1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing Experiment

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Zibblu, Feb 16, 2009.

1. dylan_jones

dylan_jones Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats the quality of the sites like with AMA recently ive noticed the blogs in the system seem to be quite poor

dylan_jones, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  2. golb12

golb12 Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread was really helpful and i recently start using AMA.

Thanks alot for the information, i was wondering if you had anything to say about how you use AMA?

How much do you rewrite the article, and do you alternate link text?

golb12, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  3. rparker

rparker Peon

Best Answers:
    This is great. I just started using UAW, lets see how well this thing works ;)

cheers.

rparker, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I try to rewrite it to the point where the thing says it's 100% rewritten. I try to rewrite at least some part of every paragraph but I usually concentrate the most on the first and the last paragraph.

And I definitely spin the hell out of my links. I spin both the anchor text and the links themselves. I think that's important to make the links look more natural. Plus it lets me get links to a lot of different pages with just one article.

Sure it's a bit more work but I think it leverages the power of AMA a lot more.

I actually think they are pretty good for this type of service. You should definitely not expect top quality sites using any sort of system like this. It's more the quantity then the quality. But that being said, the links seem to have more juice to them than those I get using other similar services.

Zibblu, Mar 16, 2009 IP
    golb12 likes this.
  5. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent thread which I have read with interest. One small thing - what do you mean by ping?

jj1, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  6. golb12

golb12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot, rep added.

golb12, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Latest Update On Backlinks (According To Yahoo Site Explorer)

(these numbers are not counting the internal Squidoo.com links)

#1 Article Marketing Automation: 26
    #2 Unique Article Wizard: 24
    #3 Submit Your Article: 2 (finally another one showed up!)
    #4 EZA: 1

---

As you can see AMA has moved into the lead, UAW has actually lost some links from my last update.

Zibblu, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  8. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting read, and since it looks like AMA is the probable winner, I have a few questions about it.

$47 can be a bit much for some people, but this definitely seems like it could be worth it. I would be worried that if I did it for a few months and than canceled for any reason, would all my articles disappear? Do I have to continue to pay to keep the articles up?

Also, can you opt out of the article spin part and submit your own written articles? Maybe i'm just too paranoid about the spinning part, but I almost wretch when I read horribly spun articles online

tyler_durden, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  9. grayth

grayth Peon

Best Answers:
    very interesting thread...tyler makes some nice points. for the time actually for myself that it takes to rewrite a unique article is almost worth just hand submitting but that's my personal opinion, and at least that way I know the articles stick and wont disappear if I cancel the service..

I'm surprised that your serps are slow especially if you said there are only 11,000 competing sites, unless I read that wrong..geez 1 or two backlinks alone with that kind of result should net you on the front page.

grayth, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  10. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    There's no concern about your articles being removed if you leave the system because the system only submits articles to real website owners, once they are approved they will not be removed.

You don't *have* to spin your articles but it's likely that you will not get nearly as many accepted by website owners if you do not. Website owners want unique content for their websites so most will only publish articles that are spun.

The AMA spinning system does not create the kind of unreadable articles you are talking about (I've seen those too.) The articles are entirely readable if you get good at spinning using this system. You just have to make sure that the same basic meaning is there when you spin a sentence. There's no automatic word replacement (that's what causes those unreadable articles.)

---

AMA is still in the lead both as far as SERPS and backlinks (there's now 30 in Yahoo Site Explorer.)

Zibblu, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  11. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Update: Article Marketing Automation has pulled out to a huge lead.

Current back links (not counting internal links from Squidoo.com)

AMA: 85
    UAW: 34
    SYA: 5
    EZA: 1

I've actually decided to cancel my SYA membership because of this test. It just feels like a waste of time/money in comparison to using AMA & UAW. But I do plan on keeping the UAW account open as I don't think it's a good idea to rely on just one source for backlinks. EZA isn't really for backlinks, it's just there for comparison's sake. I use EZA more like a landing page (since EZA pages can rank so well in the search engines.)

I am considering some sort of replacement for SYA, maybe ISnare which I've used in the past with decent results.. Any other article marketing submission services I should check out? I want to vary my backlink profile by using a number of different services but at the same time I don't want to waste my time with a service that is largely ineffective.

---

I'm planning on doing a second test, this one between AMA, UAW, and some third (yet undecided) article submission service. This second test will actually link to an EZA article instead of Squidoo. I find Squidoo to have pretty crap results actually - I know some people are successful with it, but I have a lot more success getting EZA articles to rank.

Zibblu, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  12. Adamwestrop

Adamwestrop Active Member

Best Answers:
    Zibblu, I have heard lots of other people say good things about AMA too.

Question though, what are your backlinks like in Webmaster Tools in Google?

Did you just submit the one article to AMA or what?

Adamwestrop, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  13. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't normally use Webmaster Tools in Google, but I'll try to check on that...

And yes that's from just one article.

Zibblu, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  14. WebsitePlex

WebsitePlex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will be interesting to see the outcome. I love these experiments.

WebsitePlex, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  15. trosquin

trosquin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I signed up for AMA and have gotten a few backlinks already....I am excited at tweaking this my way to see what i can obtain....keeep us posted

trosquin, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  16. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm going to be doing a second test with AMA & UAW along with probably ISnare and maybe Article Marketer (I'm not a member yet there.)

This time I'm going to link to an EZA article (a different one for each) for my test instead of Squidoo.

Zibblu, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  17. IBuildLinks4You

IBuildLinks4You Banned

Best Answers:
    How are you tracking backlinks ?

IBuildLinks4You, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  18. jamaican

jamaican Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm beginner and i want use article marketing.
    thx for sharing..

jamaican, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  19. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Site Explorer. I like using that - it's simple to use and they pick up on the back links quickly. I always discount any internal links so that I'm only seeing the links I'm building.

---

Right now I'm working on getting a second test up and running. I just submitted four EZineArticles which are going to be my landing pages for this test. They are all focused on the same main keyword but they also each have their own secondary keyword target (which I figure they are far more likely to be able to rank for.)

I'm going to be using Article Marketing Automation (the winner of the first battle by a wide margin), Unique Article Wizard, Article Marketer (I just signed up with it today), and ISnare (I've still got some credits left with it although I haven't been using it much for awhile.)

I closed my Submit Your Article account due to the results of my first test (and overall not being able to find enough evidence of back links using the service.)

It'll take a few days to get my EZAs approved and then it'll take a few more days after that to start seeing the backlinks so I'll probably be updating this thread in a week or so with my initial results.

I'm also keeping my first test "pure" (ie I'm not building links to those Squidoo pages with any other means) so I can go back and look at the long term results with that in the future.

Zibblu, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  20. marketinggallery

marketinggallery Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some really good article marketing tips in here, thanks!

marketinggallery, Apr 28, 2009 IP