1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The truth about linkbuilding that DP doesnt want to hear

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jenny1985, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Raikiri

Raikiri Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, you just sounded as if you were ruling it out completely. When I'm looking to do well in SERPs, the things I find most important are the PR of that site and the position of that site in the SERP I want to rank highly in.

Domain age and inbound links to that site are also factors but I don't care much for them myself.

Raikiri, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  2. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Jenny1985, you quote:

"Article and link directory's do not work any more!!!
    Google has devalued these links now you can submit to 4000 sites and it will do more harm than good as it looks spammy."

How do you justify this?

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/seo-company-search-results-an-embarrassment-to-google-yahoo-liv

The search term: http://www.google.com/search?q=seo+company

It has been almost 6 months since this post was written.

I have personally checked a lot of these backlinks when the post was originally posted and they do come from directories.

I think the faith people have in Google's competence should be reflected on. No doubt #1 in the game, but still a machine :)

inet, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  3. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    I read that too. (your link is broken, I thought theyd pulled the post to start with) I also looked at their links and I also looked at them through Linkscape along with a lot of other cases besides.

linkscape threw up some strange mozrank readings occasionally that you couldnt really work out how or why they thought a wierd deep directory page was passing all this value.

I personally think if you "submitted to 4000 sites" something would happen, but probably not much. And I think if we pointed 5 decent links at it we could probably do much better in the serps.

the bit I bolded below I have no arguments with, Im just talking about results against effort.

SEOibiza, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  4. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    exactly, thats the main problem with a lot of linkbuilding services especially on here, its all about quantity with these services and thats not right, its QUALITY that counts.

jenny1985, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  5. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    quality is better then quantity for my one site i got 150+ back links and PR N/A
    and for one another got 7 and PR changed from n/a to 0

MrPJH, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  6. jasoncreja

jasoncreja Guest

Best Answers:
    I am not sure how you are defining quality and quantity.. I think... Quality and Quantity both are equally important...

you can get 100 pr0,pr1 backlinks in 1 day but you can not get even 1 pr4 + backlink in one day...
    So, its better to do what is feasible... Only thing to consider is that your links should not look like a spamming or advertising link...

jasoncreja, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  7. mechanix

mechanix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So wait..How do you get high PR links then?. As far I know, blog commenting is probably the only cost effective short term solution on hand. Buying PR links is out of people's reach and it is impossible to go with link baiting for a small scale publisher. Any other route that you would suggest?. On my end, I believe the best way to build links in the modern day is through Web 2.0 properties. Google values them a lot and links from blogger, squidoo, quizilla and typepad count for quite a bit.

mechanix, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  8. Buckyuk

Buckyuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can you seriously generalise a statement like that???
    My article sites out ranks google for alot of terms and google is PR10.
    Are you gona argue that my site has better backlinks than google?

Thats just a stupid thing to say.

Buckyuk, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  9. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    obviously Bucky is right.

the OP doesn't understand what 'pagerank' is. Its just a 'shorthand notation' that enables google to tell your roughly how 'important' it thinks a page is.

That's all.

As such, it encompasses a lot of things, and all you can really say is that *IN GENERAL* a link from a higher PR page will do more for you than a link from a lower pr page.

doh.

contentboss, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  10. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have made PageRank my own definition that allows me to filter out all the noise. I understand that if I achieve a backlink from a site that has PR then that page has

a) been indexed
    b) can expect the spider to come round very soon.

The advantage here is that if that if I am building backlink I want maximum results asap for the website. I want the spider to come from these backlinks to mine and not the case that it can not find these low PR pages or worse not indexed consequently getting that weight of the backlink will take longer.

There are exceptions to this rule i.e. blogging about popular topic, hot trends, etc. These are the dynamics of the system that we all have to live with.

inet, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  11. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think il let you gals/girls argue this one out as theres far to much bad advise being banded about here.

That right there is the main problem, what does "in general" actually mean

for example if i was looking to place links and i found
    5 pages with PR2+
    5 pages with no PR but highly relevant
    id pick the second one, Why? because i feel relevance is more important and secondly that page will allways be relevant where as the pagerank pages might not always have pagerank

jenny1985, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  12. IBuildLinks4You

IBuildLinks4You Banned

Best Answers:
    Please source where you found that article marketing is dead.

IBuildLinks4You, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  13. welivethis

welivethis Peon

Best Answers:
    I see this as you trying to pass off your opinion as fact... its just not working.

Both of those two are beneficial... One will get you SE traffic, the other referral traffic.

The second might get page rank down the line, so its a good investment, but the first has PR now, and thus, is a good source of getting attraction to your site NOW, which is equally important.

You've stirred up controversy, but the more I read your posts, the more I realize that you're not saying anything beyond what is your opinion, and who's to say your opinion of google's algorithm is Johnny Cakes who made his first post yesterday.

welivethis, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  14. Earnest01

Earnest01 Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean, outranks google? google the search engine?

Earnest01, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  15. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Im not passing these off as facts just my own personal opinion, you wont find anywhere me saying this is a fact because there are no facts, seo its 80% personal opinion .

16. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If your title was written different you probably wouldn't have been attacked. The word Truth implies fact.

Still the PR sellers here won't like your opinion or the fact their business model is dying. :eek:

debunked, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  17. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally i dont think they will really care because the business model should have died 5 years ago but if people only read DP then they dont understand anything other than pagerank and will continue to chase it.
    Ask yourself, why do i want pagerank? dont chase it for no reason.

If the title was different we wouldn't have nearly 4 pages of what has been pretty good seo discussion :)

18. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what kind of drug you are taking, but article submission gave my new site a pr2 after one month of work. PR doesn't matter? Maybe you should contact CNN and tell them PR doesn't matter. They are #1 on keyword "money". Lay off the drugs.

blogaboutnothin, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  19. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok and When you got PR2 did you make lots of money?.....

jenny1985, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  20. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    Well he can earn by selling link space on the homepage!!

pro.seods, Apr 11, 2009 IP