1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If the Good Guys Torture Children With Insects Who the Hell Are the Bad Guys?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by new, Apr 19, 2009.

Bush Administration memos released by the White House on Thursday provide new insight into claims that American agents used insects to torture the young children of alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

In the memos, released Thursday, the Bush Administration White House Office of Legal Counsel offered its endorsement of CIA torture methods that involved placing an insect in a cramped, confined box with detainees. Jay S. Bybee, then-director of the OLC, wrote that insects could be used to capitalize on detainees’ fears.

The Pakistani guards told my son that the boys were kept in a separate area upstairs and were denied food and water by other guards,” the statement read. “They were also mentally tortured by having ants or other creatures put on their legs to scare them and get them to say where their father was hiding.”

read more
    http://digg.com/politics/Were_9_11_detainee_s_children_tortured_by_insects?FC=PRCK2
    http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/41812

new, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you think should be done about that?

Obamanation, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  3. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They should be granted , and donated for such way of torturing !!!

ziya, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  4. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    ?? What should be granted... what should be donated?

5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Still Sheikh Mohammed, the guy who helped organise both trade centre attacks (93/01), the Bali bombing, the "shoe bomb", the Daniel Pearl murder and operation Bojinka, where he and his associates planed to destroy 12 airliners.

Here's a list of his confessions
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_Shaikh_Mohammed#List_of_Confessions

scaring kids with insects isn't nice, but it's hardly comparable to mass murder, is it?

stOx, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  6. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry maybe I misunderstood you..

What were you asking about ? "What do you think should be done about that? "

ziya, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  7. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Your post complains of the US allegedly admitting to torture by means of psyops. My question to was, what do you think should be done about it (Besides complain about it)? Some possibilities would be, "The US should stop such operations", "The US should be penalized by means of X", "Nothing should be done about it, I just like to complain".

What should be done?

8. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :)

Or should be done some of possibilities . For ex :
    The US should stop such operations .
    The US should be penalized (or maybe those guys who was responsible for torure acts )

ziya, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  9. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Must agree, that sounds laughable! Putting ants/insects in a box is surely not true torture. It might be uncomfortable but you would have to come up with better than that to convince me that's a serious crime compared to those of the sheik they were after.
    Ripping off fingernails, shooting out kneecaps, gouging out eyes, now that's torture!
    Mind you, if the people getting antzed really knew nothing then some monetary reparations is fair.

Bushranger, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Hah, those were just samples. Do you have any ideas of your own? FYI, Mr. Obama publishing making those documents public is pretty much an assurance those techniques will not be used in the future. Regarding responsibility, a full briefing regarding these techniques was provided to congress, including the current congressional leadership. Not only were they aware, they were complicit. What type of penalty do you think should be applied to these people for such interrogation techniques?

11. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In a short way those examples were enaugh.
    Thanks to Mr Obama for publishing documents . And giving assurance that torture techniques will not be used in future is pretty much welcomed.

Don't know about penalty. Maybe firing them , and let the international court (or maybe just US court )decide about penalty

I read an article : Obama exempts CIA 'torture' staff

it says that CIA agents will be exempted but CIA agents will not be prosecuted..

"These are criminal acts. Torture is illegal under American law, it's illegal under international law. America has an international obligation to prosecute the individuals who carry out these kind of acts."

Then Why not to prosecute them ?

ziya, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    What type of penalty would make you happy? 3 years in jail? 5? 10?

13. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look at pictures there , and tell me how many years of jail :

pictures of turture

ziya, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  14. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you notice how Ziya was answering everybody except that one? ;) Maybe she thinks its comparable?

Ziya I liked the first link in your signature:
    Except "books", "articles", "audios", and "fear of ALLAH" I didn't understand much...
    Which leads me to this absurd sentence:
    What on earth does Knowledge and Islam, or for this matter any other religion, has to do together? Religions discourage acquisition of new knowledge, and the learning of the already established present knowledge.

But hey, money is money, people are people, business is business, Nice try to monetize the Quran :)

ChaosTrivia, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  15. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

First of all not she , but He :)
    Second I was just talking about generally not only torture by insects. But just kidnapping ppls illegally and torturing them .. do you think is it ok ? ( ohh i forgot that it can be ok for you. to scare kids/children by insects , when you used to kill kids ( you i mean zionists) )..
    When you torture , they will sign any paper you will offer them

Well hope never dies, that you will understand Islam too .. Reading is just first step

ziya, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  16. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    everything is OK for them as long as it is targeting Muslims , otherwise they even frown when a stray dog dies

new, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No it's not ok. Is it comparable to mass murder?

From the title and your first post it seemed as though you thought scaring people with insects was worse that killing them in their thousands, so I think it important that you tell us which is the more serious act. In other words, who are the "bad guys" out of the mass murdering terrorists and the guys scaring kids with catapillas?

stOx, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  18. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why do mix both ? Do accept muss murder as a crime ? And do you believe they should have been prosecuated ? I guess yes, and do you accept torturing is a crime ? Then why not prosecuate them ? What makes them higher status ? Do you think all ppls who had been arrested were related to terrorism acts ?

If there only one person who was misarrested and by the way mis tortured then it is a crime ...
    Lets come back to children .. do you think children are responsible for their fathers ? Lets arrest and torture all children of criminals (including mafia, drug sellers, weapon seller, thiefs ,muss murderers in USA, Europe ) ..lets arrest their child and torture them to learn where are their fathers hiding ..

Do you accept it ?

ziya, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    When a stray dog bites me or my family, I have it put down. No regrets. BTW, nice pics. They look like some of the pictures from rush week at my fraternity.

Regarding penalties for interrogation, nI would agree that we should send these Bush era people to international court for war crimes. They are obviously criminals who took delight in torturing people for the sake of torture, true sadists. Unfortunately, as it turns out, these people were operating within the parameters laid out for them by their higher ups, which in this case included our current democratic leadership (Speaker Pelosi, Harry Reid, and possibly Barack Obama himself). Given that information, I understand why Barack wants immunity for those who did the interrogation and to end any further investigation. I feel pretty confident that the entire affair is just a misunderstanding, and that if anything was done that appeared over the line was done out of patriotism in an effort to save American lives. God Bless.

Obamanation, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  20. mohamedd

mohamedd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea stox we all know mass murder nut cases are the bad guys but are you saying its ok to torture children who had nothing to do with the murders but were just his children?

I could care less that they tortured the guy himself, because honestly he should of taken that into consideration before doing what he did. But the children do not have this control so why punish them? All of your info is with the man you got.

mohamedd, Apr 20, 2009 IP