1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[journal] Zero to $3K in 30 days with internet marketing

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by SirKhan, Apr 5, 2009.

Yeah I know, I know: another journal. Well I HATE those journals that are not updated and their owners disappear in a minute, so I promise this won't be like that.

So currently I'm making a big fat 0 of internet marketing, but I learnt a lot from some gurus and books (although I haven't bought anything, just collected freebies in exchange for my "precious" email address :-D ) filtered them A LOT and came up with something like "my own" strategy. This will be its first test, I hope at the end of this 30 days I will be making stable $100 a day --> $3K per month thus reaching my first goal.

I have created a blog that I will update as often as I can and as I crawl this forum every day I will try to keep this thread updated too.

I'm grateful for every piece of advice anyone wishes to make, contrary to general people I like critics and I learned to filter them correctly so don't hold back ;)

Thanks for stopping by, here's the first post I would like to make public, it's really just a reminder for myself, but maybe others can profit from reading it too.

Good luck and much success to everyone!

"Write down your goals! Start a journal :) No, seriously if you think about your goals (both short and long term) and then write them down on a piece of paper - I use modern age paper: blogs.. - you’ll find that it’s easier to achieve them!
    Next, you should dedicate yourself completely to what you’re doing. Internet marketing is no walk in the park, so don’t take it lightly as 90% of the people does to end up saying “IM is a complete bull…” just because you expected overnight richness! Only one thing can make you rich overnight and it’s the lottery. If you want to BUILD your life and not wait for 100 years until they might pull your numbers then you have to work hard and focus on your goals. Anything else that makes you rich overnight is pure luck and then it’s “lottery” again just another kind of it. Don’t get fooled by the two extremes: one are those that tell you if you buy their product you’ll make $50,000 in 1 hour without investing a penny… now THAT is bull! The other end is those that say to you that IM is witchcraft and you have to born to it in order to make money. Losers. Then again, you shouldn’t listen to me neither :) Experience it yourself and if you work extreme hard with a solid plan, you will be making money, guaranteed.
    And finally you should LEARN. People don’t realize they have to learn something in order to be good at it. I always hated schools, and to be honest I avoided them as much as I could - but I always enjoyed learning new stuff, useful stuff! Marketing, sales is something that can open the doors to a new life for you, it doesn’t matter if you sell information products over the internet, cars at your local dealer, aluminium chairs for cafes or bags of corn… if you’re good at selling, that always means richness.

Now I will have to visit our local shaman again because I forgot the rest of the wise thing he told me ;) These are my two cents, take it or leave it it’s completely up to you!"

SirKhan, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  2. DF20

DF20 Guest

Best Answers:
    Good luck friendo. 0 to 3k is a pretty hefty goal, but the beauty of IM is that it's doable if you have the gusto for the work... I imagine you're going to be doing 8+ hours daily, but that's nothing considering the payoff!

I did 2.40 in february (mainly research) 73.20 in march (half research, half tinkering around) and my goal for april is 500 dollars.. It's all about putting in the hours and never ever giving up.

Good luck man, I'll be following this closely.

Edit: Oh and the blog is a BRILLIANT idea - if you can pull this off (or have any success at all), you'll have big numbers of curious IM newbies and learners coming to your blog every day... And you'll definitely get some nice adsense or aff revenue from the ads I'm assuming you're going to place.

DF20, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  3. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks DF20, you're the first to reply and means a lot :) You're already doing 100x better than me then, congratulations! And yeah, I can work like a robot, I'm used to it :) Keep up with your work, I don't mind if we both make $3k in May :)))

SirKhan, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  4. DF20

DF20 Guest

Best Answers:
    That wouldn't be too shabby ;)

Even if you fall short of your 3k goal, you'll still have something to work with... and the earnings will have residuals.

What techniques will you be using? I'm assuming bum marketing since you're starting with no money - You gonna make big content sites and try to SEO for some long tail key words to get a quick ranking, or article marketing, or both?

DF20, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  5. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Both, and to be honest I am cheating coz I have bought the premium package to ezine articles to have my articles approved asap. I just can't afford to wait like 15 days for them to approve my first articles. And one more cheat: once I see that there is at least a little money coming in I will definitely outsource some of the article writing stuff to professionals. And yes, I have websites too (at least building them) but more on that later! :)

SirKhan, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  6. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Considering that you are making zero at the moment, $3k within a month is pretty big goal...

Not saying it's not achievable, but I would set that as a long-term goal.

Good luck anyway.

bl4ckmaN^, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  7. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it is, that's why it's a tough challange bl4ckmaN^, and if I only achieve $1.5k in the first month boohoo :) Thanks for stopping by, I hope you know that I learnt some of the components of my system from your posts here and the other "VIP" forum.

So guys what I did so far was buy some domain names, put up WP 2.7 on them and some good looking design, bought ezine premium and now sniping for products to target. Will let you know more about my criteria when searching for products to promote, it's a tough decision, and one has to be extremely careful.

SirKhan, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  8. kerisblog

kerisblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck, and I'm watching and learn from you :)

kerisblog, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  9. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Okay looks like I have found my first product to advertise! It's a new one, looks like it doesn't have too much competition and based on my research I think there's pretty good demand for it. I will go into details later.

