1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Most Internet Marketing Gurus Online Are Scammer

Discussion in 'General Business' started by yinghang1, Mar 14, 2009.

i did some huge digging and found out that most real Internet Marketing Gurus never even make money online. I recently bought a web software from a quite famous guru but his software doesn't even works and when I asked for a refund, he don't even reply my email. Aren't them just scammers?

yinghang1, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  2. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    have you checked that are you doing right with the software - i mean the way it is stated in the guide about working of software... have you tried on some other computer

Contact with the error and tell the seller to solve this error... it would be nice if you write the name of guru ;)

hope it helps...

infogle, Mar 14, 2009 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  3. yinghang1

yinghang1 Member

Best Answers:
    The software don't works at all and everybody is complaining about this product.

yinghang1, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  4. icpathi

icpathi Peon

Best Answers:
    So you did research about the product after purchase? Do it before purchase here after.

And most of the marketing gurus ARE making money. But you know, when they teach it to others, it can't be implemented by everyone and most of the times, when the techniques gets saturated, the profit also gets saturated and becomes nill one day.

But even after that day, Guru's will still be making money with that technique... by righting eBooks about it :D

icpathi, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  5. modulecart

modulecart Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have read the disclaimers they announce before the purchase... when you say it did not work.... the components did not function as it was announced or... it did not make you money as intended... although your statement is somewhat true that "NOT" all marketing gurus rell makes money at all.. I wouldnt still discredit those who does... Most marketing tool works as intended but it still depends on how you use it and your current situation...

modulecart, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  6. animatedmarketing

animatedmarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Most are scammers? And you say this because you can't figure out one piece of software that you purchased? How about you buy most of the software or eBooks out there. Then give us your opinion on 'most' marketers. I'll give you that there are scammers out there, yes. But you say that other people are having problems with the same software.

If you look up an internet marketing course, ebook, software: before you buy it, google it and go through at least 5 pages of results to find out what other people are saying. Keep in mind you will come across some 'fake' review sites. But you will find people who are being honest about the product. Then you won't have to waste your money.

animatedmarketing, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  7. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't buy shits. I never bought any ebook, not even a popular one. Why you should lose money while you can easily learn for free. There are lots of tricks to do this.

wokaka, Mar 15, 2009 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  8. pokerface

pokerface Peon

Best Answers:
    They always reveal the real method to people. The problem is that the people refuse to take massive action on it.

pokerface, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  9. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, it appears that most of them are successful at giving the impression that they are making money. I believe that most of them are cons. Before buying into a program or book it makes sense to be sceptical.

1. Don't believe the references. They are usually faked. C'mon, how many customers really write in to say how fantastic the program is? And when people do write in they tend not to include photographs!

2. Don't believe the hype in the sales letter. Do a copyscape on it and you may find the key sections have been lifted from other sales letters. In some cases it doesn't make a material difference; in other cases it does. A common claim for two different products of exactly $107,341.98 in profit is unlikely.

3. Ask yourself this: If someone is making so much money doing currency trading/site flipping/xyz wouldn't he be making more money doing that than running a program showing others how to make money?

4. Research the author/seller/claimed expert. Check him out on places like linkedin. I don't know if this page is useful but there's no harm running checks on his domain name, for example. Privacy registrations, recent change in domain ownership etc may be warning signs.

5. If someone's method is as successful as he claims why is he giving away his secrets for $19.95 to people who are going to compete with him?

6. If you detect a single lie or deception - walk away. For example, sales letters often give you a special offer if you take an immediate decision. This offer is valid only till dd/mm/yyyy so ACT NOW. Have a look at his source code. Is that offer hard coded or is it javascript that just posts today's date? If it's a script why would you trust anything else he says?

Here are some of the other tricks they use.

Merkersarl, Mar 16, 2009 IP
    MunnaMobile, Scoty and kmofo like this.
  10. UnderWearKing

UnderWearKing Peon

Best Answers:
    Could not agree with you more. Great post.

UnderWearKing, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  11. sajae102

sajae102 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you have to understand that when you are dealing with anything online, there is a big chance that it could be scam.....this is the world of online business. You do have to be careful with online internet marketers and I will say this much..most of the online products online are garbage, but next time you buy a product online, make sure to read reviews of it on forums, message boards...i would also suggest blogs but many bloggers are paid to write good reviews, so I would stick with forums and message boards to get honest reviews of products. Also, check yahooanswers to ask about a product. Good luck :) and be careful next time..ok?

sajae102, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  12. benjF

benjF Peon

Best Answers:
    Those who can't do - teach.

Those who's system does not work - sell it.

benjF, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  13. bogtab

bogtab Peon

Best Answers:
    Not everyone on the Internet is a scammer. Take me for example, I will show you how to make an easy $100 for only 10 easy payments of $10 :)

bogtab, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  14. miccy

miccy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's an example indeed ;)

miccy, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  15. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course not . I had witnessed many gurus earn much money in a single day.
    Just be patient and learn by heart if you paid money to learn .
    Good luck to you .

justinlorder, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  16. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It's true...if they're so successful, why did they waste their time to create a video and website about their methods that allegedly did so well?

I immediately dismiss all of those "mile-long" squeeze pages as BS. Snake oil marketers brag about how successful and rich they are - REAL marketers never speak a word about their true success.

Pixelrage, Mar 17, 2009 IP
    MunnaMobile and metros like this.
  17. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll find everybody from outright ripoff artists to legitimate people putting out high quality products online.

You have people out there who are well known for selling crappy products that don't do even remotely what they're supposed to.

Then you have people who made their big fortunes online by selling information about how to make money online, NOT because of whatever technique the course supposedly outlines.

Then you have people who sell legitimate products that actually work and who people use successfully. Unfortunately even with these people you'll have unhappy customers who didn't use/misused the product and didn't see results (in other words they didnt' get rich overnight with hardly any work like they thought they would). The sad part is that so many people throw all well known internet marketers into the same group just because a few of them are shady, when in reality it's not as black and white as that.

The bottom line is that YOU as the customer have to do your part and do a bit of research before you make a purchase. Most legit people nowadays have free blogs, videos, a newsletter, etc. that you can check out before you even buy their product. Does their free stuff strike you as quality information? If so, then that's probably a good indication of what you can expect form their paid product.

Out of curiosity, who was the guru and what was the software? It would help to give some insight into what may have happened rather than just saying they're all scammers.

Hagen, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  18. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear this argument a lot, and on the surface it seems like it makes sense. Why would you sell a method when it's making you all this money when you could just keep it to yourself?

Easy. First, if I can make more money by selling my secret than I can by keeping it for myself, then I might as well sell it. Second, most product creators know that the majority of the people who buy their product won't do much with the information anyway, so it's not as though they're creating competition for themselves. Third, they still keep all their BIG secrets to themselves.

I'm not saying that there aren't people who make their big money by selling other people the dream of making big money, but the reasons above are why a person who's LEGITIMATELY making money would choose to put out an information product instead of keeping what they know to themselves.

Hagen, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  19. grabarz

grabarz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, we don't know who is making the biggest money online. Do you know why...?

grabarz, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  20. redsouljaz

redsouljaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I think if they really make biggest money online, they won't just sell their software cheap rite.

redsouljaz, Mar 18, 2009 IP