1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

whats the best for long term traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by gjsuperstar, Apr 18, 2009.

whats best for long term traffic, besides ezine articles, like which would be good for long term, would it be articlebase.com, buzzle.com, goarticles.com, or articledashboard.com etc. please let me know thanks, and which would be better for traffic in general out of these four. Thanks

gjsuperstar, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  2. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer getting lots of search traffic for the long term. Use article directories to build links to your main sites

Glen, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  3. jibber

jibber Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't use article directories for long term traffic. When i use them though i would only use goaticles.com besides ezine articles, but all of those are good directories for traffic.

jibber, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  4. astounded

astounded Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've never actually explored articles, it's an area I'd be a little lost in. Do you tend to submit the same article to multiple directories?

astounded, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  5. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I took down all my ezine articles about a month ago. I got no traffic from them, and hardly did their links count.

So, for me, and this might be COMPLETELY different from everyone else in here. I'm not a get rich quick online guy. I am in the legal field, so people going to my website have a definate agenda in mind.

Commenting on blogs, SIGNING UP and commenting on news paper articles, SIGNING UP and commenting on forums in your niche, in your niche, in your niche... is for the long term. If you comment on .EDU and .GOV blogs and studies? oh good lord you are in like flynn. If you can pop up as an authority in such a wide spread area in your niche, you will get both direct and seo organic traffic.

I'm now on page one for several keywords in my niche. I am slowly getting natural backlinks. I am getting emails requests for links to my site. And I'm still going.

Remember those comments, people actually do read them. I even go back and place a few more comments on blogs about the topic at hand. Sometimes, I pull up yahoo links and just go back and post 1 more comment on a blog i commented on a month ago. It simply solidifies you as legit.

You asked for long term, you gotta appear long term.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  6. rookiethomas

rookiethomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic from article sites is quite low in the grand scheme of things at least in my. About 1% of those who read my articles actually come to my site. I use articles submission more for the SEO benefit!

rookiethomas, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  7. Tranny

Tranny Banned

Best Answers:
    I did exactly the same. No traffic from ezine whatsoever, their links are virtually worthless but what's worse, all articles I posted there were stolen and posted all over hundreds of article directories with somebody else's link in the source box. The amount of headache and how it's contra productive to your work makes ezine not only worthless, but also dangerous to your marketing efforts. I'm never posting anything there anymore. I only post articles to a few high rank directories, each was slightly different. Ezine ones were ripped big time. It attracts scammers who have no back spine.

Tranny, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  8. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    EXACTLY. The same thing happened to me. I could not believe it. Not only did they copy my articles, but I found them on COMPANY websites, as if it were a response to a question about their product. I could not believe it.

And Ezine acts like they are all that. The final straw was when I tried to submit an article to propeller.com and propeller had and autoresponse "Ezine articles is considered a spam site and has been banned from our server" I immediately went and deleted all my articles. They're in my blog that no one sees anyway. I asked them to delete my account and not send me any more emails.

My website is high brow and very precious to me. It's a legal website so I need an impeccable reputation on the net. I cannot be associated with a spam site.

I say again, post excellent comments on niche blogs or news paper articles [like cbs.com] for LONG TERM traffic is the best. I get thank yous from the authors and reporters in my email for my comments. I get people quoting and discussing my comments.

Just think, the author of the blog is happy because I created buzz on his crappy blog, people are clicking my link, i get authority from it. It creates a viral backlink mechanism.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Apr 18, 2009 IP
    blichev likes this.
  9. RifqiAF

RifqiAF Active Member

Best Answers:
    article marketing is still the best for long term traffic IMHO...You should optimize your ezine article so it could rank better in SE...do some keyword research first before, add the keyword to title and first paragraph...then submit the articles not only to ezine, but to other article directories...I've been using this method and it works, especially with long tail keyword...

RifqiAF, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  10. brianconor

brianconor Peon

Best Answers:
    The best bet is to distribute your articles to all over the place, i mean to around 300 to 400 article directories. That way no one can steal your article from ezinearticles and submit them them to other place.

brianconor, Apr 19, 2009 IP