1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Most Internet Marketing Gurus Online Are Scammer

Discussion in 'General Business' started by yinghang1, Mar 14, 2009.

1. wrankin

wrankin Peon

Best Answers:
    Top internet marketers do offer something and back there products, they do make money. You just have to be careful. You can also learn free on the net on anything they teach, there prices are way to high. Do your homework before you pull out that credit card.

wrankin, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  2. poshswinger

poshswinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    May I know the name of that guru?
    You should ask the members here in DP to see whether there are review for this software. In this case, it is safer for you.

poshswinger, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  3. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The people here who defend the marketers have a gap in their logical reasoning; sure selling a moneymaking product makes money for the seller, but if it says it makes easy money (as most do) and scalable (meaning if you do it 1000 times it'll still work), there is no chance it does work. Why? Simple logic; IF it would work, the marketer would be one of the richest people on earth. He/her would simply copy the same method a million times, hiring employees to do the work. So this is proof that it won't work, because indeed selling it would be idiotic. Ok, so if it does work but is not scalable (meaning it cannot be repeated too often); in that case the marketer already used the method to make money and it is broken by now. It *did* make money but won't work any more.

Both the above account for most ebooks by 'gurus'.

Then you have another group ; trivial methods. Everyone *knows* those techniques already like how to install SEO in WP and that you have to write 'good content' to make money with a blog etc.

While I wouldn't call these guys scammers, I would say almost none of the 'techniques' work at all. Even if you do take action. Because logic suggests the impossibility of them working I wouldn't have to buy/read any, but still I did out of interest.

You can read about these kind of products and the validity of them on forums like http://viralnetworks.com/view/dYoJC btw.

Kwaku, Mar 19, 2009 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I not agree most of them are scammer. What i will say is 50%-50%
    The software or SEO service provided actually have their limitation, that's why i prefer to do SEO by myself.

lifeplayer, Mar 19, 2009 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  5. lakezilla

lakezilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately there are scammers out there. But there is good information out there too. Do your homework and look up to see how long they've been here and their reputation. I doubt someone who has already spent time and work building a good reputation will risk it on a quick buck!

lakezilla, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  6. iglow

iglow Peon

Best Answers:
    alot is scam but there are some good ones. just need to find them and read reviews

iglow, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  7. xcci

xcci Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think every marketer is a scammer. I've seen a couple who truly and genuinely teach you how to make money online and really care for their customers. Lee Mcintyre for example. But it is true that there are tons of scams online, so be wary! Most people keep their best methods secret. I mean it simply doesn't make sense to sell your most profitable secrets and risk getting more competition.

xcci, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  8. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not few who are shady, it's the overwhelming majority.

You hear the argument because you're likely at the receiving end of it ;) And it's a perfectly valid argument.

If you can make more money selling a secret than keeping it - the "secret" is not worth very much. Would the conmen care to explain to their victims that the "secret" makes such little money that the author is more productively selling it than employing it? Oh, I forget, honesty is not their top virtue. True that $9.99 multipled several times can work out to a fair bit but it's a lot of work to ramp up the customers. It involves fine tuning your sales letter, split testing different copy, managing a subscription database, tweaking PPC campaigns, handling customer service... and much more. A full time job for most of these marketers. If the author makes more money doing all that than practising his secret then that's highly suspicious.

If it's a good product, it works. If it works people will use it. The assumption that most people are idiots and don't want to make money is not valid. Marketers don't create competition for themselves because the quacks got their information product together by scouring the internet and putting together rehashed versions of "secrets" they've read about elsewhere. I had someone draw me up an article on making money online. He was a complete internet novice. He spent a day reading up on the topic and put together a killer article that could pass for one written by an expert who has spent all his life earning money online.

Any idiot can do that. That's why marketers are relying more and more on creating an image for themselves first. They pump themselves up, make themselves very visible, make themselves look very credible.

You've broken one golden rule of Internet Marketers - don't give people a good reason to not buy the product ;) Yes, if they're keeping the big secrets to themselves then they're trying not to create competition. Conclusion: They're passing off worthless information with big promises.

Merkersarl, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  9. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    It is, actually. People don't like to do stuff that requires work and discipline. If they did, heart disease and obesity wouldn't be so prevalent today. It's not that people don't know what to do to be fit. They just don't do it. Same with internet marketing. People buy product after product. They play around with it. Then when it doesn't make them rich by next week, they move on to the next product.

In reality, if they'd just FOLLOWED THROUGH, they'd be seeing results. I never said people "don't want to make money". I am saying that few people have the willingess to put a plan together and see it through to completion.

P.S. I also never called people "idiots". That was your choice of words.:)

Hagen, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  10. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    I put out a course on copywriting that's supposed to teach you how to write copy that sells. You buy the product, implement the information in it, and you're now able to write copy that sells. It did what it said on the tin.

Meanwhile, what I DIDN'T choose to include in the product is my unique system for finding ultra high-paying copywriting clients and how to get them to hire you. It's something I chose to keep to myself.

Was my copywriting course then "worthless information" because I didn't tell you everything I know about copywriting?

