1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Firefox Is Turning Gay!!!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by BOOMBOOM, Apr 25, 2009.

With all of the updates they try to force on you now. What is this software updater anyway?

Just had a prompt to update to the latest version of FF and guess what, got stuck on downloading the update!!! WTF is this crap? Seems they lost sight of their true goal of having the best browser to, lets see how much crap we can throw on top of it in exchange for money!!!:mad:

To be honest, the last few times I developed, seems IE was being the compliant one while FF was left scratching their head...

A message to FF, stop with the commercial crap and remember to stay W3 compliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

BOOMBOOM, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  2. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I was properly able to update Firefox to version 3.0.9.

May be you should try again. The servers might be overloaded.

nihangshah, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  3. HighDefVidChannel

HighDefVidChannel Peon

Best Answers:
    Me to same problem....FF gets stuck when i open a website which doesn't exist...and why the fuck it happens to only me?!?!? i am kinda afraid to open a non-existing website. IE,opera,safari are better in my case.

I use the latest FF.

HighDefVidChannel, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    So you want the best browser but you don't want to update it? How about you use IE6 which didn't get updated for 6 years? Or IE7 which took a year? And it's still crap.
    Mozilla gives you the browser for free. They don't make money on the browser directly.
    Then you are doing it wrong. IE is 11 years behind Firefox.
    Again, Firefox is 11 years ahead of IE8 so you make me question your abilities.

drhowarddrfine, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  5. BOOMBOOM

BOOMBOOM Peon

Best Answers:
    Um,,, You are missing the point! It wont update due to getting stuck! Please read before jumping to argue first!

Actually, you have to develop for all there wise guy... Everything has to be the same for all browsers no matter what! So if it looks good in FF and bad in IE then by your statement it is correct!!! What a crock

HAHAHA yea right!!!! In a perfect world right? You mean to tell me that you think FF does not receive any money from Google, or Yahoo for trying to cram the tool bar down your throat? You mean to tell me that everybody who works for or with FF is doing it for free out of the goodness of their hearts? Wow what planet are you on? :confused:

BOOMBOOM, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  6. Jordanlw

Jordanlw Peon

Best Answers:
    The "toolbar" you're talking about isn't part of the FireFox project so it isn't direct revenue.
    Of course the developers hired by Mozilla are be paid.. But we aren't discussing that are we?

Unfortunately we'll never have all the major browsers committed on a neutral standard..
    But it's best to support one of the most actively developed browsers, Firefox.

Jordanlw, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  7. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I caught that but your rant was about having to update. I've never seen or heard this problem on any friends/families systems I watch after.
    Never said it didn't. But if you write markup that can't work in a modern browser like FF, it doesn't matter if it works in old, broken IE.
    Didn't say they didn't. I said they don't make money off the browser itself. Yes, they make money off the toolbar and search bar but those are updated far less than anything else.
    Not everybody but a lot of people do. Me for example. I was invited to join as a developer by Boris Z (forgot how to spell his last name) but I don't have the time. Firefox is open source so anyone can contribute.

8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    All browser vendors are members of the W3C and sign off on all the standards when they're released. This includes Microsoft which has the worst track record of standards support.

9. sizzlefire

sizzlefire Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you quite understand the concept of open source, thats what open source more or less is.

sizzlefire, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  10. wolfcry

wolfcry Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I love FF but am also growing fond of IE 8 on a web design stand point. Seems microsoft may actually be trying to improve the web standards a little bit....I however, did say "a little bit" lol

wolfcry, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  11. gummyworms

gummyworms Active Member

Best Answers:
    the majority of people working on firefox are working on it for free in areas such as extensions which help promote their own sites and resume. The core firefox is done by the developers that that do get paid since they are a legitimate company now, unless that president person is hoarding all the money for her self.

Anyways, a lot of firefox's updates are done at the request of google yahoo and msn. They want more than just a ref= thing in their searches. Google for example collects a lot more info.

gummyworms, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  12. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't. 11 years behind ALL other web browsers. Incompetent and still does not support XHTML, SVG, the DOM dating back to 1998, proper javascript and, now, <canvas>, CSS3, and "strong HTML5 support" promised by Microsoft.

IE8 holds back the web by not allowing web developers to fully utilize those and other techniques freely and readily available for use in all other browsers for years.

13. blooddesigns

blooddesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    I have moved on to Google Chrome... I highly recommend it

blooddesigns, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  14. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dunno but seriously FF is gayer than ever !

SOULZRIPPER, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  15. BOOMBOOM

BOOMBOOM Peon

Best Answers:

It does not matter how shitty IE is... Guess what, Its still the major browser used to date... So that means, if you cant develop for FF and IE and get your results to look the same in both, then you are out of the game...

I'm not arguing with you on the fact that IE can be a crappy browser, but Its about what the masses use and the masses use IE...:)

OK, so don't just take my word for it... Im not making it up I swer

That's cool!!! So you are a programmer as well?

BOOMBOOM, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  16. bizilux

bizilux Peon

Best Answers:
    FF till grave, but chrome isnt bad either, i just doubt it has good security since its connected to that safari i think

bizilux, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  17. FlashDriveDT

FlashDriveDT Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you considered that the problem could be with your computer/internet connection instead of with Firefox itself? All my updates lately have gone through with no errors.

FlashDriveDT, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  18. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Firefox is not gay - it is a nice family friendly browser

[​IMG]

Then again -

[​IMG]

There is always Opera -
    [​IMG]

Claudek, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  19. drhowarddrfine