1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This guy dominates EZA with NO Backlinks - suspicious?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Zander Boon, Mar 23, 2009.

Hi,

I've been doing article marketing for about a year, with some success. I am very "part time" so I am not in the big league. One think I do know is that if you can get your article into the "most viewed" list, then you will get a whole load more views. I have also noticed that people who get a lot of views, and get the top SERPS, often have a load of backlinks to their EZA articles.

Anyway, one of my niches is the "Earth 4 Energy" niche, and while doing some research on who was getting a lot of views, I discovered that one author has almost all the articles in the "most viewed" list. It's not me...

I won't insult you by trying to get you to click one of my articles, but if you go to the category here http://www.ezinearticles.com/?cat=Home-Improvement:Energy-Efficiency, then select any of the articles, and then look at the "Most Viewed" list, you will see that nearly all of the articles in the list are by the same author.

In SeoQuake, which seems to use Yahoo Siteexplorer, none of these articles have any backlinks at all. So how does this guy get ALL his articles into the "most viewed"??? Advertise on TV :confused::)

It makes me wonder.... either there's something fishy going on, or I've missed the eBook which tells me how to do this ;)

Any thoughts?

Cheers
    Zander

Zander Boon, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  2. Dave_Johnson

Dave_Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Just over the weekend I had an article with 1,400 views
    and 700 clicks. I did this without getting any se traffic.
    My article had a great headline though.

Dave_Johnson, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  3. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is probably just keywords. I am also top of a few categories although I don't dominate top 10 or 15 spots like that guy. And I have never built backlinks to any of my articles.

rolf, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  4. Zander Boon

Zander Boon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

OK I don't know what happened here. I've just gone back to check on keywords etc (which this guy doesn't go mad on), and suddenly, now I've made myself look dumb, SeoQuake and SiteExlporer are suddenly showing about 30-40 backlinks for each of this guy's articles.

So, I now feel a bit foolish, but I'm less depressed because I now know how he's done it:)

Computers, don't you just love 'em.

Zander

Zander Boon, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  5. Dexx

Dexx Peon

Best Answers:
    haha, don't beat yourself up, I'm sure there ARE people who manipulating ezine articles for better ranking somehow...

all systems / sites usually have those types :p

Dexx, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  6. ScoTech

ScoTech Peon

Best Answers:
    There is another technique I have heard of where you buy junk traffic (You know 10,000 clicks for a dollar kind of bullshit), and get lots of views for your article, and bump it up on the list. I have never tried it, it kind of very Grey hat, at best. Plus ezine might be wise to this scheme anyways.

ScoTech, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  7. yebel89@gmail.com

yebel89@gmail.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting idea. I assume as soon as EZA finds out though they will ban your account

yebel89@gmail.com, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  8. CTThompson

CTThompson Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Siteexplorer was probably just hicupping when you ran your search ;)

CTThompson, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  9. powfada

powfada Active Member

Best Answers:
    What you can do to get your articles ranking that high is to write other articles and submit them to other top article directories with a link back to your main article via your keywords.

You can also bookmark them and ping them to get more links.

powfada, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  10. Zander Boon

Zander Boon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's right - I've done that for some of my articles, and it does work. Until someone comes along with a competing article with 40-50 backlinks.

That's called competition I guess:(

Cheers
    Zander

Zander Boon, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  11. d60eba

d60eba Peon

Best Answers:
    Zander, you were looking at http://www.ezinearticles.com (with the www). He's linking to this articles without the www (http://ezinearticles.com), which is why the backlinks didn't show for you.

Cheers,

Leon

d60eba, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  12. Daved2006

Daved2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to go off the subject slightly how is the earth 4 energy thing going for you I was very close to promoting it but decided against it because I taught there was too much free info on the subjet ?

Daved2006, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  13. suchiarya

suchiarya Peon

Best Answers:
    I came here to check this post about 4/5 hours back and then went on to do some research.

Here is a bummer with more than 1.4 Million visits. What kind of SEO will be required to achieve this.

More than 1.4 Million Visits to An Ezine Article

Really hats off to this guy. I really do not know what kind of conversion such a thing will do but for traffic it is insane.

I was using my article submitter completely in a wrong way. Now I will try to make better use of it learning quite a lot from these great internet marketers.

suchiarya, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  14. Zander Boon

Zander Boon Peon

Best Answers:

Yes, I saw that article too. He's got SEVENTEEN THOUSAND, THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FIVE backlinks to it, according to Yahoo.

"I couldn't do that. Could you do that? How can THEY do that? WHO ARE THOSE GUYS" (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, for the benefit of the uneducated:))

Zander

Zander Boon, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  15. chrisnkay@sbcglobal.net

chrisnkay@sbcglobal.net Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard of submitting your articles to isnare using your bio box to display a link back to your ezine article. when you submit to isnare, your article gets sent out o hundreds of other article sites. Each of these other sites has a link to your original ezine artcle. You see where I am going with this???

It cost two dollars per article to submit to isnare. I have heard great things about it, but I have also heard of people having no luck.

Best of luck to you!

chrisnkay@sbcglobal.net, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  16. redrossero

redrossero Peon

Best Answers:
    He was an interesting watch really. I really don't know why he is put all his articles on one name. Last time when I checked he had more than 50 niches.

redrossero, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  17. powfada

powfada Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of using Isnare too but then I heard a lot of negative reviews about them. I am now looking into articlemarketer.com

powfada, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  18. chrisg

chrisg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm out of curiosity I just check that cell phone article for links and now it shows 0.

What is up with yahoo site explorer?

chrisg, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  19. mpak11

mpak11 Guest

Best Answers:
    I am not backlinking any of my articles in EZA but there was a time when 8 of my articles are in the most viewed, almost occupying all the top spots including no. 1....It has a lot to do with the title of your article to be in the most viewed...you get organic traffic because of your title....

mpak11, Sep 24, 2009 IP