1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP me -- VOTE -- Create a new High Tech acronym.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GreenGambler, May 6, 2009.

?

Which acronym is best for BOT do describe Robot Suit Technology?

1. Brain Operated Technology

25.0%
  2. Body Operated Technology

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Biologically Operated Technology

50.0%
  4. Biomimic Objective Translation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Body Operated Transport

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Biomimicing Operational Technology

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Just keep it as an abbreviated word for "Robot".

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I'll post my suggestion.

25.0%
    Hey DP,

I'm really excited about robot suits and other cybernetic suit technologies. I am almost certain this is something that will take the world by storm within the coming years and become part of everyday living.

I bought a few domain names that I am going to be developing to discuss Robot Suit technology, advances and ideas. I'm goint to have all of the related domain names I bought point to the main site, www.BOTsuits.com.

I know that "Bot" is short for "Robot" but I would like to try and make it into an acronym for my site and possibly for widespread use to describe this type of technology.

I have come up with some possibilities that I would like for you to to vote on.

If you have any better ideas or suggestions for an acronym for BOT, please let me know!

Thanks for your help,
    GG

p.s. I have a buch of videos of different types of BOT suits currently being developed posted on the site, http://www.BOTsuits.com. Check them out to get some acronym ideas.

:confused:

GreenGambler, May 6, 2009 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  2. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Will you be making any Adder type bots?

br3adman, May 6, 2009 IP
  3. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I won't be making any bots.. LOL Im just developing a site that will review and discuss the latest robot suits and technologies. What are Adder type bots?

GreenGambler, May 6, 2009 IP
  4. GreenGambler

Best Answers:
    Here is a picture of what is probably the most developed BOT suit today, the HAL5. This suit is being mass produced this year, (400 units), and sold in Japan. Next year they plan to sell in the EU and after that the WORLD.. lol :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One interesting point about the HAL5 is that it is being produced by a company in Japan called Cyberdyne. The inventor and owner of the company is a big scifi buff, I wonder if he named his compnay after the company responsible for the Terminator on the movie on purpose? lol

GreenGambler, May 7, 2009 IP
  5. evk_87

evk_87 Member

Best Answers:
    There are currently two prototypes, HAL 3 which has bulkier servo-motors and only has the leg function, and HAL 5, which is a full-body exoskeleton for arms, legs, and torso.

:eek::eek:HAL 5 is currently capable of allowing the operator to lift and carry about five times as much weight as they could lift and carry unaided.:eek::eek:

It operates by sensing weak electrical impulses from muscles via electrodes on the operator's skin and sending them to the onboard computer which in turn analyzes them and activates corresponding servos of the suit, mimicking the wearer's motions. The whole suit is powered by a 100-volt battery attached to the operator's waist.

evk_87, May 7, 2009 IP
  6. GreenGambler

Best Answers:
    Pretty cool eh?

So do you like the acronym I created? Or can you think of a better version?

GreenGambler, May 8, 2009 IP
  7. !nfamous

!nfamous Banned

Best Answers:
    I picked the first one, it sounds smart.

!nfamous, May 8, 2009 IP
  8. daremkd

daremkd Peon

Best Answers:
    then how much does the suit cost ??
    i want one plzz

daremkd, May 8, 2009 IP
  9. GreenGambler

Best Answers:

Depends which one you want. The HAL3 and HAL5 which I posted a pic of above, is going to be sold in Japan this year. I think the target price is between $5,000 and $10,000. All the other are still being developed but will soon be on the market.

There is also the Gypsy MIDI controller which is a type of BOT suit. Rather than enhance your strengh or speed it gives music to your moves.

Here is a pic of the Gypsy:

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the HAL5 (left) and the XOS form SARCOS (right) being compared to the Iron Man (center). Iron man is possible.... just give it some more time.

[​IMG]

GreenGambler, May 9, 2009 IP