1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thumbnails - How are they Done?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Masterful, Apr 5, 2009.

I've got loads of pictures which I want to put on my Web site. I want to present them as thumbnails. When someone clicks on one of them, I want its full size counterpart to open in a separate window. How is that achieved?

Obviously, I just want pointers; I don't want anybody to actually provide the code.

Masterful, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  2. ExtremeData

ExtremeData Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have many ways :
    You can use a php script witch automatically will resize your image (the image source will be like that thumb.php?width=xx&height=xx but that depends of the script )
    A good php script : http://phpthumb.sourceforge.net

Another way is photoshop.You can use "Image Processor" to resize all images from a folder.Just go to to File->Scripts->Image Processor and select all options.You can set all thumbs to have a name like 123_thumb.jpg and the original image 123.jpg
    With a php script is simple to use the name of the original image to generate the name of the thumb and link to that.

ExtremeData, Apr 6, 2009 IP
    Masterful likes this.
  3. sindimatrix

sindimatrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    is there any dreamweaver extension which can do this ? I am not familiar with scripts and all but I need to perfom the same action using DW8

sindimatrix, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  4. ExtremeData

ExtremeData Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, you need a php script or use photoshop to do that.I think there are more applications which can resize more images automatically.

ExtremeData, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  5. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, ExtremeData. One rep point for you. :)

Masterful, Apr 7, 2009 IP