SirKhan, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  10. hbl

hbl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds good. Good luck mate, I hope you have great success.:)

hbl, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  11. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks hbl!

A short recap: I found my product that I will promote first, I found good keywords, I wrote an article, ezine changed my article title so they screwed up my keyword!!! I got ranks I got 25 hops but no sales yet.

As I said yesterday I found a product that I like, based on the following criteria:
    - it is a new one, not too much competition yet for this particular product
    - there are one other on CB like this it has been selling pretty good
    - I checked and found out that there are unused traffic-generating keywords that I could dominate "easily"
    - payout is $20+ for one sale, commission maximum
    - good sales page, nice graphics, etc.

So I went on wrote my first article and published it on several places, including ezine, 54 other article sites, squidoo and hubpages. Then made some (not too much though as I was running out of time) social bookmarks of these and waited.
    Today morning I find that for a keyword that has 2.5million competition on Google I have the 14, 35, 74 spots with some of these web2 properties I made yesterday. All pointing to my review page of the product!
    Now I will have to make some magic and elevate at least the 14th positioned one so that it makes around top if not the first place, at least the first page (10 spots) of the Google results!

Looks like my plan is coming together nicely, I will just have to repeat this phase ~500 times until I move on to the next one :)

SirKhan, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  12. donnagrace

donnagrace Peon

Best Answers:
    Target for keywords that have less than 10,000 results in Google so that you can rank higher in Google.

donnagrace, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  13. poker-bonus

poker-bonus Member

Best Answers:
    A question which may sound noob, as it is anyway, when you submit to 54 article sites, do you do that manually? do you submit same article or modifications? I think eza TOS does not allow you to submit elsewhere?
    thanks

poker-bonus, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  14. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tip donnagrace, i'm looking for the best competiton/visitorperday ratio and I try to select the keywords carefully based on those criteria. But in general, yes targeting lower competition keywords is better for ranking higher. You also have to keep in mind that a keyword that receives 3000 searches a day may get you 50 clicks a day with second page SERP (11-20) while one that receives only 10 clicks a day will not produce more than 10 even if you're first. So it's a bit complicated :(

poker-bonus: good question, i'm using an automated software for that, though i really don't see any results from other article sites yet! and i submit a slightly rewritten version of the article that is unique to every site.

SirKhan, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  15. poker-bonus

poker-bonus Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the response. As the matter of fact, I am in the middle of doing that myself.
    1. May I ask you if you had to register manually 54 times or if it is done automatically?
    2. What is the software? Dont say, it is ok.

3. When you "slightly rewrite", what is slightly. Do you do it yourself manually? Myself, I may change 5-10% of the words with an equivalent meaning; is it right? The reason I am asking is Google can detect what these "quasi-duplicates" are through some of its algorithms; anyone has knowledge about this topic?

Thanks

poker-bonus, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  16. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    1) Manually :( With some "form filler" software or tools it's faster, but I haven't seen any software do that 100% automatically.
    2) I will send PM.
    3) I too change about 30% with synonyms, I don't know how Google indexes (yet) but I will let you know if it filtered them, etc.

SirKhan, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  17. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    End of day 3...
    Today was a pretty rough day, one of my content writer's MIA and because I'm not that good at content writing I was adding some touches to my existing websites and also looking for new products to advertise and sell. One of my buddies at a forum told me (us) his experience regarding simple "review" vs. "comparison" sites and because based on some serious research he advised everonye to use the latter, I will try to put together something with at least 3 products on the same page... We'll see about the results.

No sales so far with my first product. I'm a bit disappointed because I sent over 37 very targeted visitors that were pre-sold pretty good IMO to the product's page and no one converted. I will try send some more and we'll see. This was from one article, my landing page received 48 unique visitors and 37 of these went to the vendor's site, that is an awesome rate, it's a shame that I couldn't convert at least one :(

SirKhan, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  18. kerisblog

kerisblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    don't be sad, keep going and I'll there want to learn with your act
    :)

kerisblog, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  19. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    thanks kerisblog, i won't stop until the goal is reached :) cheers

SirKhan, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  20. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    So this must be something... I have a page that links to me at #10 position out of 3.5million competitors but I still don't see too much traffic coming in, neither do I see too much views of that particular article of mine. The interesting thing is, that if my research software is okay, there should be a _very_ good amount of search for this keyword every day... Still, it doesn't seem to work. Well, it can be that the keyword research software was wrong, or people don't like to click the 10th link, I don't know but we'll see :)

Today I pumped out 5 articles to various sites, let's see how they perform. It's about the same product as before, the stats are the following: 63 unique visitors came to my landing page, (15 today) completely "free" I think they're well targeted (after reading two "presales" posts) sent over 45 to the vendor's page, no sales so far. I will have 5 more articles about this particular product soon I will do my best to take over G first pages and patiently wait for the results. In the meantime as I said I'm looking into another niches, ~9 more so maybe I will have more luck with the next ones!

SirKhan, Apr 9, 2009 IP