1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Set Up A Blog And Start Earning From It?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by plutoegg, Mar 24, 2009.

I really want to set up a blog for free and start earning.

Can somebody please give me a bit of advice on how to set a blog up for free and earn?

Thanks DP members!

plutoegg, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  2. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are few simple ways you can follow and start earning...

For setting up blog:
    1. Open an account with free sites like blogger.com or wordpress.com
    2. choose a niche which you are good at and you like more to contribute than gain from it.

For earning:
    1. signup for adsense or CPA offers (CJ - Pepperjamnetwork etc)
    2. Place their links in your blogs
    Then... you are in for your earning right way...

at a pro-level - you can also do some seo for your blog just as submitting to link share sites - such as del.icio.us or stumble

Hope this suggestion helps you...

infogle, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  3. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    Go to Blogger or Wordpress setup an account make a blog add quality content... Signup with Adsense (if you aren't already) chances are that you might not get selected coz of new blogs still u may try joining in and add adsense on ur blogs ;)

Zerosleep, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  4. plutoegg

plutoegg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, cool, thanks for the advice guys. I was wondering... what is the best niche to go into?

plutoegg, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  5. customtollfree

customtollfree Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, should be something that your an expert of... but generally you can try credit cards, SEO, money matters, weight loss

customtollfree, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  6. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    There are so many good niches such as finance,technology,travel,health etc. but i suggest you to go with one on which you have at least few knowledge to share with others.

DON.

deluxdon, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  7. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Whoa..wait a minute ! First of all, you seem to think that having your own blog is a free way to make money without investing anything...nothing is further from the truth.

Blogging for dollars is a business, and if you are not willing to spend anything at all, you will get out of it what you put into it.

If it were that easy, everyone in the free world with internet access would be a successful blogger.

You can't just blog about anything, you should blog what you know. You can't just pick a subject that has a good paying adsense keyword, plop down some articles and start making money. Ask around...there are hundreds of bloggers right here on this forum that will tell you that is what they thought too.

What you need to ask yourself is, "What do I have to bring to the table ?" What expertise of passion do I have that I can write great content about ?" That is where you should be starting, not what pays good. What can I do, or write about that 10,000 other bloggers can't set up in 5 minutes ?

You can't capitalize on what pays good if you don't know anything about how to write it, or how to market it..

To be a successful blogger and make a living, you need to:
    1. Be a good content writer.
    2. Have knowledge, passion or expertise in a niche.
    3. Learn SEO
    4. Learn Internet Marketing.
    5. Be good at, learn how to make, or buy a good design.
    6. Understand Social Networking, and Bookmarking...not just plopping up links, I mean learn it.
    7. Learn how to run a business effectively and turn a profit.

It also helps to have an original idea, so you are just not one of thousands of free blogger blogs that get left unattended to , on default templates with some ads on it about the " same old, same old."

I am curious, why "Blog" ? Why not website?, landing page?, PPC marketing?, email marketing?, domaining? , or any other way to make money online ?

Is it because you can set one up with blogger for free and put ads on it? A good place to start for a noob, but I think you have the wrong idea what this is all about, how it is done, and how long it takes to see success.

hmansfield, Mar 24, 2009 IP
    deluxdon and dfourss like this.
  8. chrisnkay@sbcglobal.net

chrisnkay@sbcglobal.net Member

Best Answers:
    Start with something tat you know about and that you are interested in. You need quality posts, and you ned to post regularly. Submit your blog to social bookmarking sites. Ping your site every time you post (pingoat.com or pingomatic work really well...)

If you would not be interested in reading what you are blogging about, why will I?

Do keyword research.

Stop spending so much time in here, just go out and do it!

chrisnkay@sbcglobal.net, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  9. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One important thing:
    Blogging only drive money when u have decent visitors and update ur blog on regular base.

Jalpari, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  10. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The one which interests you, so that can provide users with useful information. Another important thing is to maintain patience as it can some good amount of time to see $$$$ coming in. Also, I'd suggest you to buy your own domain - for the branding purposes.

mixke, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  11. meisgood132

meisgood132 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a good website called http://howdoisetupablog.com it's pretty new but it's good some great video tutorials on how to set up a blog on Wordpress. Hope this helps.

meisgood132, Aug 18, 2011 IP