1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Revealed: The $100k Blogging Formula

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by zupreme, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ebiz

ebiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dont have time ,looking for someone to set this up,pm price if interested.

ebiz, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  2. Ghalt

Ghalt Peon

Best Answers:
    Couple of thoughts/questions:

1. Is the value of using the source/child blog structure primarily that it saves you time in posting/updating multiple blogs? Is it that you load up your source blog with articles and then just let it rip as opposed to taking those same spun PLR articles and posting them yourself once a day? Or is there a better benefit to it than that?

2. I looked at the spinner you linked to earlier in the thread, and tried it on a simple article, and it came out junky and unreadable. This has been my experience with most spinners. How much effort do you put into spinning and CLEANING UP the PLR articles so they are readable? Or are you just taking it as they come out of the spinner? To put it another way, on a scale of 1 to 10, how user-readable are your articles?

3. If you don't mind my asking, about how much are you spending on PLR articles? Buying 1000 would seem to require a pretty hefty outlay of cash up front.

4. Can you talk about the value that the whole Twitter thing adds?

Thanks!

Ghalt, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  3. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great questions.

1- The parent-child structure allows you to only log into the one location (the parent) to post your PLR articles.

2- I agree that most spinners are not that great. The one I sent is one of these. Even the best spinner really requires you to get at the source code and edit the synonyms list if you want high-readability. But there is something to be said for moderate-low visibility. you lose out on many repeat visitors, but you almost guarantee that the Ads you place on the site will be more attractive than your content, which gives a higher clickthrough rate.

3- not much at all. Do some digging and you'll find tons of 1000+ packs out there for under $10

4- Twitter gives you repeat visitors and a sense of personality to go with the blogs. Done right, your blog will update your twitter account every time "you" post a new article.

I hope this helps.

By the way everyone, the Ebook is done! I'll be opening a new thread this evening about that and will post a link to it here. Please don't request review copies on this thread. Please wait for the Buy/Sell/Trade thread coming up later tonight.

zupreme, Mar 5, 2009 IP
    Clipovich likes this.
  4. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Ebook is READY!

Please SEE THIS THREAD for more info on the pre-release sale.

And thanks for your patience everyone!!

zupreme, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  5. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    pm me if you want the answer to this. Modern 'wranglers' don't produce gibberish.

incidentally, I can vouch for the idea of the OP, although I do think his implementation is pretty tough work. An easier (FAR easier way to do it would be ... actually, it's all explained in this free autoblogging ebook.

You DEFINITELY don't need to spend money on domains or hosting, btw.

contentboss, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  6. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with your premise regarding the use of Blogger.com and Wordpress.com hosted blogs (instead of your own).

The reason that I do not recommend that approach in my method is that hosting with any of the free blog hosts puts you fully at their mercy. They can ban you for any reason. They can also run Javascript in the background to replace your affiliate links with theirs at any time (as some free hosting sites have been caught doing...).

Thanks for your input though. Your method is quite valid as well, although I do not recommend it as a long-term business model.

zupreme, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  7. jhbalaji

jhbalaji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  8. newinvestor23

newinvestor23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so I wonder how much people have made with this...

newinvestor23, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  9. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this 100k a year? Or since you started (1 year and a half)?

mg1313, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  10. lazlow

lazlow Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your information and tips! It's just what I was looking for. I'll buy your ebook as soon as I get some cash in my paypal.

lazlow, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  11. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's for the calendar year 2007

zupreme, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  12. Ghalt

Ghalt Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm having fun configuring my first auto-blogs based on this process.

Right now, I've run into one snag: FT Signature Manager is not adding the sig to posts from WP-O-Matic. It's adding the sig to everything that I post directly, and if I 'Edit' a post and do nothing but re-save it (Update button), it adds the signature then. But from the gitgo, the sig is missing.

This is pretty important, as you have explained, since scrapers will be feeding off my site and I want my link in my sig.

