1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is it always "CHEAP ARTICLE WRITER"

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by phyza, Apr 13, 2009.

1. VFMedia

VFMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    DP is a buyers market. People want not only cheap article writers but cheap designers, websites etc. This forum is a bargain buyers paradise.

VFMedia, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  2. omshanti

omshanti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally admire Y. L. Prinzel and JHMattern (a lot). I learn a lot from both of them and even see them as someone who I always look up to.

Don't you think it's important to see to it that you don't have to answer or respond to people who are just plainly interested in cheap content? that you can save time rather than waste it at a cheap forum?????????

Is "hard work" a compulsion? is there any such rule that says you have to compromise in life or you should work hard? I think it's all about wisdom!!.

Do you realize the forum's reputation and goodwill is getting drastically lowered because of the cheap trade.. It's like China coming right here in America and saying "Hello, We're gonna have fun here and take all the trade away!!!!!!!!!!!!". Oh c'mon then all the ranting against the globalization is certainly hogwash and all those demonstrating are idiots!!!!!!

Don't you think it's irritating to find cheap gigs every time you hunt for clients in a forum? you call dp a quality forum, then why do we see all the cheap trade right here??????????

Why was this thread written in the first place and the OP "ranting" about all the "cheap writers" business happening??? Is the OP an idiot??? Maybe he is. He shouldn't have. He must compromise and not come here again to find only cheap gigs. He must compromise and leave the forum to all the cheap clients and cheap writers. DP forums CONTENT CREATION SECTION is NOT A QUALITY WRITERS FORUM. IT'S A CHEAP WRITERS FORUM MEANT FOR ONLY CHEAP WRITING BUSINESS. If I'm rude, I apologize but it's not just me this time. It's even the OP talking the same thing. This forum is getting worse day by day.

You know something. You can't just ignore anything for a long time. Some time you have to look deeper within you and accept it as a fact of life. If you can change it, push the change to make it what you want it to be else, leave it as it and regret it for the rest of your life that you can't change it.

Don't you think the forum is full of cheap gigs? ain't that enough? isn't it time to take some constructive measures from preventing the forum's reputation and goodwill from sliding down?

If you just want to offer cheap stuff, what's the point? really? I mean it's all CHEAP TRADE which will land DP forums in a soup some day or the day! Want to take up a $1000.00 bet with me.. I am ready for it.

You want to have policies and you don't want a policed forum at the same time.. If having a policed forum means being lazy, then it's better to have no policies within the forums...

You want to have a regulated forum and you don't want to regulate the forum, how can that happen anyway?

You want a quality forum that's well regulated, certainly don't you? and you are seeing all the cheap trade day in day out, just ignoring it just because you don't have enough time to help YOUR OWN SELF with getting better gigs at one place right here in this forum. isn't that ridiculous? Now, is that being lazy or being smart? being DUMB or being intelligent?

You want to offer gigs to writers as part of FREE TRADE and you don't want to improve the quality of FREE trading between writers and clients that's happening right here in this forum, I think that's double standards. That's ridiculous too. You want to moderate the forum and you really don't want to moderate the forum too.. don't you think that is .........

And its' not about monitoring the quality of output, it's about contributing the best you have within you to the forum.. Leave the monitoring on the clients and the writing community who will review the same within the forum.. many writers don't know what's quality and astonishingly many clients don't even know what a quality article is??? If it's FREE TRADE it does not mean that there can be no space for improvements??? I mean that's ridiculous if you don't want to be the best you can and do the best to everyone! so what do you want to be?? Selfish or Self-limited! The BEST or called CHEAP! maybe you love being told, you don't deserve to be paid a quality price! how does that feel when clients tell you that??

I think if you want to contribute to the forums growth, why not create policies that really helps the forums and makes everyone happy? Now would that make you unhappy or would that make you really HAPPY :) ?

Even you want a lot of clients who OFFER QUALITY GIGS while they pay great and you do not want to work collectively with and for everyone to benefit not only with/for other writers but YOUR SELF mainly. Why work so hard when you can work SMART AND SIMPLE. It's straight. It's downright simple. Bullseye.

