1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense account disabled for incorrect reason

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by JamesColin, Jun 27, 2006.

1. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    well 2nd mail cant replace the first because, the 2nd mail is an preformatted reply of the apeal.
    if you are missing the point, if google says that the account is related to some other account that why it got banned, and if publisher has gutts to go to the court then google have to prove that the account is indeed related to previously unapproved account, no matter how giant they are.

So it seems to be a very li'l mistake but actually its not.
    If that is the mistake then James and his girlfriend has a very strong ground against google.

The Webmaster, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  2. whitespider

whitespider Peon

Best Answers:
    Senserely - maybe your right, all I am saying is that on the face of it it appears to be a click fraud issue and however mush you know you cannot be 100% sure she didnt get tempted. She is hardly likely to admit it to you is she after all the warnings you gave her.

If innocent I wish you all the best and I am equally sure you will be succesful so agree, just let it drop here, this thread has got way out of hand at times.

With regard to them paying back advertisers I think you ARE wrong there. I am a big adwords advertiser (well biggish, with over $10k per month) and I see refunds daily so they are paying money back if they suspect fraud.

.... and actually on reflection, yeah I DO agree "uncle" WAS better looking before the tints.

whitespider, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  3. whitespider

whitespider Peon

Best Answers:

4. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes I'm a bit foolish simply to support her case when I have nothing to do in this story, it's just it's breaking the fun we had together, that's it. I don't care about the 50$ it's more because of the surprise and the fact that you simply can't talk with google because they still haven't replied to her, except for this prewritten email following her filling the appeal form, which was not even indicated by google but by someone else on a forum, come on, this is lame.
    Using adbrite or cj.com is not as much fun since I don't know it as well as AdSense and in the case of adbrite we can't make it display relevant ads, despite inputing the right keywords in the adzone settings, so of course the CTR is very low on her sites and the payout follows.

Anyway, I hope everybody can calm down, but it's nice to let this thread to show people other sides of the story, not only: someone complains and says after 3 pages that yes he clicked on his ads.
    Here we don't have the same story at all, so that's a change.

Byebye

JamesColin, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  5. whitespider

whitespider Peon

Best Answers:
    senserely - I did NOT say your foolish for supporting her, in fact i think its admirable.

Personally I think its crazy to put links in a signature on any forum to adsense sites, but that is just my opinion I think this is especially so if you are in dispute with Google - thats all I said about being foolish.

Yes we should all calm down, but please dont twist my words

6. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello, Expertu provided his help and so my girlfriend sent this message to AdSense through the adsense appeal form on 10th july:

"
    Hello dear Sir/Madam,

In the past few days I sent a couple of other messages to the Adsense team, trying to explain my situation. Since I didn't received any answer yet (it's been 18 days now, since I sent the first email message).

My account has been disabled on 23rd june 2006 (after 2 months of running it without any problems), because it was found to be related to an account previously banned for click fraud. I since then tried to establish a communication line with an Adsense representative numerous times, without any luck.

I do want to mention that I am not guilty of any of of the above TOS violations. Moreover I will be more than happy to provide the Adsense team with any information regarding my account, from server to e-mail logs, or any other information.

Perhaps the relationship with an account previously banned for fraud click, which the Adsense team mentioned, could come from the fact that I live in the same house with my boyfriend, which also has an Adsense account for several years now ?

It's the only issue I could think about right now, altough no click fraud was/is involved.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
    XXX YYYYY
    "

No answer so far, for her this will be the last email she'll send them, so if they don't reply they'll have won, congratulations google, you just won 50$... how classy!

JamesColin, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  7. arafatz

arafatz Peon

Best Answers:
    hi james. reading the thread i have one question. are you sure that google wont do the same thing with you or anybody else? i mean you are running a site and using adsense on it?(senserely.com)

arafatz, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  8. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi Arafatz, I don't think they'll do the same since I already received payments (unlike my girlfriend) and I have my account for several years, so they would have found out earlier if mine was related (even uncorrectly) to a previously banned account.

In case anyone is wondering: NO they didn't bother answering to the last "communication" my girlfriend sent them with the help of Expertu. The message is clear.

JamesColin, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  9. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't make sense between 'account previously banned for fraud click' and 'I live in the same house with my boyfriend, which also has an Adsense account for several years now'

since your bf account still fine how come it related with 'account previously banned for fraud click'??

tonyinabox, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  10. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    tonyinabox I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but what do you want to say more?!?.. They don't answer at all anyway, they don't try to help identify the relationship with which banned account they're talking about, so what the point? Actually in the first draft she was mentionning the student residency she was registered to at first (now she left) and Expertu reduced the message to just the fact she lives in my house, now I don't remember in the appeal form if we added the student residency or not, but it doesn't matter anyway, they obviously really don't want to get a real person involved, not worth their time one can only guess.

I believe Google got it very wrong on this case and for sure they broke the webfun I had with my girlfriend, now we're playing with commission junction, adbrite and some other things and I just can't swallow what happened, and the disrespectful way it happened, but I don't want to talk anymore about it either, time to move on.

If I was an optimistic I would have hopes because of http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=109614&page=2 but she doesn't care anymore, that's because she never received a check from Google so she's not addicted to it :)

JamesColin, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  11. arafatz

arafatz Peon

Best Answers:
    senserely m glad to hear that you have recived payment from adsense. but after hearing your gf's story m a bit afraid......

arafatz, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  12. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Don't be afraid, what for? Tell me what do you want? I see you're a new member of Senserely, do you want your (senserely) account to be cancelled?

JamesColin, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  13. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    well they have the right to cancel any account anyway.

They can't find the right reason to reinstate, I guess. We can't proof anything right or wrong from this because they didn't disclose the reason and any information.

tonyinabox, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  14. Danny

Danny Active Member

Best Answers:
    any updates on what went on with this one?

Danny, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  15. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, the update is they didn't even care to reply at any email except for the update form when they pressed a button and we received an automated email.

Talking about respect..

JamesColin, Aug 31, 2006 IP
    Cristian Mezei likes this.
  16. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    "...except for the update form when...."

Replace update by appeal, I typed in a hurry.

JamesColin, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  17. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey James - i think thisis what happened with me too. i used the ads only on my blog - and they banned it relating with another fraud account. i havent clicked on my ads.

but i check my account from home and office. may be someone from my office have been a fraud publisher bedore. i dont know bt this though.

Google has become tough to work with now. damn!!!

The_FoX, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  18. ysb888

ysb888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you share your URL to any bad people? Some time people envy you!

ysb888, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  19. AusTravelForum

AusTravelForum Member

Best Answers:
    Despite appealling over a yr later i still did not get accepted back into adsense. Google seem to think they are the be all and end all, and while i admit its easy using adsense their lack of service and humanised contact is worrying

AusTravelForum, Jul 1, 2010 IP