1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

6 Headlines That Catch Eyeballs

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by varun7991, Apr 1, 2009.

See...........Got Ya...........I have been reading a lot of blogs like those from copyblogger and mindvalleylabs and here are some types of headlines I feel work the best:

1) Direct Way: Simply show your visitors how your article/product/service can profit them. Example: "Explore How You Can Talk To Anybody In His Language Wherever In The World You Go". That was for a product that teaches how to learn different languages.

2) Number Magic: Add numbers to your headlines. Like "How I Went From 0 Dates In My Whole Life To 13 Dates In Just 6 Days" :D

3) Doctor's Rule: Make your site visitors think that they are suffering and you are the one who can solve their problem. Like "Are You Struggling To Make Money Online? Let Me Show How You Can Build Websites That Bring Profits 24/7."

4) Devise Terms: This one is good for article. Devise new terms or phrases related to the article and add it to the headline. This makes you look like an expert in whatever you are writing about. This one is from my own blog: "Codename THEFIR: How To SEO Blog Articles Like Aaron Wall".:cool:

5) Make It Easy: This is good for headlines of a squeeze page or sales page. Show you visitors that whatever you are giving to them makes the process automated, I mean your products does all the work, while they rest. Like: "Here Is The System That Builds Hundreds of Backlinks To My Sites On Autopilot".

6) Starting With Facts: Find a fact about your niche, something that would make your site's visitors say WWOOOWWW! Something Like
    "300 Million People In US Are Suffering From Heart Diseases. Are You One of Them?"
    That was just a demo, don't know about the real stats.:D

But, hey I think I forgot one more tip. What was that..........??.....:confused:

varun7991, Apr 1, 2009 IP
    WebStrategist and domain10x like this.
  2. AussieDomainer

AussieDomainer Guest

Best Answers:
    Very nice list. It is so important to have good headlines that attract visitors attention right from the start. With so much information and data on the web these days people need to see something attractive to warrant reading further or they'll just continue on elsewhere.

AussieDomainer, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  3. Witech

Witech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like the number 6 most

Witech, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  4. varun7991

varun7991 Guest

Best Answers:
    You are right. But not only should we just create attractive headlines that make promises, but also, our product/service should be able to do what we are saying.
    I see a lot of products appearing daily saying "Make Money $1.5 Million in 2 days" but the content in them is just what we read on the whole internet for free everyday.

Well, its my favorite too. I am using it right now on many sites. And I have also seen such type of headlines in the products of many of big companies. Hope we are in the right direction.;)

varun7991, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  5. CreativeElement

CreativeElement Peon

Best Answers:
    Great list. I also like number six also :) Great minds think alike!

CreativeElement, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  6. Random Guy

Random Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tips for newbies. I would've clicked to read a couple of those examples :)

Random Guy, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  7. syuxx

syuxx Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a really brialliants tips. Yeah, that kind of title really attract people to read our salesletter :)

syuxx, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  8. Mahamaya

Mahamaya Peon

Best Answers:
    Those were excellent tips. I couldn't agree with you more on the fact that the titles or the headlines are critical to a write-up. They entice the readers to read further and come back for more.

Mahamaya, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  9. varun7991

varun7991 Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh, so nice of you.

I am so sorry pal, I didn't put any links. But aren't the examples awesome enough? hehe..:D

But, pal, I am not just talking about salesletters. Almost all of the above titles are extremely effective in blogs and other types of information libraries too. Use them on your blogs and see the difference.

varun7991, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  10. theultimate1

theultimate1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, that's some fantastic stuff. I've been writing web content for almost 3 years, but I've been bad at writing catchy headlines. Your list just made it a tad bit easier for me. Thanks :)

theultimate1, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  11. MeganMorgan

MeganMorgan Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice! This is a great help.

MeganMorgan, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    #3 is great if you know your audience. In just two sentences you diagnose their pain, then tell them the gain!

Corwin, Apr 6, 2009 IP
    alexispetrov likes this.
  13. dekree81

dekree81 Peon

Best Answers:
    varun7991 -- thank you very much for sharing. I really need this list. If you remember tip #7, please update us.

dekree81, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  14. tarakesh.rao

tarakesh.rao Peon

Best Answers:
    Great linst
    I specially liked the thrid one

Doctor's Rule: Make your site visitors think that they are suffering and you are the one who can solve their problem. Like "Are You Struggling To Make Money Online? Let Me Show How You Can Build Websites That Bring Profits 24/7."

tarakesh.rao, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  15. RickGueli

RickGueli Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dude, this list alone could turn even a complete rookie into a "Headline Pro" :) Good stuff.

RickGueli, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  16. varun7991

varun7991 Guest

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. But you must also associate your readers with that pain. See how I am using "Are you one of them?" in this sentence:
    "300 Million People In US Are Suffering From Heart Diseases. Are You One of Them?"

Sure. The moment another big headline idea hits my mind I'll post the updates here. All the above headline templates have really been used by me and they work. So I only post ideas that work.:)

varun7991, Apr 9, 2009 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  17. cannesjas

cannesjas Peon

Best Answers:
    Very informative post! As a newbie on this site, and to Internet Marketing, I must say that I'm quite impressed with the willingness of forum members here to openly share information in what seems to be a very competitive marketplace.

As for myself, when I clickthru or even purchase something online, I've learned to go back and ask myself, "Why did I click on this one and not the others?" What did this one offer me that I felt I really couldn't find in the others?" etc.

Thank you!

cannesjas, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  18. riezea

riezea Member

Best Answers:
    nice list,, this will help me to boost my article headline,thanks

riezea, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  19. dp101

dp101 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is exactly what i need to help me .. Thankx

dp101, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  20. nickxifaras

nickxifaras Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice list very well thought out.

Number 6 will definitely work like gangbusters, but you have to be very careful...

Remember, you should never try and introduce your prospect to a new problem. If you have to educate him/her then the power of a problem based headline looses steam.

You have to talk to them about a problem they're currently experiencing or thinking about.

For example say your prospect just got back from the doctor with a clean bill of health.

Telling him that 300 million people in the U.S. are suffering from heart disease is good, but he's been checked out he/she is good to go, they may or may not read your headline.

But if you want to nail him/her between the eyes try something like this: (I'm making the stats up as well they're just for the example)

Last Year 87% Of Heart Attack Victims Had Just Been Sent Home By Their Doctors With Clean Bills Of Health...
    So What Got Them? STRESS...

The silent killer you can't see, feel, touch or taste...until its too late.

Are You Next...Will Stress Get You Too?

Take care,

Nick

nickxifaras, Apr 9, 2009 IP
    varun7991 likes this.