1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

where to register .ly domain.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by justinlorder, Mar 5, 2009.

I happen to know .ly domain is available .
    I would like to check if there are some dictionary domains .
    But the first question is where can one registe .ly domains .

justinlorder, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  2. ob1100

ob1100 Peon

Best Answers:
    go to http://nic.ly/

ob1100, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  3. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    or.ly would be interesting :D

Pixelrage, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  4. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to know If they are reputable company .

justinlorder, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Just saw this thread...there are only just over 4,000 ".ly" domains registered, so I'll be there are some really good ones available, but damn....Libya ?
    I don't know if I trust registering a domain from Libya. Do they even like western countries ?

hmansfield, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  6. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    As I know, many small countries have grant authorization some reputable companies to manage their domain affairs , including registration .
    I don't prefer such domain extension . I want to pick up some domains of dictionary words from it .

justinlorder, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  7. alweb

alweb Banned

Best Answers:
  8. mr.sami

mr.sami Peon

Best Answers:
    Libya for 10 years was under embargo which is now over, the thing made it for years almost disconnected form the rest of the world. Internet was launched officially in the country almost 1998. Months ago WiMAX has been launched in Tripoli the capital city, few days ago Libya MAX was launched in more 6 cities.

.LY Libya domain name is managed by nic.ly part of GPTC company; a publically held company owns and regulates all the telecom sector in Libya.

Libya Telecom and Technology Co. (LTT is the main ISP) is another company owned by GPTC; this company running the .LY domain on behalf of NICly ---> www.ltt.ly

There are now very few authorised resellers of .LY in Libya, Digital Group for Telecom and Information is one of the best; it is a privately held company founded in 1999 and works in computer-based services and telecom solutions.

Digital Group for Telecom and Information used to sell .LY domains locally and now they have just started to sell internationally, although payment online is not available yet (but it will be very soon) payment can be made by bank transfer.

The prices and available hosting packages can be founded here
    http://www.digitalfcs.net/webservices.html

For how to register a .LY domain name via Digital Group for Telecom and Information try this link
    http://www.digitalfcs.net/how_to_register_domain_name.html

A link for NIC regulation of registering a .LY domain name is available on the previous page.

If you might be in need for more information I can be kind of helpful in this matter :)

mr.sami, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  9. Adam.M

Adam.M Peon

Best Answers:
    I registered a couple of .ly domains from "https://reg.ly" they are an accredited registrar and the tech support is good.

Adam.M, Oct 5, 2021 IP