1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New SPAM sites...billions of results!!!!

Discussion in 'Google' started by Nintendo, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Stop bragging :D

Cristian Mezei, Jul 11, 2006 IP
    LaCabra likes this.
  2. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    I have nothing else to bragg about! ;)

LaCabra, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  3. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all of your kind comments. I've lurked for a while so I waited till I found something passionate about enough to say something. I was impressed with this thread as it appears to be getting some action at the plex by them banning sights called out, not that I want anyone to get their site banned, but I do want Google to find a way to better rank the good sites and not rank the bad sites. You’d think with their billions they could afford an intern or two to sit around and SEARCH for junk like this. Maybe they should open up that big mailbox that’s been going unread for years called the SPAM REPORT. I swear that’s just a placebo script that rings a bell in the lunch room every time someone fills it out, they get a good laugh and go on eating their free lunch.

I actually think a system where everything is listed, then rotated through the SERPS to see how much action it gets would be better than banning sites. People know junk when they see it, and would click back in seconds. A system needs to be in place that rewards quality, and PR is not it.

I'm not the most experienced person on the planet, but I am a relatively smart man, and if I wanted to I could be generating 500,000 pages a day of junk to get my adsense code out there, but I would much rather build valuable sites that have more than just CTR to generate income. I'm not even convinced that what the subdomain guys are doing is spam. They are just generating content and Google is indexing it, its not like the true spam, email and pop-up junk where its intrusive. A page in the SERPS can easily be avoided if you want. But what makes it wrong is that they are rewarded more than the sites who are honest and get deindexed/go supplementhell/get copied and outranked, and that makes me mad.

johnweb, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  4. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    No man .. It's total junk and spam. No unique content.

Those are just automatically generated pages, based on other search engine results (which they parse and put in that particlar page), and affiliate ads, or just others ads.

Now ny question comes.. How come I have 800 pages in one of my websites, which had 65.000 , and one such spamming website gets 100.000 ?

5. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, I feel the pain. Why are my product descriptions supplemental while my contact page, cart, FAQ, policies, all are not, they have no value I don't care if they are indexed at all. Meanwhile a dynamic worthless sitemap page (spider food) outranks the home page 2:1 in page rank, yet no one in the world would have/ever will link to it.

I've threatoned to break some of my sites up into just subdomains for each page and if this trend continues I'll do just that. When you can't win playing by the rules, sometimes you have to find a way to win.

johnweb, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  6. torunforever

torunforever Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with your basic sentiment that SEO webmasters have a greater influence on web publishing today than 10 years ago, do you have any data to back up your wild assumption that 99% of searchers have no web publishing ability? Here's a Pew Internet study that indicates the general public has more publishing power than you assume.

torunforever, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  7. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry no data to back it up, its just a wild a$$ed guess, stream of thought kind of thing. I would like to see the amount of web publishers then and now divided by the PAGES published then and now however. My hunch is that it is diluted significantly. The barriers to entry into publishing on the web are nothing today when compared to 10 years ago, so of course the raw numbers of publishers go up, but then again generating pages has never been easier as well. But what number has gone up faster, the number of publishers or the number of pages? It is Page Rank I have a problem with, not site rank.

johnweb, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  8. torunforever

torunforever Peon

Best Answers:
    I get what you're saying.

On the general topic... You may think Google screwed up royally with Big Daddy, and PR is becoming more and more irrelevant, but I highly doubt Google researchers are sitting on their thumbs saying to themselves "you know what, this PR stuff is going to be the end-all-be-all of search FOR EVER!"

torunforever, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  9. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No. They are sitting on their thumbs saying, "Somebody better do something about this mess. Does anyone have any ideas at all? A clue? A glimmer?".

minstrel, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  10. CrankyDave

CrankyDave Peon

Best Answers:
    Engineer #1... Big Daddy is broken.
    Engineer #2... Well, fix it!
    Engineer #1... I can't, it's broken.
    Engineer #3... We can't say it's broken. Now what?
    Engineer #4... We gotta say something... THINK!
    Engineer #2... Hmmmmm... Bad Data Push?
    Engineer #1... Thats it! We'll call it a "Bad Data Push"
    Engineer #3... Bad Data Push... Sounds real "engineery"
    Engineer #4... Agreed! Bad Data Push it is!

