1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why & How JESUS CHRIST IS GOD. . .According to Scripture.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Nehemiah, Mar 18, 2009.

To understand Why and How JESUS CHRIST IS as much GOD as GOD IS GOD, you need to keep in mind the following:

1) ALL of GOD IS GOD; There is NO part of GOD that is Not GOD:

GOD [THE FATHER] IS GOD;​

[GOD THE FATHER]

GOD [THE WORD of GOD] IS GOD;

[GOD THE SON/JESUS CHRIST/THE SON of GOD/THE SON of MAN]

GOD [THE POWER of GOD] IS GOD.

[GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT/GHOST]

2) JESUS CHRIST IS GOD because before HE was/became JESUS CHRIST, we're told that, "In the beginning was THE WORD, and THE WORD was with GOD, and THE WORD was GOD. HE was in the beginning with GOD. All things were made through HIM, and without HIM nothing was made that was made. In HIM was life, and the life was the light of men. And THE WORD became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld HIS Glory, The Glory as of THE ONLY BEGOTTEN of THE FATHER, full of grace and truth. (John 1:1-4,14NKJV)"

Now look at that Same Scripture Thought by Thought:

"In the beginning was THE WORD,

and THE WORD was with GOD,

and THE WORD was GOD.

HE was in the beginning with GOD.

All things were made through HIM,

and without HIM nothing was made that was made.

In HIM was life,

and the life was the light of men.

And THE WORD became flesh and dwelt among us,

and we beheld HIS Glory,

The Glory as of THE ONLY BEGOTTEN of THE FATHER,

full of grace and truth.

(John 1:1-4,14NKJV)"​

JESUS CHRIST [THE WORD of GOD] IS GOD because HE Came/Comes from "The Bosom*" of [GOD] THE FATHER, rather than from the "Bowels**" of Man.

* See John 1:18
    ** See Genesis 15:4

Nehemiah, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  2. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Got anything that doesn't come from the bible?

SolutionX, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  3. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL yeah as soon as you stop having to qualify every argument you try to make with ". . .According to Scripture." people will start taking you seriously.

P.S. I just realized the reason your posts often seem like incoherent babble is because most of what is in scripture is written like that. Unfortunately that's what happens when any literary work that isn't based on fact tries to stand on it's own as a true document.

Without any tangible evidence to support it, all it has is it's own words. So it ends up just rambling on while overstating and restating things while making grand gestures and bold claims in order to self-reinforce it's own assertions.

GeorgeB., Mar 18, 2009 IP
  4. TheNoose

TheNoose Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you kidding me? They don't need to think for themselves! They've got a book of all the answers to all of life's questions: god diddit.

TheNoose, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  5. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you go to a Ford Owner's Manual to find out about Rolls-Royce?

You mistake me for someone who's going to fret as to whether you, personally (which is the only person, even a lying 'at/ag', can truthfully speak for), take me "seriously" or not?

Why are you (and the other two posters addressed in this post) so incapable of addressing the subject and issues of the post? Oh, that's right. . .now I remember; never mind!:rolleyes:

Who Assassinated Abraham Lincoln?

Nehemiah, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  6. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know this story :
    Once Jesus came to a city of Samaria, called Sychar. He was wearied from his journey and was sitting by a well. His disciples had gone into the city to buy food. A Samaritan Woman comes to draw water from that well. Jesus asked the woman to give him some water to drink. When Jesus informed the woman she was a widow and had five husbands, the surprised woman said to Jesus:
    "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet."

John :3
    "And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, The only true God and Jesus Christ whom Thou has sent

There is only one true God, and Jesus Christ was sent by the only True God.

So Jesus (pbuh) is a prophet not a God

ziya, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  7. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Here you go with your Buffet style interpretation of Scripture again. Okay, for the moment, I'm going to play your little game. But I have just one question:

WHO Else but JESUS CHRIST can offer Salvation???

