1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

has anyone sold anything for clickbank

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by kirby009, May 5, 2006.

1. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been with clickbank for a year or so and have tried many tricks. Through my own trial and errors, I found the successful way to make a sale is never to sell. Instead you find a niche, place your ad around it and let it sell itself like the way with adsense but using clickbank. Just for an example: clickvideo at blogspot.com is a good one and you'll notice its not just one product but the entire wharehouse.

I use videos because it keeps the visitors attention right there for a few minutes if they're interested in the video. How many people know who is Bruce Lee? Millions. Of course by word of mouth or email people will tell others about this great video they found and bam! Mo money ... mo money .... mo money. lol

But you get the idea. Never try to sell. Let the product sell itself.

3dPrinting, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  2. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I just made a sale on a product that I have not been advertising for over 2 weeks! This is simply amazing :) I guess, some ppl never remove cookies from their computers.

baumann93, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  3. cafinater

cafinater Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to pay for adwords ads that linked straight to clickbank products via my affiliate code. I would spend about $500 or $600 a month and make $700 or $800. Things were just to tight financially to make it worth it, especially with the delay of payment. It felt kind of like gambling, some weeks ahead, some weeks behind, but over all a consistent profit. Someone with tens of thousands per month to spend could do well (if it's still allowed). As for click bank products on my sites- no luck at all.

cafinater, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  4. DaVe™

DaVe™ Peon

Best Answers:
    you really need targeted visitors for most clickbank products, you can't just put a clickbank search script on your site and expect to make a fortune

DaVe™, Jul 8, 2006 IP
  5. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Or you can select "targeted" clickbank products for your current visitors and expect some sales to be made :)

baumann93, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  6. JSTAR

JSTAR Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried selling CB stuff without much success. There is so much saturation of the more popular products. I guess the only way to make real money with CB is by developing a hot product and having other webmasters sell it. But that has its own set of problems.

JSTAR, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  7. RevenueReview

RevenueReview Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a 1 page site that I started in April for CB products, and am using 1 adword campaign to drive highly targeted traffic to it. Here are my stats since April:

April - 6 sales
    May - 22 sales
    June - 30 sales
    July - 30 sales as of this moment

My adwords cost for July so far $273. Sales commissions earned $956,

It can be done folks, easily, if done correctly :)

RevenueReview, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  8. Helmethead3

Helmethead3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeh putting the price in the ad and blocking all the FREE words is a good idea. That should lead to less clicks but be more targeted

Helmethead3, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  9. treasurechest

treasurechest Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dont send your visitors directly to the vendors page either. Create a landing page and if possible, get them into an autoresponder series. It enables you to follow up with informative content and keep the product in their mind.

treasurechest, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  10. druzilla

druzilla Guest

Best Answers:
    ive sold a bit of clickbank gear..
    bout $1000 worth.. but its seems really unrealible for me..

one week sell $500 worth, next week only sell $80 etc.

druzilla, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  11. DaVe™

DaVe™ Peon

Best Answers:

those magical words again for those people that missed them

"highly targeted traffic"

DaVe™, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  12. Helmethead3

Helmethead3 Peon

Best Answers:
    i've had two 400+ days in a row now, on a roll

Helmethead3, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  13. Buildingbodies

Buildingbodies Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was doing quite well with adsense, but got scared. What if something happened and I lost my account? Where does the money come from then?

So I started using differant things, this is my experiance:

First created a landing page on my site to sell "Burn the Fat", someone elses product but I liked it.

I tried adwords but found that it was very up and down and if a product does pay well, then affiliates are out there bidding on keywords. So I found the best way was to put the affiliate link at the end of high traffic, theme related articles as an author resource box.

Then I realized that my own product "Fat To Fit" sells for $35 and I only usually make between $45-$65 on average with the adsense per day. This is from about 400 clicks. I know my sales page "buildingbodies.ca/get-fit.shtml" converts at 2% so.......2% of 400 clicks is 8 sales. 8 sales of my books nets me $280 a day.

Add in the fact that affiliates get paid 60% and then that gives you alot of affiliates giving you backlinks and extra sales.

You can make clickbank work......

Buildingbodies, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  14. Helmethead3

Helmethead3 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeh burn the fat are really into the affiliate scene atm

Helmethead3, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  15. ErnestK

ErnestK Peon

Best Answers:
    I know this is a newbie question. I sold $157 over th last few weeks. Should I remove text that tells people about the free bonuses or should I leave it.

ErnestK, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  16. Helmethead3

Helmethead3 Peon

Best Answers:
    leave it. ppl love free bonuses

Helmethead3, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  17. ErnestK

ErnestK Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I love free stuff also. Thanks for the answer.

ErnestK, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  18. naphets66

naphets66 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Questions like this hit me strange now, but I remember when I asked questions like this. Yes, you can definitely sell Clickbank products. The difference of my mindset between then and now is I totally misjudged the amount of targeted traffic you need to make sales. 1% conversion is average, so that means you need about a hundred visitors for one sale.

naphets66, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  19. andheresjohnny

andheresjohnny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been selling clickbank products for about 18 months now, and the following is what I have learned:

1. It's been very difficult for me to make money with an adwords campaign selling a product where my cut is under $20, especially if I wanted to target some of the more popular keywords. I normally look for products that pay me at least $25. Luckily there are many of these products on clickbank. If I was better at finding niches this probably wouldn't be such an issue.

2. The publisher's landing page (where I will be sending potential buyers) must look somewhat professional. I don't mean they can't be loooong 1 page advertisements .... most of them are. But they should look a little polished. Many of the publisher's landing pages look cheap. I stay away from those. A page that contains pictures and testimonials too is a plus.

3. Product review sites do very well. These can be 1 or several page sites. Basically you just compare/contrast several competing products within the same industry. There's a ton of these sites out there ... but that is because they work.

4. If I create a landing page that promotes just 1 clickbank product, then I try to make my landing page look similar to the publisher's page where I will be sending the buyer. I try to match colors and patterns. I seem to have better conversions using that technique.

5. Writing/submitting an article whose subject targets my landing page has been very effective. I just place the URL of my landing page in the author resource box. I have sold many units from readers who have followed the link to my page. Highly targeted traffic.

6. When possible, I try to use current events in my adwords campaigns. As an example, several weeks ago Joe Lieberman lost his bid for Connecticut's Democratic nominee for the United States Senate. There was a lot of press concerning his campaign's website going down during the election. For several days there was speculation that he suffered a Denial of Service attack, possibly by many home computers that were unknowingly infected by software. This worked well for about a week.

andheresjohnny, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  20. LOLMOM

LOLMOM Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a great idea about using current events. Why didn't I think of that, LOL!

LOLMOM, Aug 24, 2006 IP