1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

13-07-2006 PR update

Discussion in 'Google' started by dkessaris, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wow, huge serp updates for me. I also lost pr, but I really dont give a shit about pr. I'm hitting some huge top 10 listings! Very cool..

ly2, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  2. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Most of new updates are as per calculations of my private pr prediction tool.
    But one was most weired that is of my banned website www.nichewatch.com that got PR5 :eek:

It mean PR is being given to banned websites also.

Mong, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  3. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only if they were banned after the snapshot date. Same as they don't give PR to recently indexed pages.

-Michael

mvandemar, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    the updates are still going on..

one one site i had pr3, then zero for a few hours, now its back to 3. i give it a good week till its done..

Brandon Sheley, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  5. nsusa

nsusa Peon

Best Answers:
    Not correct. I have a banned site since the Jagger update and it enjoys a PR 4 for years without interruption.

Christoph

nsusa, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  6. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What URL?

-Michael

mvandemar, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  7. Tekntoant

Tekntoant Peon

Best Answers:
    I went from a pr0 to a pr4 on almost all the datacenters. This is my first site with PR so I am happy.

Tekntoant, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  8. tschrock

tschrock Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I feel a bit hypocritical posting about this since I smacked down a similar thread yesterday, but now I am seeing changes on my site, http://www.schrockinnovations.com.

I put up three sets of pages on that domain AFTER Google's Big Daddy update. These pages did not have any PR last week. Now the pages report PR 4 and PR3 depending on the depth in my website.

Each gateway page has a PR4 and there are a couple hundred naturally grown backlinks, and each gateway page links to three additional sub pages, which all received PR3.

Early this week I added additional pages that are linked from the gateway pages. They have been indexed by Google, but do not have a PR.

From this information I can conclude that *some* pages on my site that were not around for the Big Daddy update received NEW PR. This could not have been a correction, since the pages were not even indexed for Big Daddy.

Additionally, my root URL, http://www.schrockinnovations.com, has gained more than 380 new naturally grown, relevant backlinks since Big Daddy but its PR did not change. The PR on most other established pages did not change either. It would appear that pages that do not have PR are being assigned PR on a different schedule than across-the-board updates.

It was my understanding that Google does a large PR update every 3-4 months and then tweaks it if necessary. If this is not an across-the-board update that many people are seeing on their sites, is this a new PR policy?

Or have I not been around long enough to see the pattern here? You know... could be like Al Gore and Global Warming. Damn the Vikings and their combustion powered war ships...

tschrock, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  9. flightnurse

flightnurse Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to post off topic in the thread but I have to call this member out on content theft from my site!

I visited your site and see that you have posted an article I wrote on your site without giving me credit as the author and no backlink to my site either! How lousy is that?

Here's the article you stole:
    http://www.startanursingagency.com/Nursingarticles(nursingeducatorneedstat).html

Here's the original on my site:
    http://medi-smart.com/nurse-educator.htm

Either give proper credit and a back link to Medi-Smart or take it down before I file a DMCA Notice for intellectual property theft!

You can find the proper linking attributes at goarticles.com- look under my name in authors and that article will come up with the proper author bio box and link information.

Do it. Now please.

Again, I'm sorry to go off topic everone :)

flightnurse, Jul 14, 2006 IP
    SiteExpress likes this.
  10. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah friend. It is moving. My site http://www.ruuz.com went from PR 3 to PR 4. And inner pages got PR 3. :D

Nick_Mayhem, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  11. SiteExpress

SiteExpress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A quick Copyscape search shows almost all of his articles all came from other sources. I doubt Nurse Week magazine, and the Wichita Eagle allow duplication of their content, as well.

Webmasters work hard to put up original content, especially quality content like you stole from flightnurse. It is absolutely wrong for you to come along and steal it.

BTW, this is who she is talking about in this thread.

SiteExpress, Jul 14, 2006 IP
    flightnurse likes this.
  12. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    For me, PR has more or less stayed the same... no big gains or drops. Almost all of my backlinks have dropped, though. Also, hardly any SERP changes. Stupid update.

thebassman, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  13. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Any SERPS changes you see now are nothing to do with the update. They've already been factored in up to three months ago.

MattUK, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  14. crazyryan

crazyryan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was really annoyed, I sold a turnkey site and because I showed off my design on lots of sites, the URL got lots of backlinks. The site is now PR4 and since I sold it the owner has put no effort into it, it hasn't changed, not even all the pages or games have been uploaded!

As for me, I have had no losses or gains because I don't have any sites that are live apart from one which the domain isnt working! LOL!

crazyryan, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  15. loopy62

loopy62 Peon

Best Answers:
    Take this topic to PM or start your on thread:mad: :mad:

loopy62, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  16. SiteExpress

SiteExpress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get over it Loopy. She has a right to post. I would have done the same. Here, clyde66 is bragging about his PR, but some of his content is stolen.

SiteExpress, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  17. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmmmmmmm.... Ok one site dropped a rank from a PR4 to a 3 but it was due to lack of backlinks I am sure. But I dont really care about that one. I just wanted to see what I can get on my newer site paidposthelp.

enterwork.net PR4 to a PR3
    enterwork.net/directory PR0 to a PR1

paidposthelp.com PR0 to a PR3
    paidposthelp.com/directory PR0 to a PR3
    paidposthelp.com/pagerank/index.html PR0 to a PR2

lpstong, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  18. kedaar

kedaar Peon

Best Answers:
    Bad Update for me
    My site http://www.cricket-world-cup-images.com went from PR 5 to PR 3 and inner pages from PR 4 to PR 0.
    Actually this site was in DMOZ for 2 years and very recently DMOZ editor kicked me out. I don’t see any violation of DMOZ Guideline.

It hurts...

kedaar, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  19. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW seem it is real now. all datacenter got the same PR

tonyinabox, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  20. thilak

thilak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Page rank is now updating. Yesterday when I tried to check the PR of my old domain (http://www.thila.ropage.com) it was 0, but today its 4 !! WoW

JohnTP.com was 3 yesterday, but today its 5 !!

thilak, Jul 14, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.