Now, please don't beat around the bush with a lot of 'hemming' and 'hawing'; please just answer my question. Your credibility as well as your scholarship rest in the balance.

Nehemiah, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  8. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess your question is not valid right now. Because it is direct question and it is a matter of beliefe.

ziya, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  9. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But where in the Scripture does it say Jesus Christ is God?

ncz_nate, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  10. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    No the question is very very "valid". But you, being a muslim, and wanting to place JESUS CHRIST and the so-called prophet, Mo-ham-mad (of Islam) on equal levels, know that this is just not so.

You also probably know, or should know the Scripture that states, according to JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF, "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE; No one comes to THE FATHER, except through ME.". That would leave out "Mo-ham-mad", and anything else about Islam, that you're trying to sneak into THE GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST, now wouldn't it? In fact that would leave out anything and anybody else, wouldn't it?

Everybody, especially you, knows where the remains of "Mo-ham-mad" are located in Medina, huh?

But no one seems to be able to locate the remains of JESUS CHRIST. . .because ONLY HE RESURRECTED from the dead, right?

Just as it is written (speaking of JESUS CHRIST---ONLY!): "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other NAME under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)".

Now then, ONLY GOD can offer man-kind Salvation. Ergo JESUS CHRIST is not just THE SON of GOD, but HE IS GOD as Well.

11. TheNoose

TheNoose Peon

Best Answers:
    All I can say is: Touché :p

TheNoose, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  12. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm very glad you asked that question:

From the Old Testament:

Isaiah 7:14—“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel” ("Immanuel" literally means “God with us”).

Isaiah 9:6—“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, THE MIGHTY GOD, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end....”

Jeremiah 23:5-6—“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.” Christ’s name in Hebrew is YHWH Tsidkenu, Jehovah Our Righteousness.

Micah 5:2—“But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.” Christ has always existed because He is not a created being; He is God Almighty who has existed from everlasting.

Malachi 3:1-2—“Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts. But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap.” God’s temple is Christ’s temple. Christ comes as an all-powerful judge.

Psalm 45:1, 6-7—“I speak of the things which I have made touching the king.... Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee....” The Hebrew word translated “anointed” is the verb form of the noun “Messiah.”

Psalm 110:1-3—“The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power....” The LORD (Jehovah) will subdue all Christ’s enemies. Yet Christ’s rod and Christ’s power will subdue all enemies. Christ’s rule and power are clearly equal to God’s. See Psalm 2 where a similar theme is discussed: “Serve the LORD [Jehovah] with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way...” (vv. 11-12). Note how “the Son” is set poetically in parallel with “Jehovah.”

From the New Testament:

Matthew 1:23—“Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”

John 1:1-3, 14—“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”

“The late New Testament Greek scholar Colwell formulated a rule which clearly states that a definite predicate nominative (in this case theos meaning ‘God’) never takes an article when it precedes the verb (‘was’) as we find in John 1:1. It is therefore easy to see that no article is needed for theos (God), and to translate it ‘a god’ is both incorrect grammar and poor Greek, since theos is a predicate nominative of ‘was’ in the third sentence-clause of the verse and must refer back to the subject, ‘Word’ (logos). Christ, then, if He is the Word “made flesh” (Jn. 1:14), can be no one else except God, unless the Greek text, and consequently God’s Word, be denied.” [2]

John 1:18—“No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”

John 20:27-28—“Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.”

Romans 9:6—“Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen” (NKJV).

Philippians 2:5-8—“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”

“‘Who was in the form of God’ are his [the Apostle Paul’s] words: and they are words than which no others could be chosen which would more explicitly or with more directness assert the deity of...Jesus Christ.... Let us remember that the phraseology which Paul here employs was the popular usage of his day, though first given general vogue by the Aristotelian philosophy: and that it was accordingly the most natural language for strongly asserting the deity of Christ which could suggest itself to him.... ‘Form,’ in a word, is equivalent to our phrase ‘specific character.’... With God...the ‘form’ is that body of qualities which distinguish Him from all other spiritual beings, which constitute Him God, and without which He would not be God. What Paul asserts, then, when he says that Christ Jesus existed in the ‘form of God,’ is that He had all those characterizing qualities which make God God, the presence of which constitutes God, and in the absence of which God does not exist. He who is ‘in the form of God’ is God.” [3]

Colossians 1:15-16—“Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible....”

