1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Received a shameless promotion email from edirectory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by xc06, Mar 10, 2009.

The email is sent to me through contact us from one of my phpld directory. The guy said he was visiting my site and thinking my directory would be a great fit for their software. It claimed many good features and offered 15% off. Then I finally decide to have a look at edirectory. It is really surprising that the licence for edirectory $1499.00 one time cost

Even as directory owner for almost 3 years, I didn't realize the price for a script of directory can be that big.

The point is: Why the guy think I have to swith the script?

Of course I won't try it ever no matter how good it is, personally.

xc06, Mar 10, 2009 IP
    deluxdon and Brian1970 like this.
  2. kewlchat

kewlchat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if 1 stupid person buys it he will have achevied his objective.

kewlchat, Mar 10, 2009 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  3. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Back not all that long ago that was the price for a premium script. I think the cheapest script I have cost me $700 and it had none of the basic features you would expect from a script today.

stoner3221, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  4. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone who would try and knock this script obviously has never dealt with nor owns it.

Do you think your simple php[insert explicit] script could achieve the same things this script possesses at a price less than that of this particular script?

Well, if you think so, you are very sadly mistaken.

This is what cracks me up about so called 'directory owners' in thinking that a $20, $30, $50 script can encompass what this one already has at the set base price.

an0n, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  5. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it might be a better script.
    IMO, I would like to do some customization on my current "cheap" Phpld script with the money that could spent on that expensive script.

xc06, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  6. linkenginepro

linkenginepro Peon

Best Answers:
    What i like from this script is the self service. Just looking at the demo, the user panel is good. You can buy the service immediately without contact the directory owner.

linkenginepro, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  7. goldenstateofmind

goldenstateofmind Banned

Best Answers:
    i agree....

goldenstateofmind, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  8. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Do you really think that any stupid person exist who buys it :confused: None IMO.

DON.

deluxdon, Mar 11, 2009 IP
    gauravgrt likes this.
  9. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's all find and daddy, however, do you honestly think you will get the same functionality as this script does for less with your current script by adding mods to it?

You'd be surprised DON.
    When people want something superior to the generalized smaller scripts, they go the ladder.

an0n, Mar 11, 2009 IP
    deluxdon and gauravgrt like this.
  10. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I checked into eDirectory about a year ago. It is an incredible script when it comes to features and function. No amount of modding of these sub $100 scripts will result in anything close to eDirectory.

I almost purchased this script for a directory I was thinking of launching back then. I had negotiated a discount and was ready to buy. The ONLY thing that kept me from doing so was this. What I wanted would have been something like $2500. Then I would have had to pay an additional $400 per year for access to upgrades????? Come on if I am paying that much $$ for a script I should at least get the future upgrades included.

Maybe a small thing to some but I get hung up on principal sometimes. :(

swedal, Mar 11, 2009 IP
    gauravgrt and deluxdon like this.
  11. elchefe

elchefe Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you can have a custom-made script for less than that amount. I wouldn't purchase an already-made script for that high of a price.

elchefe, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  12. nextdir

nextdir Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with anon and swedal on this, edirectory is more powerful then any other script i checked.

But i didn't like that updates should cost you that much.

They giving discounts if you buy more then one license.

nextdir, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  13. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    person havent applied his mind before offers this cheap services

newlogo, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  14. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have well over $5,000 wrapped up in one directory script I use and at least $10,000 in another directory script. I have a guy doing coding every week on one directory project or another; it’s a never ending expense.

stoner3221, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  15. RonMexico

RonMexico Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Anon,

I've reading your post and agree with you about how eDirectory's software is pretty much 2nd to none on the market. I also keep seeing the same response from all posters about eDirectory and how they costs too much but their software is the best. So my question to you is that since you already have the software, i was able to get them to offer me a 15% discount by using this code " arca15f ", now i'm looking at a total of $1700 for the license and the portal package. Is this a "deal or no deal" I really want their software, and everything else I see pales in comparison to edirectory.

I'm thinking if i hired some computer geek from a 3rd world country to build this software for me from the ground up, it will probably take about $7,000 and it might not even have the same polish as edirectory does. Such a hard decision.

RonMexico, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  16. merlinseo

merlinseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well,
    You cannot just claim it as shameless just based on email coming to you
    And just because its priced high

Well did you take efforts to check it out why its priced high or what and how ?

Well you took efforts just to make a thread here or post, You may be right if you would have checked the script
    But after reading other reply post's , It seems the price is worth of it and I had heard from one of my friend about edirectory its full of features compared to other low bucks scripts

Anyways I dont deny what you say
    Anyways here it really depends on Budget , If people have high budget they afford expensive scripts, Low budget then low and so on....

merlinseo, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  17. Harkster

Harkster Guest

Best Answers:
    I just finished checking out the site, looking at examples and playing with their demo. Awesome! even if it only does like 80% of what it appears. Been looking at buying a domain for a project and now I am considering a far cheaper name and spending the bucks for this script instead. It is far more than a links directory script for sure.

Harkster, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  18. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $1500 is too expensive imo. When a script as complex as vbulletin is available for just around $150, this one priced at 10 times that amount does not seem reasonable to me.

peepin2me, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  19. kamalchandel

kamalchandel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have this script and Full version of it. If anybody wants this script. I can give you in just $100 one time cost.

kamalchandel, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  20. pubdomainshost.com

pubdomainshost.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be inappropriate to call the solicitation email as 'shameless' advertising. If you look at the features and the whole setup required - you would realize that unlike open source / free scripts, here you are dealing with a mature organization and thus costs would be on the higher side on account of R&D they have made to create a software that spins money for you, support they have to provide and multiple other factors + Profits for creating an excellent software.

pubdomainshost.com, Oct 1, 2009 IP