:D :D :D :D

Dave

CrankyDave, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  11. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Dito...a very nice post!

Thaks :)

Homer, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  12. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    That precisely what any intellegent webmaster is saying now. If Google is just plain broken or setting the bar too high, we are seeing evidence of the rage instilled when your great site doesn't just lose a few notches in SERPS but completely disappears. Requests for reinclusion fall on deaf ears...WTF does Google think this will entice :confused:. You go and spend weeks/ months fixing what *you think* *they think* is wrong ...nothing...still flatlined :mad:.

Most of us that have been making a living online for years still have to feed our children. The troppers will always find a way to do just that ;).

I really like your posts johnweb and say "welcome with opened arms"...GBY

Cheers

H

EDIT: sorry for double post...I'm just a little excited right now, Google just sent me my first visitor this month.

Homer, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  13. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Biggest mistake in my regard was unintentionally making myself lose the benefit of the subdomain effect by removing all my subdomains and replacing them with www.domain.com/SUBDOMAINID. Theoretically, it should be better, but I actually lost 50k pages, damnit.

Has anyone noticed if they've fixed this yet?

Art, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  14. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    LOL ... :D

15. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    So I was doing some odd keyword searches: goodman hvac amana

I found two of our favorite spammers sites again, 1700.z.etv--db4.org and 625.air.wzj--m3z.org all redirecting to t1ps2see.com. I filled out a spam report in the sitemaps console about 12 hours ago on it.

Just checked again, and they've been rewarded with the #1 result now.

Anyone want me to fill out a spam report on them for a keyword combination? I'll do it for free, and you get to enjoy the traffic boost to the #1 spot in the SERPS.

johnweb, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  16. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    As an aside, those odd domains don't show any pages at all in the index by the site command, however I've found them multiple times in the SERPS.

johnweb, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  17. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Domains with double hyphens in the name don't show up on site: command searches. It's a known bug.

-Michael

mvandemar, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  18. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well i just wanted to see those results, but the sites seem to be banned by google !

forumrating, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  19. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that info, I guess that explains that, I need to start a checklist of google bugs before I make statements of fact regarding their SERPS. So in order to spam billions and billions of pages effectively you not only need to master the subdomain redirect techniques but use double hyphens so the web watching community can't out you either. Once again using a google weakness to prolliferate. Brilliant.

So we take some known google attributes:

1) They will initially index just about any homepage with just one link whithin days.
    2) They treat a subdomain as a new site inititially.
    3) New sites get an initial 'bump' in the SERPS for a honeymoon period.
    4) The sandbox and deep crawling/indexing don't apply when your 'site' is only one page deep.
    5) A double hyphened site cannot be checked by other users for the amount of pages.
    6) Spam reporting/fighting is done with an algorithim and not a person.
    7) Some "authority" sites have the exact same structure, ie) About.com and craigslist, so banning the structure all together won't happen.
    8) Their inability to handle 301s and 302s correctly.

And build a site that just self generates using 302s to new domains based on search query's. Brilliant.

Could this be part of the supplimental issues we've been having? The bots are too busy crawling all of these new fresh domains to go and update my old and dusty pages that have changed 10 times since the supplimental cache date? Though I notice that cache and what's returned in the serps don't have to be the same, as I added some unique keywords to a site yesterday morning, the page was crawled, when I searched for it today the cache still shows from July 15th but the snippet is from yesterday.

johnweb, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  20. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Let me guess, if the original domains had had double hyphens...we would of never even known about there billions of listings but just thought they were really good at geting there SPAM pages to the top of da listings!!!!!

Ugggg!! You would think Google would try to fix themselves!!!!!

Nintendo, Jul 18, 2006 IP