When the Apostle Paul says that Christ is the firstborn over all creation, he does not mean that Christ is the first created being. For he goes on to explain that Jesus Christ created everything in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible. Jesus Christ could not create Himself. The idea among various cults that Christ is the first created being is an impossible absurdity.

Colossians 2:8-10—“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power.”

1 Timothy 1:16-17—“Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.”

1 Timothy 2:3-4—“For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.”

1 Timothy 3:16—“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”

1 Timothy 6:14-16—“...the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.”

Titus 1:3—“But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour.”

Titus 2:10—“...showing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.”

Titus 2:13—“Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ” (NKJV).

Hebrews 1:1-3—“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.”

Hebrews 1:8—“But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”

Jude 25—“To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and for ever. Amen.”

From JESUS CHRIST, HIMSELF:

Revelation 21:6-7—“And he [Jesus Christ] said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.”

John 8:57-59—“Then the Jews said to Him, ‘You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?’ Jesus said to them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.’ Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple...” (NKJV).

John 5:17-26—“But Jesus answered them, ‘My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.’ Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. Then Jesus answered and said to them,... ‘For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.... For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself’” (NKJV).

John 10:28-39—“And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them,... If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand.”

Mark 2:5-11—“When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?... [Jesus] said unto them, But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house” (cf. Lk. 5:20-24).

13. farooqaaa

farooqaaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A Christian was trying to prove that "Jesus (PBUH) is God" to a person. Suddenly someone came and whispered to that person. The Christian asked "What did he say?". He said: "The angel Gabriel has just died!!!!".

The Christian, laughing, replied: "How can an intelligent person like you think that way? How can an angel die?".

And he replied: "If God can die why can't an angel die?"

........ How can God die?

farooqaaa, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  14. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ooh my friend... i see you gave up..and you seem to be tired.. That is why you want to change the discussion to islam and to Muhammed (pbuh) isntead of continue discussion. Not good for discussions

ziya, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  15. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahaha That's pretty funny. It actually took me a while to get it, but once I caught it I burst out laughing. :D

SolutionX, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  16. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    In much the same way as HE can/could/did become a MAN. Before JESUS CHRIST became JESUS CHRIST, HE was THE WORD of GOD (John 1:1-2);

When THE WORD of GOD became Man (John 1:14), HE took on all the Characteristic, Abilities, and Infirmities of Mankind. In other words, as MAN, JESUS CHRIST-GOD, could do anything that any Man could do. . .but HE IS Still GOD. Ergo, as MAN, HE could Die. . .for all Mankind. That is (one reason) why it is written: "For with God nothing shall be impossible. (Luke 1:37)"

What is there to give up? You couldn't answer my question:

(WHO Else but JESUS CHRIST can offer Salvation???)​

The "discussion" is still the same as the subject of this Thread. The fact that I noted that you're trying to infect THE GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST with Islamic beliefs and/or teachings, is only a part of this "discussion", because you, a muslim, has made it so.

If you're ever going to understand how and why JESUS CHRIST IS GOD (and MAN at the same time), you're going to have to check all those 'Islamic beliefs and/or teachings' at the door of this "discussion", or you will be called on them, they will be exposed, and revealed as the lies that they are. And you will be questioned, as I have already done; and shown, as you have already done, as someone not currently qualified to dispute THE Divinity of JESUS CHRIST.

