1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Developer from Penang, Malaysia.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HOLDEM8, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi fellow DPers!

My name is Al and I am from Malaysia. Though I have known DP for ages now, I have not really participated in the forums. This year, I hope to be more actively involved here to enhance my knowledge and hopefully contribute to it.

Anyway just a little about myself..

I am a domain name developer/investor and I have been doing business on the internet for at least 10 years now. In the past few years, with my lettle savings, I was lucky to acquire a host of semi-valuable domain names. This year, I set a goal to develop these domains into their niche category-killer authority sites. I hope to achieve my goals with the help of all the resources here at DP :)

I own about 800 domain names, mostly hand-regged and some are bought.

Among some of my "work-in-progress" domain names are:

ScubaDiving.net
    Downline.com
    Sett.com
    HHOGenerator.com
    GarraRufa.com
    DNTip.com
    MotorMall.com
    NEVs.com
    PPCAd.com

Other full-blown businesses that I am doing now are:

GrandSumo.com
    FlowerFish.com

These are businesses that became succesful in their small niche because of the internet.

I was also the person who launched Swapnames.com which eventually turned to Zuho.com. These sites are now closed because of lack of planning. Another site DNHour.com was sold off last year.

Anyway, thanks for reading my blah blah and hope to make some friends here along the way....cheers!

Regards,
    Al.

HOLDEM8, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  2. delamgi

delamgi Peon

Best Answers:
    welcome to DP.

delamgi, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  3. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi Al,

Welcome to DP. I'm from Malaysia too and nice too see another Malaysian here.

Wow... you own 800 domains? That is a lot. :eek:

If you don't have time to develop your domain, you can try sell it here in DP. :D

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  4. goldenstateofmind

goldenstateofmind Banned

Best Answers:
    welcome holdem

goldenstateofmind, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  5. HOLDEM8

HOLDEM8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi peeps!

Thanks for the welcome :) Its great to see our fellow countrymen here hope that you guys are doing great with your internet businesses.
    Looking to catch you guys around if there are opportunities..

Cheers, Al.

HOLDEM8, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  6. HOLDEM8

HOLDEM8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    800 domains are not really many. These are the ones that I regged during those crazy times but will let them drop once renewal times come. Sometimes you will just need 1-2 great names to turn you into a multi-millionaire. Hopefully some of my domains will catch on and do that for me ;)

Cheers, Al

HOLDEM8, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  7. HOLDEM8

HOLDEM8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, just imagine a good domain being a piece of virtual real estate and if you put up a content-rich website on the domain, it is now a developed property which will generate income. A good domain means a keyword domain, usually the .com extension that will automatically get typed-in traffic such as forextrading.com, creditcards.com, toys.com, sex.com, business.com, etc. These sell for millions of dollars but for small timers like yours truly, I will be happy to own a small niche but category-killer ones.

For example, if you are into goldfish, I will be happy to own goldfishcare.com and build a good authority site on it. This will help me practically corner that particular niche and generate income from the business easily.

With generic domains, it will rank very highly on search engines if marketed properly, much easier than non-generic domains. By virtue of this, organic search will bring loads of traffic that we can again monetize.

If you are interested to know more, just research a little on the keywords "domaining" or "domain investment" and you will know that there is another side of the world still to be explored.

Cheers and good luck!

Al.

HOLDEM8, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  8. sandeepdude

sandeepdude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to dp...
    I am just a baby when compared to you..

May be,i can learn from you...

sandeepdude, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  9. HOLDEM8

HOLDEM8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    huh?...I don't think so. All of us are still babies when it comes to acquiring knowledge, especially me! Lets learn and grow together :)

Cheers, Al.

HOLDEM8, Mar 31, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.