1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

An Example of TRUE Christianity!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by SolutionX, Mar 18, 2009.

I have a friend/mentor irl who I've known for about 15 years, and I just told him that I can't really believe anymore that Jesus was God because I just don't have any reason to logically believe anything in the bible over any other "holy" text. I explained that I still believe there is a God because I've seen too many amazingly beautiful and statistically improbable things, and the mere fact that I have a consciousness is amazing enough. And also because of the "first cause" argument for the existence of a God. But that I don't believe any of the "holy" texts over any of the others, and that I don't believe that anyone is going to hell, and that God should understand why I can't believe.

He told me that I'm going to hell and that he's never talking to me again because I'm going to take him to hell with me. I think he tried to accuse me of several other things in the rant as well.

How's that for Christian love. :rolleyes::(

SolutionX, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  2. TheNoose

TheNoose Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a sad story to hear. It's tough to lose someone close over something like that. Good for you for stating your own beliefs and thinking them through. Much respect.

TheNoose, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  3. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i think and believe that all people will go to heaven eventually, god just dip us in the fire of hell for a second or maybe less.
    even for atheist people, even for hitler, even for bush :D

that a second for god the same with 10000 years for us. :D

bfebrian, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  4. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Surely you're better off now you know where you stand. Can't believe that's TRUE Christianity. How could God love that?

Bushranger, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  5. Danielregwan

Danielregwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just like you i believe in god but not in religion, god won't send people to hell
    simply because god can understand your heart and your motive for every action in your life. he does not hate and he does not curse if you have a hard time he can listen, for the creator is like a father to us all.

if god wanted you to pray all day long then life is meaningless and seriously do you really think god need your prayers when he can see right through you?, i truly believe in my heart that god brought us here for ourselves. we will never understand the purpose behind life, but here we are conscious in this world without instructions from god and the reason is simple, we are already doing what we are meant to do - living our lives.

and one more thing, god is just a word - what is god ? god can be an alien civilization billions of years ahead of us that run this entire universe just like SIMS on a computer, thank about it. :D

Danielregwan, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  6. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Much respect to you. It is precisely this type of Christian love that I realized how far from God most of Christianity was, that they would alienate people like this simply because you don't believe the same things they do. They do not realize, through all of their bible study, that Jesus did the exact opposite.

I've been alienated myself, in a smaller way, by some parts of my family. They're so wrapped up in dogma, they don't know what love is - the whole purpose of dogma.

I feel bad for these archaic, barbaric type Christians.. someday they'll feel the pain they've caused, or were a part of. We're moving out of the dark ages I think, we don't have time for any more of this/their hateful nonsense.

ncz_nate, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  7. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone. I really didn't think it was going to be this hard once I accepted what I've been struggling with for a couple of years. It was only when I realized I was no longer afraid of hell that I realized I had only been believing out of fear of hell. But now I feel sorry/sad for my friend and kind of scared about my other relationships, and I think I'm honestly going to need some therapy.

It really helps knowing that there are other people out there who aren't blind though. I think that's a form of intellectual bravery (to not let yourself go blind even though it hurts). I think maybe Nate is right and we are just now moving out of the dark ages. Now days there are still crusaders though. They don't threaten with steel much anymore, but with mental abuse every second.

Regards.

SolutionX, Mar 19, 2009 IP