1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$20 for the person that can help me overcome a Google ranking penalty

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Pryda, Apr 14, 2009.

I made a thread last week about my site dropping to page 6 because of some Google penalty. I've tried everything I can think of and am desperate for a solution. Therefor I've created this thread. If you can help me solve this problem and get my old #1 ranking back, I promise that I will give you $20 through PayPal. As long as your suggestion or advice helps me, I will pay you. It can be easy if you're an SEO expert.

This is the link to the old thread:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=11110182#post11110182

If you have questions, please post them in this thread and not in the old one.

Pryda, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  2. Pryda

Pryda Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to add that I've already requested a reconsideration. I've also made sure that all the content related issues are fixed (duplicate content, meta tags, ...).

Pryda, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  3. Andy93

Andy93 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have an idea I'll discuss it via PM with you as I need to find more information out first to conclude weather it is what I think.

Andy93, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  4. amrit.ray

amrit.ray Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way out is to put in a reconsideration request which you already have. The same thing has happened with one of my site too. It is quite strange that after Google penalizes your site, it does not automatically checks to see if the site has changed and if it no longer should be penalized. You have to put in a reconsideration request which some one will see in 2-3 weeks time. And since it is a human being seeing your site, you don't know what is going through his head or his mood for that matter. This will continue to be the story as long as Google has its monopoly in the search engine market.

amrit.ray, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  5. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    Just had a look at your url/keyword from the other page. Save your $20, the domain isn't savable. If anyone says they can do anything with it, it will just be more coincidence than anything else that your reinclusion has worked. You've done all you can by filing that.

Your site looks burnt in Google - never a good sign when other sites mentioning you outrank you for your own domain.

Vic_mackey, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  6. Pryda

Pryda Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid you're right :(

Pryda, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  7. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This things happen to me alll the time and everytime I come out of it :)
    But each time I treat it diferrently and I never ask for a reconsideration or whatever as long as I am on google and as long as site:mysite.com throws a result..

This is a very old penalty and is caused whenever u trip a google filter.
    You would know what filter you might caused.

1) Did u add content that are no unique? ----> Add lots of content onto each page that has been indexed
    2) Did u link to your site with the same anchor text.. If one anchor text to the home page is 70% of your inound links it is BAD.. U can ask some person to change the anchor...

3) The penalty is usally tripped by Spammy Looking Links...
    ---> Are you linking from your own sites excessively? remove some links but not all..

4) This is what you need to do:

You need to improve your link diversity massively..

get as many links as possible from different sources.
    ->Order a social submission to about 200 social sites using different anchor.
    ->Order some 50 social submissions each for 10 or more of your most popular internal pages.

All you pages should have at least one or two links.. Social bookmarks are the easiest
    -> get other random links.. As long as they are not spammy get links from some forums... register in forum related to ur niche and make 10-20 posts with a live signature
    -> Pay to get some blog posts with links to your internal pages
    --> Get some 500 blog comment submissions. a mix of dofollow and nofollow.. nofollow should be more. Don;t use keyword rich anchor text

You will be OUT...

wait lemme give u a screen shot..

Blogspotter, Apr 15, 2009 IP
    hyper likes this.
  8. sallysmith

sallysmith Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a similar problem once (i guess it was as your problem) and it turned out that it was all about one link from a similar page but older and with a higher PR - I don't know why they did it but when the link was removed everything got into normal.

sallysmith, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  9. Pryda

Pryda Peon

Best Answers:
    Most in-links use the exact same anchor text to link to my site, namely the title of the site/domain.

I'm not linking to my own site, but the site itself has hundreds of internal links. Is this a problem?

Every page has some adbrite ads and a list of 30 link friends.

Won't buying links or comments hurt my site even more?
    Can you send me that screenshot?

Pryda, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  10. shoedeluxe

shoedeluxe Peon

Best Answers:
    I experienced the exact same thing with 2 (foreign language) sites of mine. Both sites were considered authority sites on their own topic. I had #1 positions for almost all competitive keywords, and was earning good money with them.

Back in November 2008 both sites suddenly dropped all their keyword rakings from #1 to page 6. Now the keyword positions fluctuate daily (hourly) up and down 5-10 spots, but all still around page 6.

Also, when I look for "www.domain.com", without the www. and .com (so I look for: "domain"), my site doesn't show up before page 6. Another sign, I read, that it is indeed a penalty. I still have my pagerank though (Pr5).

I only got time to start working on getting more links for about a month ago. Then suddenly one day I got about half original rankings back for about half my keywords. Great I thought... but this only lasted one day; they are back to page 6 again.

These are affiliate sites, so they might be considered thin-affiliate sites in google's eyes.

My main problem is I don't know if it's a manually penalty/filter or an automatic one. If it's manual, it will need manual review to remove the penalty. This is not possible, since both are affiliate sites.

So I don't know if I just should abandon them and start new ones, or if it can pay to spend time and money to get them back again.

Reading Blogspotters message gets my spirits up. It shows it might be possible to get them back. I would love to hear more experience from others as well. I will of course also post my experiences, if there is any change in rankings.

So Pryda: please keep me updated on this one!

/Tim

shoedeluxe, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  11. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    20$ for a penalty solution ? :)
    I don't know if a reputable seo will do it for 2000$ but you can try.

hyper, Apr 25, 2009 IP
    Blogspotter likes this.
  12. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, $20 buys you about 5 minutes of our time. the site must be worth a lot to you to offer so much? :)

SEOibiza, Apr 26, 2009 IP
    Blogspotter likes this.
  13. Pryda

Pryda Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for this post. Sounds like I'm not alone on this. I will keep you updated. Hope you do the same for me ;)

Pryda, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  14. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah she did a mistake by mentioning 20 dollars because a penalty costs me thousands in adsense when I was in the penalty. And when I helped myself out, it has paid me thousands and will pay me thousands more... Dollars :)

But I wanted to help anyway because we need to look out each other, and I like to help :)
    The site I mentioned above made me $20 a day even when I was in penalty because I was still getting a lot of yahoo and Msn/Live Traffic..

Anyway to answer her problem.. Same Anchor links can be a filter too. So you need more diversity in your link profile. Diversity is the key. Diversity in Anchor keywords, Diversity in Types of sites, diversity in link positions ( footer, in content, blogroll, links page)..

So If I had hundred link with same anchor.. Since I couldn't change all the anchor, what I did was get 1000 more cheap links with different anchors.. To diversify the link profile

[​IMG]

See the image I have uploaded as u have asked ..

After the penalty I came out stronger since I increased the number of inbound links and also increased the number of pages in my site.. I worked real hard for that :)
    So in a way, penalty is always good.. Never ask for reinclusions it it was an abvious penalty because of Cloaking etc..
    Just work hard to get back your losses..

This is just an example. Because of the SEO nature of my sites, I get penalised very often...

Blogspotter, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  15. shoedeluxe

shoedeluxe Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, here's my rankings graph. This is for one keyword, but it looks basically the same for about 30 keywords and potentially more (did not track them all).

Generated by the way by the excellent software rank tracker (http://www.link-assistant.com/rank-tracker/)

Notice the little increase of one day on the 10th of april, after some quality link building. I hope I can post another graph soon, where everrything is up again.

[​IMG]

shoedeluxe, Apr 26, 2009 IP