1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I think I got scammed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cheapez, Apr 30, 2009.

1. dglas

dglas Peon

Best Answers:
    you are a good person because you help people in need. the only stupid people is the one who cheat your trust and good will

dglas, May 1, 2009 IP
  2. edgray

edgray Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said :D

edgray, May 1, 2009 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes, there are scammers everywhere and they come up with all new tricks to scam people. i was almost tricked by one lady who seemed to be more of a homeless asking for $15 telling me that she had $35 but needed $50 to tow her car to the service center. i asked her where her car was and she pointed at the supermarket parking lot accross the street. it immediately raised a flag as the supermarket parking lot has lot more cars and people than the bank parking i was at so she would get to ask lot more people there. but i gave her a benefit of doubt and told her that i had CAA membership (canadian version of AAA) and would be able to help her getting her car towed. as i asked her to show me to the car so that i could call CAA to get her car towed, she simply walked away :)

sultanofseo, May 1, 2009 IP
  4. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm sorry but i don't see why you have to give him your $20 as well as your phone number to some random ass person you just met and you KNOW he's not a gentleman, i don't feel sorry for you. No offense, helping someone is one thing, you should help those that are really in need of it, not ones that you out of random and you were suspecting him being a scammer

Project Mobius, May 1, 2009 IP
  5. hendarisman

hendarisman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bad choice..OP just let it go and GOD will bless you I believe it

hendarisman, May 1, 2009 IP
  6. xarsonx

xarsonx Peon

Best Answers:
    can i have $20???

its just $20..

:D

xarsonx, May 1, 2009 IP
  7. Geekor

Geekor Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll give him some gas instead of $20.

Geekor, May 1, 2009 IP
  8. cheapez

cheapez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for your replies, and thanks for following the topic.

I already let it go after I read the first few replies from you. I think of the positive side, and I learned a good lesson.

Anyway, he did not call me. If he wanted to, he did try to remember the numbers, and I did not have to write it on the paper for him.
    I believe he needed help. He looked poor but it isn't right for him to go out and scam peoples money. If this is what he doing for a living, many more people will get scammed by him.

If you are planning on a long trip, you needed to check on your gas tank and you should always carrying your credit card with you like other people do always (where I live, almost everyone has one, some have more, must be 16+).

Thanks all again.

cheapez, May 1, 2009 IP
  9. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I readily agree that OP should have been more careful and should help only the ones who are in need.
    If you already felt that the person was not a gentleman, you should not have given him your $ 20. It is as good as a waste and might even help that rogue, carry out something outrageously insane act! :eek:

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, May 2, 2009 IP
  10. copelandklc

copelandklc Peon

Best Answers:
    Just $20, he could have been telling the truth or he could be lieing. Whatever it was you had $20 to give away so would it really matter. take the loss and keep it moving. He wont call.

copelandklc, May 2, 2009 IP
  11. articlelabel.com

articlelabel.com Banned

Best Answers:
    Lol he went and got him ah 20 bag.

articlelabel.com, May 3, 2009 IP