Either you offer a great forum for everyone to enjoy fairly or you don't.

Offering people to do cheap trading right here within this forum will spoil the reputation of the forum. Whatever business you are doing right now will definitely get lesser (yes, you being a quality writer will surely be affected from the business within the forum that you will be getting day in day out) when there will be scammers coming up in this forum offering cheap writing and running with all the money!! That's not far away but happening right here in our forum! haven't you seen many threads like them before???? And as the quality of standard output will shrunk so will the value of a quality writer in front of most webmasters.

And to top it all, clients and writers will turn away from the forum. Now if that is what you want to offer as part of FREE TRADE, I apologize but I would call that CHEAP TRADE and NOT FREE TRADE. It's CHEAP TRADE, RIDICULOUS... ain't it true?

Don't you think it's important for the forum to scale up the quality of its trades within its forums?

I think people aren't willing to take up the responsibility to create a change because of one single reason:

Time or lack of it. or maybe just not enough ideas to implement quickly and then leave it to a system that handles everything auto-pilot.

I have a solution. Want to implement it? Let me know only IF you're genuinely looking forward to implement.

Look, either you are confident or you aren't. The matters is that simple. Maybe the OP was stupid to open this thread if he thought it's correct to speak and rant about all the cheap business happening right here.

P. S. Sorry to the OP. I am just straight while being sarcastic to put the OP's point here.

omshanti, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  3. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:

I don't think either one of us is going to end this agreeing with the other, so I am just going to tell you where I am in this. The answer to your above question is, regarding the BST forum, no--no I don't. I don't use BST. I don't go to BST. I don't look for work in BST.

I use DP primarily because it's nice to talk to people who do what I do. It's nice to get advice and tips and learn something new. Some buyers, after reviewing my portfolio and rates, contact me and ask me to do work for them. That's a great benefit. But BST is not my area so I really don't care what goes down there. I also go to the Absolute Write forum and talk to other writers. I certainly don't expect them to post jobs of a price that I deem acceptable--and they're a site exclusively for writers.

I understand that you see this as a valiant, worthwhile fight--for whatever reason. I prefer to help out writers who want help and provide quality content to buyers who care about that. Your fight is like seeing a hot chick in love with an ugly, unfunny, unintelligent guy. You may decide that you should tell the hot chick to run to someone better, but I'm not going to pull her aside and tell her she could do better. She's getting something she needs out of the deal and it's none of my business to interupt that.

I do think it's my responsibility to help people who want help, and I do that as much as I can with my website, my forum, leaving comments on other blogs, buying and reviewing e-books, commenting here, whatever.

If you want BST to be your place for work and you hate the current state of affairs there, then I guess you can keep fighting, but you'd do a lot better if you spent your energy finding your target and marketing to them.

Y.L. Prinzel, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  4. Sn00py

Sn00py Peon

Best Answers:
    I love your posts.

You're quite right about how easy it is to break into higher paying markets if you just put a little effort into marketing yourself. My wife and I started our freelance writing company for commercial business content only a couple of months after trying out work on DP and quickly ditching the work that pays gutter rates. Through networking with several business owners we were good friends with, we found a couple of solid clients and now work off referrals and discounts offered to both new customers as well as current customers that refer new business to us. We've already picked up jobs that replaced half my annual salary from my "real" job (already a decent wage), but are only working 1/3 of the hours, at most. This happened BEFORE we starting building a website and marketing ourselves!

As far as content writers that only offer themselves through the content creation forum, I say let them stay there, and let them keep offering content at the rates they have to offer. There is plenty of work out there for people that have the talent and the initiative to break free of that place. I have no problem with no talent hacks putting themselves out there. It helps businesses appreciate how quality content can help your business thrive, and how crappy content can sabotage you before you realize what's happened.

