1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ethical Spamming in Forums

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by novashun, Apr 3, 2009.

If I use XRUMMER to spam my own forums for customers, do you think they could get penalized by Google if I created 50,000 posts with their links in it?

novashun, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if it's truly spam, then I'd suggest against it... you may get your links out, but 50k posts of even ethical spam will run the potential of driving real members away.

I once wrote this: When it's OK to allow spam

But I'm not sure it really applies to your question...

Qryztufre, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  3. ThreeGuineaWatch

ThreeGuineaWatch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't ethical spamming an oxymoron? :D

I'm not sure what you hope to gain from spamming your own forum?

ThreeGuineaWatch, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  4. novashun

novashun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No I can easily auto post good content - With links in it with different users.

Ethical AUTO FORUM Posting. :)

ThreeGuinea - You get links buddy. I said Customers.

novashun, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  5. novashun

Best Answers:
    Anyone else? Im pretty sure this would work.

novashun, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  6. vbplusme

vbplusme Peon

Best Answers:
    Could someone explain how this activity could even remotely be viewed as "ethical"? I think even a not too bright monkey could see that its a deception and deceptive business practices are inherently unethical? I don't get it!

vbplusme, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  7. novashun

Best Answers:
    It would unethical if I did it to peoples forums. Im not getting into the ethos behind it. People with blogs do it all the time. I have 100 Blogs, and I can get you 500 links, etc.. They use blog commenting software.

Im just wonder how Google would look at it if there were 500 inlinks from a forum related to a particular niche. I cant see it being any different than me posting 500 posts on DP....

Anyone else with some thought?

novashun, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  8. Canadianbacon

Canadianbacon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    On my forums, i'll allow users to point links to their sites or promote a product "if" they are participating in forum discussions.

Canadianbacon, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  9. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are setting up your forum for failure. There are better ways to monetize your forum without spamming it. The quick money you make will not last long. It is better to build a quality forum then worry about monetizing it. This is not an easy task but is the only way to build long term income from a forum.

allout, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  10. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First I just want to get this out of the way, if you feel the need to qualify a word with a contradictory word, creating an oxymoron, such as with "ethical spamming", then chances are you've chosen the wrong word to use.

Now as far as what you want to do, it depends on how you look at it.

Based on your comments, it appears that you want to decieve readers in the interest of your advertisers because of how aware you seem to be about what you're doing.
    People do this with forums all the time and Google probably will do nothing in response to it. That doesn't mean that the word will not get around the Internet that your forum is a viral bot fest and keep real members from joining or visiting though.

joebert, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  11. novashun

Best Answers:
    I do not care about readers, running a "Legit" forum.. This is solely for link building. Sorry for not clarifying.

novashun, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  12. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you used xrummer to post 50,000 threads and they all have a link in them - chances are google will not like that. There should be some kind of balance between incoming and outgoing links. With 50,000 outgoing links, you need around that same number of incoming links.

To answer the question, using xrummer to post spam with links will probably hurt your google ranking.

~kev~, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  13. novashun

Best Answers:

KEV, thanks for chiming in. I know you know what Im asking.

But no one is really getting my point. I do not CARE ABOUT ANYTHING for PR or running a GOOD Forum. I will get a doman, set up a forum, post links all over it to benefit the client only . How will this affect them?

novashun, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  14. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's going to be discovered sooner or later and everyone involved will be penalized, just like every other "viral marketing" attempt.

joebert, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  15. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, so the customer is paying you to post spam and your posting it in your own forums - sounds like a good idea to me.

Honestly, I think I have seen forums like this. Where there is not a single real member or post. But instead, the forum was filled with thousands of spam bot accounts and tens of thousands of spam post.

If its your forum, you can do anything you want with it. Including spam. But, after awhile, with tens of thousands of outgoing links and maybe a few in coming links, I wonder if google will label your forum as a link farm?

~kev~, Apr 14, 2009 IP