Anyone have thoughts on why it's not working? I've even triple-checked to make sure that it's configured on my admin username, and when the auto-post happens, my admin's username is getting credit as the author (in the user panel it tells me how many posts were authored by 'me').

Thanks!

Ghalt, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  13. Ghalt

Ghalt Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, after playing with it a bit, I decided against using FT Signature Manager, and using the feature within WP-O-Matic to do a Custom Template when posting. All I do is add the {content} tag in that template window, then put my signature (including html for a link to my site) below it.

It works like a charm!

Also, in order to have internal linking, and not to have people clicking out of my site too quickly, I stopped using a 'Recent Posts' widget. The links in the Recent Posts widget were linking to the feed's source articles, not my blog's. Which meant if an article title catches someone's eye...bang, they are gone from my site.

So I installed the 'Clean Archives Reloaded' plugin, and added a text widget to the sidebar with the CAR code in it. That displays a full list of archived titles, linked to MY site's pages, not the external ones. The individual articles, themselves, have their title linked to the feed source.

Hope this helps, in case anyone else was stuck.

Ghalt, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  14. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go to Users > Signature Options and choose to add signature by default.

That's all that is needed.

zupreme, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  15. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    !METHOD UPDATE!

I have incorporated WP Easy Uploader to speed up the addition of themes.

As many of you know Wordpress 2.7.x allows you to easily grab plugins from the repository or to upload them from your machine directly.

No such functionality exists for themes. WP Easy Uploader adds this functionality, including the ability to unzip, and subsequently delete, the theme zip file automatically.

Anyone following this method is advised to add this plugin to your collection.

zupreme, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  16. Maximallimit

Maximallimit Peon

Best Answers:
    How can I setup WP-o-Matic to fetch 1 article a day, every day ?
    At the moment it will fetch the latest but it will ignore the rest( let's say I published 10 articles on parent blog, setup wp-o-matic on child blog to fetch 1 article a day, but after it takes that first article iy will ignore the rest, and it will say Nothing new found).
    Do I have to upload the articles on parent blog as drafts and publish one a day in each category, or what?

Thank you

Maximallimit, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  17. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting. I haven't had that issue. The behavior I get is:

Source Blog entries
    1-1-09 - Post 1
    1-1-09 - Post 2
    12-31-08 - Post 1
    12-31-08 - Post 2

Code (markup):
    Child Blog imports:
    On 12-31-08 child blog grabs 12-31-08 - Post 1
    On 1-1-09 child blog grabs 12-31-08 - Post 2
    On 1-2-09 child blog grabs 1-1-09 - Post 1
    On 1-3-09 child blog grabs 1-1-09 - Post 2
    Code (markup):
    I'm not sure what would be causing your issue. Try reinstalling WP-O-Matic. Also make sure you are not postdating (tagging with a later date) your posts on your source blog.

zupreme, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  18. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In Wordpress you can manually schedule the posting date, you don't have to publish immediately. Just click on the Edit link. Or there's a number of plugins (paid) that allows you to schedule random postings of the articles, with most you upload them as a zip file and set the random times you want to post the articles.

There's other plugins that scrapes content like Caffienated Content, Autoblogger (I think that's the name), Unique Article Wizard (I haven't tried this, but I heard that it does this) and several others. "Yet Another Autoblogger" (Free) works something like wpo so you may want to look at that.

I know you're supposed to use unique articles, but I'm trying the plugins that scrapes content from the article directories and using a random text plugin to insert some text before the articles on the child blogs. Anyway I'm going to try it first before spinning the entire article.

bob25, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  19. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    QUICK NOTE!!!

NEVER EVER Check the "Allow Pingbacks" option in WP-O-Matic! This is a sure fire way to alert other sites to the existence of your hidden source blog!

zupreme, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  20. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I'm not mistaken I think there's also an option to link back to the post?

I used to leave everything on that page at the default settings (unchecked).

bob25, Mar 10, 2009 IP