Plus, there are many clients that have tried the DP way of hiring cheap article writers. These businesses now pay worthwhile rates because they realize you get what you pay for. One client actually told me he only hires writers from the CC forum if he doesn't need the website to appear "legit." LOL

Exactly. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink.

Your analogy is a good one. I think the same thing about people I train for diet and exercise. Some people actually seek out a trainer to teach them about diet and exercise, but they never seem to decide to follow an easier, more satisfying path. They continue to put tons of crap into their bodies and wonder why it's so hard to stay in shape.

Jhmattern said it best in one of her blog posts, as you said above. It's better to stop spending time pumping out articles for gutter rates and instead spend that energy building and marketing yourself for higher rates. I'd rather make $0 for a couple of months building a successful business that will bring me a decent salary than continue to write lower rate articles for immediate satisfaction. The latter gives one the illusion of success because you can find immediate work on the CC forum, but the money you'll make from investing into a better business will pay back any money you sacrificed by not taking the lower paying jobs.

Also, Y.L.: I <3 the Absolute Write forums! PM me your alias on there? I am Sn00py there as well.

omshanti: I don't really understand why you are so adamant someone police what is already defined as a free market. It's inevitable for a free market to develop different levels of quality and success. In this case, we have the CC forum, where talentless writers can offer their services for next to nothing. That's fine. They can't charge anything above next to nothing, and no one should pay more than that. In most cases, I'd say the writers on the CC forum are drastically overpaid as it is for what they produce.

Are you just arguing there should be a place for better writers to get better paying clients? If so, those places already exist, though in a broader perspective. Talented writers create their own niche and draw better paying customers into it. In fact, I argue that a low quality market like the CC forum only helps talented writers qualify themselves. These days, just being competent separates you from the multitude of "writers" that have no clue what they're doing.

Sn00py, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  5. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow... I would quote some of this stuff, but the thread would be fifteen miles long and I hate that anyway. I do it, quote, not often. People seem to have a lot to say on this subject. I thought is was simple, but nothing is.

"Cheap" is a relative term. I don't like to use it. It makes me feel; cheap. It sounds bad. I think of China, I think of cheap, but I have a guitar that sounds superb. It was made in China. Am I a cheapskate because I bought it? No. I liked it, I bought it. I didn't even know it was from China, I did not care at the time. I still own it. I must be cheap.

I will write for a very reasonable fee. Why? I have no reputation as a writer, I am not established. I can write though. I am not cheap. Reasonable is what I am. I know that fellow who is like me, that is, he has a new web business, is not cheap either. He is broke. I am new, he is broke. We fit each others needs. I will write for him to establish my reputation. That is reasonable. Not cheap.

Cheap is substandard. Maybe the question should be addressed like this; "Why are people willing to pay for substandard work when they can get me for a reasonable fee?" That, I can wrap my mind around.

It is a free market. Should one purchase substandard work and they are happy with it, they are not cheap, they are willing to compromise, or they have no gauge in which to measure quality. They may be ignorant, but that word strikes up connotations of stupidity. They are not stupid, just not informed. No crime there.

Asking the people at Digital Point to police every one is a moot point. They do that anyway, but for more substantial reasons than whether a writer calls themselves cheap. If they use that term it would not be wise to hire them as a writer in the first place. They obviously do not have a handle on usage regarding the English language.

I am reasonable. Glad to meet you! I do hope that one day I will be considered elegant and in demand. For now... I am simply willing.

(And I wish I had an editor to follow me on threads. Don't you? :) )

BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  6. Sn00py

Sn00py Peon

Best Answers:
    BadBoy: Why offer yourself at "reasonable" rates when you can offer yourself at well-paying rates? There's no need to set the bar low if you are able to provide a service that is worth a higher rate. A lot of clients are not looking for a mile long portfolio. They are looking for the person that can produce quality content. Charging low rates because you are not "established" misses the point that in this business often what it takes to be recognized as established is instead a high degree of competency. Which brings us back to the original point that many writers in the CC forum can't charge more than they do because they have zero competency beyond copy and paste functions.

