1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Something New about Obama

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Mar 16, 2009.

This is something that's been floating around, and I wanted to post it here because it's going to break withing the next two months.

Whenever Candidate Obama would speak WITHOUT a teleprompter, he would pause by saying "ah" and "um". The reason for those pauses is that he was listening to a radio-controlled "bug speaker" in his ear, and David Axelrod was pulling Obama's strings by feeding him lines - telling Obama what to say. The "um - ah" pauses occurred when Obama was obediently listening to his instructions as to what to say.

This came out in Boston, where some time ago Governor Deval Patrick, another David Axelrod candidate, was outed for doing the same thing.

Corwin, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  2. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Most people use "ah" and "um" when speaking without notes. That's the space where people are you know ... THINKING... about what to say next.

The whole thing of going after Obama for saying "uh" is ludicrous and it shows how little the right wingers have on the man. "uh" and birth certificates. Man! Good stuff! The left certainly didn't have to reach like this when looking for issues with Dubya.

Zibblu, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  3. act_one

act_one Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    act_one, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  4. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah right buddy... :rolleyes:

micksss, Mar 16, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  5. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't that a part of the point that Corwin is making? Without a Teleprompter President Obama is at a severe loss for words :)confused:I believe its because he fears making a bigger Biden than even Biden makes when he make a Biden:D).

But nonetheless, the man who gives certain other men "tingly feelings" running up their legs when he speaks, is really beginning to show himself, for all to see. . .slowly but surely for some. . .the most inept, inexperienced and unqualified person to ever serve as President of The United States.

But here's a question for you: When the story breaks, will you come back and acknowledge that Corwin was correct?

Nehemiah, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  6. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you ever taken a class in public speaking or business communications? They teach you never to use "ah" and "um" when speaking. It's enough to get you a failing grade, because it really does make the speaker come across as indecisive.

You should get yourself a copy of "Guide to Managerial Communications - Effective Business Writing and Speaking" by Mary Munter. It's expensive, but it's used in many college classes.

Corwin, Mar 17, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  7. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    {sarcasm=on}
    Wow... boy.. what a stunning comeback.:rolleyes:

I haven't seen a comeback like that since:confused:.... oh, I really have to think back to high school.
    {sarcasm=off}

Corwin, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Corwin, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  9. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, were you living under a rock for the last 8 years or were you living under a rock for the last 8 years?

That was pretty much the ONLY thing the left used on GWB besides his war blunder. "Why do you hate Bush" .. "Uh.. he's stupid!"

"Why's he's stupid, how do you know that?" .. "Just listen to him speak he sounds like an idiot!"

It's the same thing Zibblu.

ncz_nate, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  10. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    You guys got nothing. It's actually kind of sad :(

I'm sure at some point there will be something real for you guys to go after Obama with. Don't get me wrong, the dude is not a saint. I'm sure there will be some kind of real controversy at some point during his 8 years but ... so far it's like night and day. Obama is truly the FDR to Bush's Hoover.

I think it's rather fitting as FDR actually got some of the same sort of attacks as Obama is getting for being more of a speech maker and not being able to speak as eloquently when he is not making speeches. But when it comes down to it, so what?

The nation shrugs.

Zibblu, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  11. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    I guess you'd rather talk to yourself than respond to criticism. Is your Messiah's narcissism rubbing off on you, pal?

ncz_nate, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you hear the latest? Obama, who always does what the teleprompter tells him to, didn't realize there was a teleprompter screwup and thanked himself.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...ring_Address_With_Irish_PM_On_St_Patricks_Day
    (holy geez, what a URL)

Here's an excerpt:
    Mr Obama is an accomplished orator but is becoming known in America as the "teleprompt president" over his reliance on the machine when he gives a speech

Google "obama thanks himself" for more.

Corwin, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  13. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't you realize how weak all of this nitpicking sounds after what we've just dealt with over the last 8 years? Going after Obama for reading speeches off a teleprompter (something all politicians do) and for saying "uh" (I think I'll take some "uhs" over the mangling of the English language George W. Bush gave us) is just ... WEAK. Total weak sauce. Come back when you've got something good.

Zibblu, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  14. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    So exactly what change is Obama bringing to Washington if he's simply doing what all politicians do? Zibblu can you tell me what exactly separates Obama from the rest of politicians?

ncz_nate, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  15. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I'd say the biggest change is actually what you would call very superficial and that is in how he talks to the American people and how he carries himself. We have a real intelligent leader again and that gives people confidence. That is important. FDR's charisma was vital in the 1930s and Obama's charisma is vital today.

But if it was just that then I would understand your complaint. Luckily it is not. Obama has already made many important changes from the Bush admin's approach. Probably most importantly with their stimulus approach. Rather than just more tax cuts for the rich, he created a real stimulus plan that will really help the country (and I believe is already helping.)

Another important thing is that Obama is putting intelligent people into positions of power. There will no longer be any "heckuva job Brownies" in positions of power.

He is also winding down the Iraq war that certainly John McCain would have continued to build up.

He has reversed the ban on funding stem cell research.

He is going to go full steam ahead with health care reform.

These are all things that McCain would not have done. Obama is doing the job he was elected to do. And he is doing it very well.

Zibblu, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  16. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Zibblu, you just make things up with a frantic regularity, don't you?

So, WHAT Obama does is less important than HOW he does it, hmmm???

Obama has made NO important changes from Bush's approach. As a matter of fact, the Obama administration has gone to court to re-instate warrantless wiretapping, and 2 weeks ago quietly petitioned for the use of torture on prisoners.

WHAT tax cuts for the rich? Bush's 2003 budget lowered taxes on the middle class. I've examined the bill myself and I cannot find any language that gave tax cuts to the rich.

And as far as the stimulus bill, the "stimulus" will increase government payrolls by 125,000 people. It's proven that you stimulate the economy with military spending because all the money goes to American businesses and the effect is immediate. But there is no military spending in the stimulus bill because the Democrats would rather play partisan politics than help the economy.

And thanks to the massive spending on these stimulus bills the effect is already being felt in the economy - the GAO reported this week that inflation is rising.

You obviously haven't taken a heckuva look at Obama's cabinet.

WRONG! COMPLETELY WRONG!

Obama EXTENDED the stay of U.S. troops in Iraq, and he plans to keep more than 50,000 troops in Iraq indefinitely.

It is wrong and presumptive for you to assume what McCain would have done. your speculation about what McCain would have done is little more than lying.

Zibblu, honestly, do you ever get tired to being wrong so often?

"Liberals Hate Facts"

Corwin, Mar 20, 2009 IP
    tbarr60 likes this.
  17. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Obama can part the seas while he picks his nose.

I don't understand why we didn't just elect Chuck Norris.

ncz_nate, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  18. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    The idea that military spending is a good way to improve the economy is insane. We need to lower military spending. Spending money on a bunch of stuff that nobody needs is not a good thing. Obama wants to invest in the future.

Zibblu, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  19. jesi

jesi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not an authentic law if any one stopped or pause for a while using "ah" and "um" sounds during speech.

jesi, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  20. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The US military had declined so much in the Carter years that Military deaths due to accidents in the late 70's/early 80's where higher than battlefield losses in Iraq.

I think that giving billions of dollars to people can pay their mortgages on private homes is insane. But that's just me. ;)

bogart, Mar 22, 2009 IP