JESUS CHRIST was born of a Virgin; do you know why?
    JESUS CHRIST has both the Legal right and the biological right to The Throne of David; do you know why?
    JESUS CHRIST is both GOD and MAN all at the same time; do you know why?
    JESUS CHRIST couldn't be held by death; do you know why?
    JESUS CHRIST had sin on HIM, but not in HIM; do you know why?
    JESUS CHRIST wasn't killed/murdered by anyone; do you know why?
    JESUS CHRIST asked a sick man, at the hospital (for 40 years), if he want to get well; do you know why?

Since you couldn't answer my first question, maybe you can answer one of those most recent (above).:D

17. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Jesus was born of a virgin . And there is no biological father of Jesus. Was biological father of Adam ? There were no mother for Adam . What about him ? Is he "Son of God" too ?

And I agree that he was not killed/murdered by anyone. No one could kill him or murder him As Jesus said,: they will (Jews) search him(Jesus) but they will never find him or arrest him...
    But do you really believ was he killed/murdered or not ? farooqaaa asked a question How can God die ? But you have not told him that He was not killed or died.
    If you say no one killed/murdered , then do you deny "crucification " ? Then who had died instead of Jesus ?

Maybe you understand /declare the word "to kill/murdered/to die" someother way. What happens if we die ? Do we really die or just we leave this world and join another world( lets call it souls world) ? And how do you understand how Jesus "died /murdered /killed" ?

Is Jesus good for you as a God ?(If you call him a God then I guess your reply will be yes , but I will prefer you to answer too )
    ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone."(From the NIV Bible, Mark 10:18)"

Also The Jews also believe this, in addition to the very first groups of Christianity such as the Ebonites, the Cerinthians, the Basilidians, the Capocratians, and the Hypisistarians. The Arians, Paulicians and Goths also accepted Jesus (pbuh) as a prophet of God. Like As a woman who were by the well, said to Jesus:
    "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet."

one note : You prefer to be called a "disciple" instead of Christian

ziya, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great now I have to explain concepts to the special kid again.... The point I made is that no one cares what point or subject you're trying to speak on if you have to pre-qualify it with "according to scripture" every single time....

All you're doing is regurgitating random jibberish and making bold unfounded statements that mean nothing except for within the context of your magical unicorn stories from your fantasy scripture (which often reads like dungeons and dragons fairytale nonsense).

If you really are someone who's not going to "fret" whether or not we take you seriously, then take this as your enlightenment. We don't.... There, now since you're not going to "fret" over that you can simply stop trying and it won't bother you at all ;)

GeorgeB., Mar 19, 2009 IP
  19. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ziya, just because Jesus was sent by god doesnt mean he isnt also god. There are so many places in scripture in which he says he is god. In the old aramiac jesus tells the crowd that before everything else was and only the father was , he was also. He specifically said "I AM" and in the language and culture of that time they fully understood what he meant by that and he wanted them to understand it. This is why the parasees and many in the crowd started to conspire against him. Its not even worth it to bring it up in scripture because its all over in the new testament. His coming was also foretold in the old testament when Isiah told of his coming " the messiah, the ever lasting father, the prince of peace" Here Isiah says that jesus is a prince (the son) and a king (the father). Father and son being the same.

Islam doesnt believe this, but i say to each their own. Its senseless to argue this between religions because each one believes something different, but to say that jesus never called himself god means you never fully read the bible:).

pingpong123, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  20. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I think sometimes in the Bible he called himself God, and in other parts he denied it. It probably also depends on what translation you're reading, and what concordance you read.

Either way, if you don't really believe in The Bible, Jesus ends up coming across more like a person with a serious mental health problem, just like how Christians always accuse all the other "prophets" of being, with such snide laughter, but if it's about their "prophet" it's blasphemy and not funny anymore.

You can't really see how ridiculous it is though until you lose that fear of going to hell for blasphemy and learn how to lighten up. That's partly why I'm starting to think that religion is one of the major causes of stress, mental illness, and paranoia.

SolutionX, Mar 19, 2009 IP