'd want to put on the website. :)

chrysostom, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Maybe translate it into English though

yfs1, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  5. joelviztech

joelviztech Peon

Best Answers:
    Who cares?

joelviztech, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  6. xyz

xyz Peon

Best Answers:
    I like Monkeys too

xyz, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  7. Czech

Czech Peon

Best Answers:
    Chrysostom with respect you obviously beleive in the trinity, that Jesus is God etc...

As such may I ( as a student of the Bible ) ask you to explain these scriptures for me to show that Jesus is God that Jesus is equal to God.

Matt 26: 39 ( where Jesus prayed to his father )
    Col 1: 15 ( here jesus is spoken of as being the First born of all creation, yet God is said to have always existed ? )
    Mark 13: 32 ( If Jesus & God are equal how is it Jesus does not know the answer in this scripture )
    John 14: 28 ( If Jesus & God are equal how is it Jesus said the father ( god ) is greater than he ? )

another question is the word 'Trinity' in the bible ?

While answering these questions you may wish to reflect upon this ( or not as the case may be )

The New Encyclopædia Britannica says: “Neither the word Trinity, nor the explicit doctrine as such, appears in the New Testament, nor did Jesus and his followers intend to contradict the Shema in the Old Testament: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord’ (Deut. 6:4). . . . The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies. . . . By the end of the 4th century . . . the doctrine of the Trinity took substantially the form it has maintained ever since.”—(1976), Micropædia, Vol. X, p. 126.

The New Catholic Encyclopedia states: “The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian dogma. Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.”—(1967), Vol. XIV, p. 299.

As I said I am sincere in asking you tthese questions, may I just add that as you clearly beleive in Gods word ( as I myself do ) do you not think it wise to accept what God himself has to say on this matter as shown in hios word, rather than accept what 'man' may teach, which is inconsistant with the bible, as shown the concept of the trinity was not known among Christs followers ( or Christ himself ) it was added at a later date.......& for a reason.\

My respects to you

Czech

Czech, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  8. falarious

falarious Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.......

falarious, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  9. SakaryaLee

SakaryaLee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    God didn't born and didn't give birth...

SakaryaLee, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  10. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What came first the chicken or the egg?

GeorgeB., Jul 28, 2006 IP
  11. renie

renie Guest

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right. Our Creator was not born nor of course could he give birth. However, being the creator, he can create. Therefore he was able to bring into being his SON, Jesus. Jesus was the first of God's creations and lived in heaven with him for millenia before h od transferred his life into Mary's womb. Jesus is not God, he is his son. Therefore Mary is not the Mother of God, how could anyone be the mother of God???. Mary was a good Jewish girl who fulfilled all God's requirements for lineage to the line of King David, so was the perfect choice to be the mother of Jesus, God's only begotten and first born son and the Messiah. He was a pefect son both of God and Mary and provided not only a perfect example for us to follow, but also the means by which we will be able to gain everlasting life.

renie, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  12. un_known

un_known Peon

Best Answers:
    mary or Mariam is the mother of the prophet eesa or Jesus and he is not the son of god god or allah has no son.the only god is allah

as says in Qur-An

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Say 'He is Allah, the One! , Allah the independent and Besought of all, He begets not, nor is He begotten, And there is none like unto HIIM​

un_known, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  13. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Exactly...

fryman, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  14. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    If God is a spirit creature then Mary must be too? Hang on there! Hmmmmm...Mary was visible in her time but God was not visible to man because if anyone saw God they would die (Ex 33:20).:)

Cheap SEO Services, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  15. chrysostom

chrysostom Guest

Best Answers:
    Czech,

Indeed, the Holy Spirit guides the Church to all truth.

John 16:13 - "But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth."

Matthew 16:17 - "Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it."

John Ch 14: "The Advocate, the Holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name--he will teach you everything and remind you of all that (I) told you."

2 Peter "Therefore, I will always remind you of these things, even though you already know them and are established in the truth you have. "

None of the quotes you gave explicitly said that Jesus is not equal to the Father or denies the doctrine of the Holy Trinity. That Jesus prays to the Father does not mean that Jesus is not also God. That the Father is greater than Jesus also do not mean that Jesus is not God and is not equal to the Father. That means is that the 2nd person of the Trinity lowered himself to become man and suffer and die for us. That Jesus suffered and even died for us does mean he lowered himself for us, but with the resurection, he was raised up again. Woman is the weaker sex, but is also equal to man. These can be true both at once.

When the 2nd person in the Trinity became man, he then became Jesus. Jesus did not exist until the 2nd person in the Trinity became man. At that instant, Jesus (the 2nd person of the Trinity, made man) existed. Thus, Jesus, was begotted before all ages, Logos (the 2nd person in the Trinity) is the one who is begotted of the Father before all ages.

Jesus is the new Adam and Mary is the new Eve. They are the first born of the Kingdom of heaven and rule as King and Queen in Heaven, in the manner after Adam and Eve would have ruled had they not sinned; and in yet, even still, a more glorious manner.

Jesus is fully God and fully man.

chrysostom, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  16. Janissary

Janissary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mary is the mother of Jesus. Jesus is not GOD.
    Jesus is the prophet who's sent by Allah to teach people "ISLAM"
    and one more thing... Jesus will not return back in the form of messiah

Janissary, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  17. chrysostom

chrysostom Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a question for you, in all Islam, which woman is considered the most holy and most pure?

chrysostom, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  18. Janissary

Best Answers:
    every man&woman are holy, because they're created by God.

but to show respect we call prophets and their relatives with Hz. in front of their name. (like Hz. Meryem for Mary, Hz. Isa for Jesus)

Janissary, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  19. chrysostom

chrysostom Guest

Best Answers:

Who are the people you consider the greated prophets? Who are the people you consider the most holy or greatest (male and female)?

chrysostom, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  20. Janissary

Best Answers:
    We believe in every prophet, Allah said in holy Quran

there are 4 greated prophets whom Allah sent a book
    Hz. Davud, Hz. Musa, Hz. Isa and Hz. Muhammed

As it said in Quran, we believe Virgin Mary.. we believe Jesus have no father...
    But Mary and Him are not God.

Anyway is there anything you'd like to ask?

Janissary, Aug 18, 2006 IP