Sn00py, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  7. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As I've already said repeatedly, it's not going to happen. DP staff does not have the manpower or the inclination to play the kind of role you want us to play--not even to implement something on auto-pilot (and even on auto-pilot, we would still have to manually review all the complaints and bitching from people who think they're getting a raw deal, or dealing with those looking to abuse the system - and webmasters always find a way to do that). On top of that, we don't even have access to implement technical changes without Shawn, and chances are slim to none that he'll come around just to setup new policies--he has a big list of things to look into if and when he's back around as it is.

Yes, those changes might make you happy. But they would also royally piss off hoards of webmasters (again, DP's primary target audience) in the process. Writers are not the primary audience here, and policies simply are not going to be based around what they want. That's why writing forums like Absolute Write and job sites like JournalismJobs and MediaBistro exist. Do I feel badly for those writers working for low rates who want to improve? Sure. But not that much--I already go far out of my way to help them better their careers. Public DP advertisements just aren't the way to do it. Anyone wanting to earn more is fully capable of doing so. But like the rest of us did before them, they'll have to work for it. No one's going to start handing them better gigs with new policies.

There's no point in beating a dead horse here--it just isn't going to happen, and all service providers are going to have to continue working to market themselves more effectively if they want higher pay, just as they always have.

jhmattern, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  8. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah? Really?

I don't know what the CC forum is or what the other initials are representing. I write well, as good as many of the best I have witnessed here and elsewhere. I am a perfectionist in a way, I cannot allow my copy to go out half baked. You give me the foundation on most any subject and I can write about it. I am old enough to have experience to draw from and my imagination guides the rest. I am a born writer. Some people are born to play baseball and have dexterity that way, I can manipulate the written word.

The problem is people in the general populace like dopey articles. Look at the most popular items on this forum and that substantiates my findings. Intellect is not the norm Snoopy, it is the alternative. People are not generally stupid, they are shallow.

I cannot write articles better than a fifth grader, if you follow my drift. A fifth grader may have a more recent tune up on trivial knowledge, but they cannot fathom the depth of my experience. Many people are intrigued about "Having a smoke after a big meal." My capacity and my very soul has had to develop this Twitter-like texting mentality that is so prevalent today in the modern world. I despise it, but cannot fight it entirely. People today are not as interested in depth and breadth, they want immediacy and instantaneous knowledge. We are so inundated with information today that it is necessary to dumb down at times.

As appalling as I find that personally, it is a fact.

So... Where is this paying clientele hanging out at that will give me my big break in the article writing elite circle?

(One time I should have quoted. Somebody slipped right in there on top of me. I am replying to Snoopy on this round).

9. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Sn00py--it's the same name I use here.

BadBoyzStudioZ there is no one magical place and there is no elite circle. It's business and in business, there are those who do well and those who don't. Here are some ideas to help you:

Join Toastmasters and network
    Become a member of your local chamber of commerce and network
    Attend small business meetings a network
    Attend trade shows and network
    Query magazines, newspapers, trade mags, etc.
    Approach your local small business owners
    Cold call a select group
    Attend meetings and functions that your target market or niche would
    Apply for jobs you see on Craigslist, Absolute Write, Media Bistro, etc.
    Network with any editors you find online and invite them to your blog to see your mad skillz

It's all the same info that everyone has been giving out on this board and in e-books forfrickinever. Seriously.

You can't just sit back and expect the high paying work to come to you. It's not always easy. Once you get some, you start getting referrals and building a reputation, and that will make things easier. But not in the beginning.

Honestly, I think so many people get upset about the BST section because they are just too lazy to do anything listed above. So they become cheap writers because it's easy for them. Like the hot chick with the dumb, ugly guy. Maybe he has money or is good at hoo-haa. Whatever, who cares.

When I first came here, I did a bunch of things in BST. I didn't know squat about the online market and it was a great testing ground. But it sure didn't take me long to call up some of the marketing companies and insurance agents I knew from years of networking and start selling myself. It also didn't take me long to start networking in other ways.

