1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Read This Before Replying to Posts in This Section!

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by yfs1, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Javanx3d

Javanx3d Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand your point that the infraction for reposting a live link will bring back spamming? If you don't desire that behavior, then don't allow a new person like myself to post in the directory listing at all until we have the requisite number of posts to prove we're not a spammer, etc. Wouldn't seem like a big jump to do this.

Javanx3d, May 2, 2009 IP
  2. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand your attitude and understand that giving Infractions for Inappropriate Post/Thread - fur just being grateful may be your way to evolve and to exercise or demonstrate "power" at DP forum ...

this change in policy to punish gratitude toward for those offering new directory services as being inappropriate also shows that DP forum may be drifting toward a world outside my own range.

After may years of contributing and sharing with newbies I received my first 4 Infractions within minutes and found such infarctions absolutely inappropriate, immature and ridiculous!

Such a punishing system has ZERO place in my professional life. this new procedure certainly is reflecting commonly practice of American way of life and doing things ......

After one night sleeping over this change in DP forum rules, I herewith formally ask to permanently delete my DP forum membership/account as I prefer to share and help in a more loving environment free of infarction points for politeness and gratitude.

That account deletion will definitely FREE your forum resources and thus will help you on your way of working / living your way.

To further reduce server load/traffic, you are of course also free to delete any or all of my 2500+ previous posts.

If for any reason you have no authority to permanently delete a user account, I would appreciate to learn how to and who has that power to delete a user account.

I

hans, May 3, 2009 IP
  3. the-hungry-hamster

the-hungry-hamster Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello

I would like to give my 2 pennies worth to this thread.

It is not a good practice to say I have submitted "mysite url" with hope of getting a site accepted. All you are doing is spamming the forum!

I have said I have added "My URL" to your forum with a reciprocal to this link on my site because there directory submission script was not working!

This is another thing why do people who run directories not test then out first or make sure there web hosting supports all features that is required by the script.

Please do not post a directory if it is not working. An example I like to give new directories a back link to help them out. (You scratch my back I will scratch yours ideology) If you have a section on there that says you can have a link with reciprocal please make sure it works before advertising your NEW! Directory please. Its a waste of your time and a waste of ours.

Gripe over :p

Thanks

the-hungry-hamster, May 6, 2009 IP
  4. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I probably should have read this before I made the mistake and got an infraction. I think it is a pretty good rule though as it also won't allow the directory owner to bump there posts.

primeelite, May 18, 2009 IP
  5. tensmar

tensmar Peon

Best Answers:
    - While we may not agree with all of the rules, I think there needs to be some controls in place to prevent spamming and damaging this forum (which obviously benefits the whole DP Community).

tensmar, Jun 9, 2009 IP
    pctec likes this.
  6. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    DP Mods crossed that bridge long time ago.
    Nothing in what they are doing now in this forum is making sense mostly when they themselves have no idea what the hell they are doing and cannot grasp basic difference between spam and communication with others DP members.

No one says Mods have to be smart and intelligent but even monkeys are using some common sense to distinguish between bad and good apple and without any doubts in my mind I believe humans should be doing better than that.

Why Am I saying that?
    Well, anyone who can give infraction for correcting OP most definitely lost his or her mind long time ago and now just cruising around with only one thought on his or her minds - to get even.

Yes my little frustrated friend, I’m talking to you with hope that one day you understand that giving unjust infraction makes you look bad. How bad? It makes you look like just another *******

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  7. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Would you like to explain to me how making post that corrects original offer with better one is spamming or as my infraction says Bumping Thread?

Doesn’t make it better for everybody to get enhanced deal superior to one that was offered initially?
    :confused:

fastreplies

8. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    If its a new offer it would probably benefit you to start a new thread. The mod must have obviously thought you were trying to bump the thread, not provide a superior deal.

yfs1, Jul 13, 2009 IP
    pctec likes this.
  9. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:

2 posts
    One says: $2.00 per submission and another says: 2 for price of one

Mod deleted first post and left second which would be fine with us, but why infract me for something has been corrected?
    Even if Mod left original, it would show to members that we can do better than that and that we willing to give them better deal. What's wrong with that?

BTW, if I made second thread next to original one, I would be banned for double posting

fastreplies

10. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I get infractions myself if I post twice, no matter what the quality of the second one is...Its just the way it is.

Since you know there is a strict rule about double posting why not wait until you have at least one response?

yfs1, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  11. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Rules are rules and everytime someone get's a infraction in the directory section i always see them complaining. Get over it and move on with your business.

I got a infraction for posting a live link for a new member and then stopped replying to threads in the announcment section. So i stopped trying to be nice and helpful on here and will carry on with my life lurking here soaking in knowledge.. Complaining here will not make the mod's change the rules. This is a large forum... members come and go and the mod's don't have time to deal with every single members complaint about the rules.

In fact they should give people infractions for complaining about the rules. Half the time new members don't read them and then wonder why "i submitted my site" or "nice directory" statements get them infraction's. Bumping thread is just stupid... it's not hard to wait one or two days to reply.

Complain on your own site instead.

snakeair, Jul 13, 2009 IP
    pctec likes this.
  12. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, that was exactly the reason.
    If we got even one responce, we wouldn't sweeten up the deal.

Does it make sense to you now?

fastreplies

13. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Its not whether it makes sense or not, its the rules.

This thread is to clarify the set rules and hopefully save some people some unnecessary infractions. Disagreement with them should be voiced in the Suggestions section.

yfs1, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Mostly it's the "talking to yourself" thing.

However on the thread there are no deleted posts - just the two that you made.

sarahk, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  15. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    As alsatech says morons made rules that said that it's okay to kill Jews, or keep African Americans segregated from whites etc.
    Why don't we continue to use them now?
    I tell you why not.
    Because when stupid people made stupid rules that benefit only stupid people and not the rest of Society, any civilized Society will reject them and only Society of equals will accept them in hope they are going to be accepted as member of that Society.

Sorry for being outsider of Society that believes that unjust Rules is all they had left to base their life’s on.
    If Rule doesn’t make any sense then that Rule must go to the same garbage dump Society put Rules I mentioned above

fastreplies

16. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Are you serious? You do realize this is a section for people promoting a web directory right?

yfs1, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think he might be.

He is welcome to put forward his reasons for finding things acceptable and we will listen. We may then change the rules or we may have to agree to disagree.

And, as per those other examples, he can always do what people have done before - leave. New Zealand is full of black and white south africans who didn't want to live with apartheid. The cultural melting pot that I call home is testimony to the lengths people will go to to avoid a negative situation.

sarahk, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  18. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    You're wrong.
    This is section where people get penalized for promoting their directories.

BTW, what about Rule that says you can bump your thread within 6 hours?
    Or you canceled that one?

In any event, welcome to police state of Digital Pointopolia.

fastreplies

19. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    You meant to say Unacceptable?

What are you trying to say?
    Are you saying that legalized discrimination never happened?
    Or that Holocaust was never happened and 6 millions Jews never died,
    and that there was no idiots who made laws that was allow for that to happened and that stupid people wasn't eager to enforce them?

fastreplies

20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hardly.

I'm saying, tell us how you want things to be and we'll listen. Rather than griping, lets phrase things more positively and look at what we want.

sarahk, Jul 13, 2009 IP
    pctec likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.