1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why I Believe High Gas Prices Led To This Economic Mess

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gregdavidson, Apr 14, 2009.

1. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Zibblu I think I am right on this, but the one factor that Obama needs to address is to get the infrastructure of our grids prepared to handle all of that recharging that I know we will have once these electric cars come rolling out. If this is done correctly and enough money is poured into this than kiss teh oil companies goodbye. Its gonna happen sooner or later. Im hoping it will be sooner, and im also not gonna buy a new car until the new electricals come out.:D

pingpong123, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  2. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    I am really glad actually extremely glad that we are in this crisis I only hope that it gets worse I hope that it gets really bad. Because it is the only way that people will finally realize that they DO NOT NEED GAS!!!! And that we should be putting our investments into electric vehicles and solar power and other forms of renewable energy

and it will make us realize that we do not need a 44 ounce coke at Mcdonalds and all the useless toys and gadgets that we see in supermarkets and gas stations

It is time we realized tat the way we are living is so wasteful and toxic

ErikJ, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Fannie and Freddie loan products which allowed people like me to finally be able to afford a home were based on good ideas. The blame for those mortgage defaults lies with the bankers who threw those nasty adjustable rates into those loan products, and the unscrupulous mortgage brokers who glossed over many of those finer points. I was very fortunate in that my disability, my wife's meager income, and our EITC government stipend were enough to allow us to hold out until the government rushed in and saved us with an adjusted fixed rate mortgage based on our income instead of the nasty usurous terms in our original mortgage.

Thank god we have a President who realizes the only way out of this mess is for the government to borrow massive amounts of money and spend it on healthcare for everyone, as well as other social programs for the underprivleged! I feel confident that he can raise the taxes on the rich enough to eventually pay off that debt, and make this country once again a great place to live!

Obamanation, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  4. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:

Are you against Obama or in favor of Obama? You seem to like him for all the wrong reasons!

gauharjk, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  5. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I will ask again: why is nobody worried about Obama's budget and his so-called "Cap and Trade" plan that would basically double energy costs for everyone due to high taxation on energy?

If we think gas prices are high now, just wait....

Firegirl, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  6. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Wrong Reasons? Spending is stimulus, and Mr. O has decided to spend on us, the downtrodden. In my book, that's a double win. 95% of us are going to be a lot better off and the other 5% can cry me a river about it.

Obamanation, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  7. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but this really was part of the problem.
    I personally blame the consumer/borrower and the middlemen more than the banks.

LogicFlux, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  8. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let's bring up gas prices to $10 a gallon right now and sees what happens. I can guarantee you it won't be pretty. Or let me guess, gas prices don't have a significant effect on the economy. When you walk into your local grocery store and find out that prices on every product has literally doubled in under a month I'm sure you will believe me then. But then again you'll probably be too busy protesting on the streets with a bunch of angry mobs.

gregdavidson, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  9. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    More hybrids will be sold. The electric car / truck / bike & bus will replace the petrol version even quicker.
    Higher prices in supermarkets during the transition. Even lower prices once they work out it's more cost effective to run these vehicles.

Bushranger, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  10. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    .... George Bush doesn't care about black people.

ncz_nate, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  11. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Spending is stimulus. But where is the money coming from to fuel that stimulus..........

hmmmm.....

None of us will be better off until someone who actually knows what he's doing takes control of the economy. Obama is just digging our grave deeper!

ksb2050, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    The rich bandits who have been robbing us for so long of course.

Obama knows what he is doing! None of you right wingers complained when Reagan spent up a big deficit on military and business! Obama is investing taxpayer money in America's truest asset, it's people!

Obamanation, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  13. ksb2050

Best Answers:
    Right and I guess he knows because of all that experience he has....OH WAIT! He has no clue, face it, and his actions have proved it thus far. Obama is investing tax payer money in it's people, too bad the government takes from me a larger percentage than it gives back to me. I'm not inclined to spend at all, I'm saving! Besides what's the point in investing in the people if your stimulus packages makes them poor, breaks their spirits, and sends them to live on the streets?

This is the internet. Most the younger population hangs here, although the older generations sometimes show up. I for one was 1 year old when he left office. Besides times were different back then. But I wont make exscuses for times I wasn't present for.

ksb2050, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  14. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    And what will "less spending" do? How do you get money moving again? How do you put more money in our economy? Why are you blaming Obama for all of Bush's problems? Obama is trying his best to fix our problems, however, the best economic experts in the world can't figure out how to fix Bush's problems.

gregdavidson, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  15. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    No doubt! Think about it... Bush is responsible for TARP, and that misguided stimulus plan, 350bil? He is also responsible for all those wire tapping programs! Thank god Obama is around, the world is changing and there is nothing you can do about it!

Obamanation, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  16. ksb2050

Best Answers:
    *SIGH* No I am blaming OBAMA for OBAMA's problems. It may have started out as Bush's problem but when Obama decided to make the situation vastly worse it became his problem. I absolutely hate that Obama is blameless in everything he does, including his many (many) screwups.

I hope to God your not refferring to Obama's corrupt cabinet....

How do you fix a colossal mess? It's not going to be an immediate answer, it's going to take time to figure out. We just need to ride this horrible ride to the end, too bad Obama's hellbent on making it worse.

We can impeach him. Thank God the election is in 3 1/2 years. I just hope America survives it's "change" until then. "I'll keep my money, I'll keep my guns, you can keep your change".

ksb2050, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  17. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Wow! Impeach him when he's only been our president for about 100 days? Why didn't you impeach Bush? Or let me guess, he's a white president which makes it different. I'm guessing you're one of those people who believes Obama wasn't born here and you don't accept him as your president. People who think like that should be ashamed of themselves!!!

gregdavidson, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  18. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Playing the race card when replying to someone who has never really brought it up is just LAME.

This is America. That means people have the RIGHT to disagree with how this country is being run. And if it gets to a point where nobody EVER questions the government, it's time to move.

Assuming things only makes an ass out of you. Please stop calling everyone racist that doesn't agree with Obama. That just tells everyone you have no valid arguments. Come up with something better next time please....

Firegirl, Apr 16, 2009 IP
    robjones likes this.
  19. ksb2050

Best Answers:
    Greg Davidson, do you know me? Playing the race card is stupid, especially when you do not know the race, creed, or anything else about the person you are making assumptions about.

I lost my impeachment hammer. Come on! Ask the American People not me!

Another assumption and another strike out. Obama is American as it's been shown countless times.

Why because I don't assume what other people think? :rolleyes:

Greg, I hate assumptions, but I can't sit here and not tell you the assumption I've getting of you. Your a left winged idiot who thinks he knows it all. You make assumptions of other people and then judge them on that perception alone. You jump to completely idiotic conclusions such as Bush wasn't impeached because he was white. I don't give a flying F*** if he was purple with green dots - doesn't change a thing! There is such a thing as Reverse Racism and your fine example of a hater. LEARN, greg, that making assumptions is just an ignorant way to jump into a conversation and scream "I don't know whats going on".

ksb2050, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  20. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Well why weren't any of these people complaining about Mr. Bush?

gregdavidson, Apr 17, 2009 IP