1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google adwords scraper.

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Traffic-Bug, Apr 7, 2009.

Is there a known way to get a daily email of all new google adwords ads made out by people (regardless of their bids) for specified keywords like google alerts? I would like to know what are the new competitions for certain keywords without actually having to do the searching or visiting the content network sites.

Traffic-Bug, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  2. hbsjcd3

hbsjcd3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How would that help you? Whats you logic behind this?

hbsjcd3, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  3. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is of interest to internet marketers to see who are competing on the same keywords, and what "ad copy" or "special words" they are using.

Traffic-Bug, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  4. hbsjcd3

hbsjcd3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok I understand now. Agreed. Thats the way I make money with Adwords.

I check on the keywords - Adwords ad - landing page combination that a particular marketer has been using for more than 60 days straight, and replicate the combination, with a few changes in the adwords ad. I do this by direct linking 80% of the time and use a landing "review" page 20 % that similar to the successful landing page. My process is automated with software

hbsjcd3, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  5. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    not really a way to do it as a scrape - google would know and shut you down - also you'd have to have a massive list of phrases to try. Other pieces of software already do this using ISP logs - i.e. Keyword Spy

JHardy_WV, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  6. aunt bessie

aunt bessie Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Traffic-Bug,

I'm not sure about daily emails but have you tried something like spyfu.com or software like Competition Dominator (competitiondominator.com)? AdGooroo.com also offer services related to competition analysis.

I'm fairly sure all of these services scrape Google results pages rather than take data fro ISP logs - for that you'd need a service like hitwise.com

Scraping the data yourself is a definite possibility but would require prgramming and data storage abilities. Fortunately for many of us Google have no ability to "shut you down". They will however ban you (or rather your IP address) either temporarily or permanently from accessing their search results if you are identified as a robot, rather than a human, performing searches.

Hope that helps.

aunt bessie, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  7. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah my thinking is just to outsource it to lower cost freelancer, run daily searches on keywords. I have only 10 keywords but I dont have the time to track them. But this is another business opportunity so whoever has the time and the money and the resources can start a service (web application) like this, it doesnt need to necessarily 'scrape' the ads, a system where freelancers can see available keywords and find ads for them that others have not found already, and get paid per keyword bid, just like adwords bidding, is a viable business model.

Traffic-Bug, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  8. adgooroo

adgooroo Guest

Best Answers:
    Is there a known way to get a daily email of all new google adwords ads made out by people (regardless of their bids) for specified keywords like google alerts? I would like to know what are the new competitions for certain keywords without actually having to do the searching or visiting the content network sites.

Hi Traffic Bug,

AdGooroo here. We can certainly help you with this. Sending out alerts of new ad copy and competitors are just a few of the things you can set up in just a few minutes. Most of the biggest (and brightest) advertisers on the internet are using our service.

A word of caution. Scraping Google (and other search engines) or using tools that rely on this technique are not recommended. You can get your IP banned, but more likely you will subject your entire class-C to CAPTCHA forms for the next six months. You will also falsely inflate your impression counts, potentially dropping your measured clickthrough rates on your keywords. Not to mention that you will be fixing broken bots 2-3x a week.

We are the only company that has arrangements with the search engines which allow us to legally collect this data. We do not generate any impressions and your CTRs will not be affected. Furthermore, Google has certain measures in place that greatly reduce the accuracy of the data you get from services that use these methods (buyer beware - you get what you pay for).

Feel free to private message with any questions. I'm always happy to help!

-AdGooroo

adgooroo, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  9. BlackhatVault

BlackhatVault Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you mean you have special permission from Google and other search engines that no one has..and what do you charge for your service.

BlackhatVault, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  10. topseobs

topseobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Goohackle guys sell exactly that service(Google adwords scraping) and related SEO ones. They scrap Google search results and parses all the information in them. You can check if their systems are still up and running using their online Google scraper to show how their system works.

topseobs, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  11. couponsg

couponsg Peon

Best Answers:
    what is ment by scraper?

couponsg, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  12. shithappens

shithappens Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not exactly what you want but i guess you can do that with the following tool.

halilakin.com/blog/adwords-ad-checker-in-google-docs

shithappens, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  13. Paltaman

Paltaman Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys!
    I did it!!

Paltaman, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  14. Rajforum

Rajforum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm looking to scrape just google adwords website under whatever keyword I choose. So if I search for dog carrier I want to be able to pull up just the websites that are paying for ad's not the natural listings.

Rajforum, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  15. wtg

wtg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmmmmmm .. Google it's not fair.. You said I am the only one with legal backdoor connection with you.. I am seeing another guy just popped up :( .. Disappointed :'(

wtg, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  16. mustaineoz

mustaineoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    They told me the same too...!!!???:):):)

mustaineoz, Oct 15, 2012 IP