Btw, I'm not trying to defend "internet marketing gurus". Some of them put out junk and some put out stuff that works. I only responded because I think the work "scam" is thrown around entirely too losely online, especially when there are enough GENUINE scammers and rip-off artists out there. You as the purchaser have to do your own due diligence before you buy anything.

Have a nice night.

Hagen, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  11. xcraft

xcraft Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah unfortunately mosted over hyped marketing.

I got a business that make real good money.
    And wrote my own cloaking program because i found that exsisting software was(and still is) crap to manage many domains etc
    program turned out so good, so i decide to market it, and found some one that already had another marketing program, and ask him to sell it and give support.
    I soon found out that almost everything was Bullshit,over hyped, creating fake users on forum, to promote the programs.
    I ended up with beginner IM that even could configure there DNS and my program is for very advanced and experienced marketeers.

On the other hand i also found out who are the poeple buying all that overhyped crap!
    People that are looking to make a fortune in a day!

I got so deception that i quite totaly marketing the product :-(
    I just use it for my own shops.

xcraft, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  12. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hagen doth protest too much ;)

I'll accept that if you advertise a course on copywriting and deliver a course on copywriting then you're a jolly good chap. But what does that have to do with the price of fish or the "Make Money Online" scamsters (otherwise known by the euphemism of Internet Marketers)?

There are millions of people without heart disease and obesity. Internet marketers aren't safe from competition because of inherent laziness of the populace - that presupposes everybody is a lazy slob and nobody implements what they are taught - the snakeoil salesmen are safe from competition because a) they're likely not making money using the method or b) the method doesn't work.

Merkersarl, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  13. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use common sense before buy any product. A lot money makers gurus with fake product. I think learning is the best way to make money online.

blog8491, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  14. Sagar Mehta

Sagar Mehta Peon

Best Answers:
    Not everyone wants to scale his/her method. Do you actually think someone use the same method "a million" times. Heck, if my income from a AdSense site was $30 a month, I'd be bored after I've setup 100-200 sites. I'd like to do something new!

As for hiring employees, can you see the logistical and management problems it could lead to when you hire many employees. What if someone doesn't want to work with others? I, for one, like to work with people on a one-off basis. They do some project, I pay them - relationship over. I am not comfortable with paying them month after month. That's how I choose to do my business :)

I don't think I have a problem with that conclusion. But I disagree if it is taken to mean that ALL internet marketers are like that.

IMers is like any other group of people, a couple of winners or really good people, and a whole bunch of losers and scam artists. But isn't that true for every aspect of life?

IMHO, sentences like "majority of them scammers" are worthless because they put you in a negative mindset which won't affect those 'scammers' but WILL affect your business and your life in general.

Being ware of scammers and thinking of everyone as a scammer are two different things.

Sagar

Sagar Mehta, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  15. countolaf

countolaf Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think there are tons of factors...

Maybe:
    1. the guru is really a scammer
    2. the one who bought the product is too fool to understand stuffs (or lacks dedication)
    3. and many more...

countolaf, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  16. sarah_harvey

sarah_harvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I would not say that all guru's are scammers. However, some pray on the fact that most people are looking for a quick solution to their money problems and therefore it is really easy to offer them their "dreams" and make money off it. Often it is the case that we want to believe in something so much we buy it. Personally the only things I have ever invested money in, is some content, a few ebooks, and the majority is scripts, software and minisites that I can use.

Problem is, there are tons of scripts and software in the internet marketing scene that just doesn't work as advertised. It's sad but true.

As an example... a lot of people know the software products SEO Elite and the others from the same guy...

Well I know for a fact that some of the 'functions' in the software doesn't work. It just brings up an error or it doesn't do anything at all. There was another piece of software made by the same guy, or should I say, outsourced by the same guy and it just doesn't do much at all. Now for something that costs that much money, it is questionable. Granted paying just over $40 isn't that much, but to some people it is.

sarah_harvey, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  17. DiscussNow

DiscussNow Peon

Best Answers:
    At the same time your logic is flawed. Many niches/methods/etc have a cap on the amount of money you can make, and the restrictions causing this are limitless. So, if you can only make 100$ a day maximum off of something then in some instances it may be profitable to sell off the idea to others.

The above is not dismissing the obvious fact that the majority of the e-books on dp are ineffective.

DiscussNow, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  18. Nathan B

Nathan B Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't stand people that claim they are IM Guru's, I have might a few people like that in real-life. You can tell they're lying when they claim how much they make at very high amounts, and there selling you something for $10 saying you can make $5,000+...

Nathan B, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  19. softwaretrade

softwaretrade Peon

Best Answers:
    People usually just get frustrated when money doesn't come rolling in and call people scammers

softwaretrade, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  20. Kierenm

Kierenm Peon

Best Answers:
    Well dude, no, most IM guru's aren't scammers who make no money - real guru's know better than to "scam" and give poor cust service etc. The people ur talking about are just scumbags who either scam visitors and make no money, or scam new customers and make some money for a short while, until there ethics tear them down.

Anyway, forget these people and focus on the guys who do provide a lot of valuable help online and you'll get somewhere (with the right attitude & persistence).

Cheers,
    -Kieren

Kierenm, Mar 22, 2009 IP