So, go do that now. :D

10. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Anyone that knows what they are doing is looking for quality. Cheap usually comes with a price..meaning you get what you pay for.
    I have purchased articles from here on DP and gotten a mix of good articles, but lousy turn around time, or cheap articles with horrible English.

DP is a good forum, but very few people here (Especially noobs and bloggers) understand value.
    Many bloggers have a sense that blogging is a cheap way to get a website online without spending any money and the bucks will start flowing in..they will never spend a dime.

An experienced article marketer or webmaster is more concerned with quality. We want to make sure the article is written well, so that we don't have to go back and rewrite it. We want to use it "out of the box".

The problem you face is that there are soooo many "writers" that will offer the work for cheap, but really have no business writing anything in English as a profession and it drives the price down because the quality s hard to find.

I'll spend $5-$8 on an untested writer just to see what he sends over...many times it is wasted money.

There is also the international community that you are dealing with. $5 in some countries is a good hour's work (Sometimes a good day's work), while here in the U.S. $5 for just about any kind of work is a joke.

It also works in reverse. Many people want to succeed online, but in reality, don't have a dime to invest in their business and $5 is a lot of money where they are from.

It is hard to find both a quality writer and a dependable one, and it's even harder when you don't have the luxury of actually talking to someone, or knowing if they are subcontracting out to a place where they can pay a writer $2 an article, and keep $3 in their pocket.

I agree with you, the fees seem awfully cheap, but when the norm is bad articles in broken English, or learned English from a book, and not from actually living in America so that you get the diction correct...it's hard to want to pay any more for an untested writer.

Welcome to the global economy :)

hmansfield, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  11. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    You are so cute... You know? Adorable with the kitty cat and stuff. I am an animal freak, so I like cats. I have dogs now, but raised on the cats. I am a cat myself. Independent and nocturnal. And I purr when I am being petted! Purrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

It's funny, not you, what you said.

All that stuff is what I have been trying to tell people about my real business, my passion. They need real world inclusions. Virtual world is generally an illusion in my business. Folks haven't figured that out yet. You gave only two Internet references there. Multiple destinations, but two actual pieces of information. The rest was real world. That is what was funny to me. Interesting funny, that is.

I just want some side work for this, not a complete business. My real passion is that I want a touring and music distribution company. To tell the truth I practice at this forum to get in the writing mood. It works for me.

Good information and I see the value of all of it. I jumped in here because I think it is hilarious, really. I know for a fact that the only people in this forum are wordy writer types. The average Joe Forum Poster in this neck of the woods wouldn't take the time to read the passion here. They want to talk about how many beans are in a can of Hormel chili, really interesting Twit-type stuff. I will be so glad when Twitter isn't the next big fad. Sooner rather than later please.

Thanks for the scoop. Like I said, I just want to make a few extra bucks.
    To me "reasonable" is still where I want to be. Less commitment. Less headaches, less money. I can live with that.

12. Crossroad

Crossroad Peon

Best Answers:
    Because people are cheap, so they demand cheap services

Crossroad, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  13. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    You are missing the point. No one is saying that English websites are only for Americans, however, if you are a copy writer and your client's audience is American, ..just any old English won't do.
    We are trying to sell product here, not just post articles for the sake of posting them, and bad copy won't sell, and will make your business look very unprofessional.

I can't write Spanish copy fluently, so I would never profess to be able to, based on the 4 years of Spanish I had in High School. I know enough to communicate, but not enough to write sales copy.

So if English is not a language you speak fluently, you should not be trying to do work for an English (native) speaking audience.

There are many people posting availability for work that they cannot do, and have no education or training in.

That is the point.

hmansfield, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  14. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to change the subject, but that blog you have as your linked article is a phrase I used in some of my sales copy at http://YourRockRadio.com tab = YOURCRAZY. You might enjoy my approach there, I don't know.:D

Anyway... Back to our regular programming.

15. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    BadBoyzStudioZ-- I am passionate, and I get blunt when I'm passionate...glad you were able to overlook my forcefulness :)

If you aren't looking to make a living at it, then I would do stuff with Demand Studios ($15 per 400 ish word article), Textbroker (.01-.05 per word depending on your classification), Bright Hub ($10 per 400 word article). It's not a lot of money, but they are relatively painless and PERFECT for a side job.

Oh, and, 147-156 beans in a can of Hormel Chili. Was that 140 characters or less?

16. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Blunt is beautiful Baby! That's what I am talking about! I have looked and looked for those leads. I keep hearing acronyms and initials, no direct leads though.

Oh yeah, the passion thing. Yeah. I am a passionate person in everything I do and I get spanked for it constantly, so I know the drill. Let me tell you a little secret, OK? Women like you are sooooooo much a turn on. I don't mean that as a pass, but I dig like Hillary Clinton and women like that. They are just this bundle of passionate power and... Wow! Uhmmm, uh... OK, I'm OK now. :cool:

How in the heck did you know how many darn beans are in a can of Hormel chili? That's just plain weird Trivial Pursuit type stuff. Huh?

Thanks for the leads, I am all happy now!

I was laughing at a Helium reference on another thread. I had X amount of #1 articles last year and made a $1.98. I still have like 3 number ones and a number 4 or something. I looked out of curiosity. Haven't bothered for over a year have $8.98 now. Should I get a 401K or what do you recommend I invest in with our economy in this condition? :D

17. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There sure as hell not on here. Don't believe the talk that there is an underground market on here. If one exists, it's very limited and the employers don't hire new writers. Maybe there were good paying jobs years ago on here but not now.

My advice for any writer looking to rise above the cheap english as a second language garbage quality writing, slave jobs and arrogant dweebs that think that just because they have a website they can demand the moon and pay less than a cent a word is to look elsewhere than on Digital Point. I've been here two years and it's only getting worse for the writers looking for work, not better.

chant, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  18. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    That right there is no mincing of words what-so-ever. Very straight up and you got me convinced. I totally believe you.

19. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If a writer can't break in, all it means is that they're not doing their job. If they're posting in the right areas and the in the right ways to bring an authority status, they'll break into that underground market fairly easily. Of course if a writer made the mistake of becoming a generalist, there's little they can build an authority status around, and they're unlikely to get the mid $xx to mid $xxx per article gigs that can come through DP clients. the same is true if webmasters in general aren't their best target market. For instance, if someone wants to write within the parenting niche, they should be building that authority in related forums, as people running niche sites often hang out in related niche communities--not always general ones like DP.

Specialize and be able to target webmasters in general, and it's not that difficult to break in on DP.

That said, no one's saying anyone should rely solely on DP. I don't know a single writer here that I'd consider "professional" who does that. Some look offline. Some of us work exclusively through clients we find online. Either approach works equally well (I've done 'em both), as long as you know how to target your market and network effectively. Then it's just a matter of looking where your target market actually is.

For you specifically, if you can't get into that underground market, I'd suggest starting by getting a professional site setup if you don't have one and then linking to it in your sig. Most of those higher-end buyers won't even contact you if they haven't seen your portfolio first--you need to make it readily available so when they read your posts and like what you have to say, they can immediately check out your work, rates, and services offered. If you've built that authority or trust with them and your site / portfolio are equally impressive to them, you'll get far more contacts.

jhmattern, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  20. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I still buy what Chant said to a degree. There is this undertone of distrust that floats around here that is something to overcome. You have 7000 posts and more than enough reference built up, so sure, you can demand a little more respect.

No offense, it doesn't always mean that there are not gifted writers of equal talent that could offer a similar quality of service for less money. You have more references and more time invested, so surely your profile carries more weight. What you describe takes time and total focus on the subject matter at hand. For me that is not the desired outcome, so all of that heavy lifting would take more time than I have to devote.

Does not mean that I have less ability. Less motivation seems to be the key to this line of thought.

So yeah, maybe for "hacks" like Chant and myself this forum doesn't have the juice, who knows? (Kidding Chant :) )