1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I recieve CC payments?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by smithlan, Jul 6, 2006.

Is there anybody who can help me?:confused: I think DP is the best place to ask.
    I want to recieve a credit card payment, but I do not want to do it via PayPal. I have seen 2checkout..it seems to complicated, with the whole process, verification etc.
    Does, anyone know of any other reliable service, through which I can recieve CC payment.
    Thanks for the help.

smithlan, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  2. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2CO is the lowest cost and easiest CC processor to get setup with. Merchant accounts and payment gateways involve quite some paperwork and higher initial fees.

Fahd, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  3. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    What country are you in? What is your estimated monthly volume? What is your average ticket price?

Not true. 2CO tends to almost always be the most expensive option for a merchant. Their rates are extremely high. Only merchants with extremely low volume should ever consider using them.

stymiee, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  4. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By cost I meant initial out of pocket costs, which I stand by!

Fahd, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  5. MediaMook

MediaMook Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used 2CO and CCnow.

Yes, their rates are higher than a bank-issued cc terminal/account, but far less hassle. And the set-up/approval for each is simple and relatively quick.
    (Days rather than weeks. Some banks and vendors take weeksm espescially with American Express.)

I recommend both, just be sure to check their terms of service, pay-out schedules and fees.

MediaMook, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  6. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    They charge a setup fee. How can they be the cheapest?

stymiee, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  7. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    It usually only takes a few days to establish a true merchant account. American Express can be signed up for over the phone in minutes.

stymiee, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  8. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most merchant processors and payment gateways charge huge setup fees! Not to mention gateway fees, monthly fees, installation and setup fees, etc. Here are a few which do - www.charge.com, www.planetpayment.com, etc.

I do not know which particular services you may know of that do not charge any of these fees.

Fahd, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  9. uberman

uberman Peon

Best Answers:
    most cc payment systems involve lots of verifications... 2checkout is one of best ard...another one is worldpay :)

uberman, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  10. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    stymiee, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  11. MediaMook

MediaMook Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't speak to your experience, but it took us weeks to sign up an account with a reputable bank, because the business was home-based.

I emphasize 'reputable' because there are many companies that are shady and will gladly set you up in a few hours or days and then clobber you with fees.

Our bank (a top-five national bank) gives great customer service and the fees are fair.

AmEx took ten days for us, again, because it was a home-based venture and they wanted some extra paperwork submitted.

YRMV.

MediaMook, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  12. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fahd, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  13. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    All of that is the fault of your bank. An experienced agent/company would have had your paperwork in order before starting the process of establishing your merchant account. My company establishes a dozen home based business accounts every day and they are up in 1 - 3 days with the only exceptions being very high risk accounts or owners with awful credit. And our fees are rarely beaten.

Also, national banks suck for merchant accounts. They're just resellers like the door-to-door sales agents and other companies soliciting your business. They have absolutely nothing to do with your credit card processing. And on average they charge more then other companies.

stymiee, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  14. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are in the US just go to ebay. The competition is so fierce the rates are unbelievably low. And they are legit because they can't afford to get negative feedback.

stymiee, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  15. aditude

aditude Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, If you are India, just use wallet365.com, they charge less then a few cents! Thats what my friend in India tells me, he says they are quite a reputed company and are very reliable!

aditude, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  16. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Wallet365 is a new payment processor launched by times group which runs indiatimes.com. yes they charge very less and are very good in services - though i lost 35$ in my first transaction with them :eek:

amitpatel_3001, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  17. aditude

aditude Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you please tell me, how you lost:eek: My friend, is relying on them for a hefty amount:( Will it be a problem for him?
    Thanks for sharing.

aditude, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  18. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    I got my first payment of 50$ in wallet365 which i wanted to give a try and i tried to withdraw the money but the process was too long.
    So, since the wallet365 is launched by indiatimes.com i thought it would be better buying something from their shopping zone, i bought a small MP3 player and made the payment via wallet365.

after 5 days they call me to verify the tiny amount , i said i can send my PAN number's scanned copy , but what they need it my PAN's Scanned copy , bank statements , the person who sent me the money , his Pan number and his bank statements :eek:
    I said wht the hell will the peoson who sent me 50$ give all those details, that too for a shopping i do, better cancel the order,
    and till now i dont see money in my wallet365 and also no order :-|

amitpatel_3001, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  19. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wallet365 sounds ok for basic transactions couldn't find any API information. I've been split between ccavenue, abcpayments and transecute for my transactions in India. I don't need a true merchant account for my needs.

Fahd, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  20. aditude

aditude Peon

Best Answers:
    My God!:eek: I will immediatle tell him not to go for wallet365.com! He was going to recieve close to $2000, if he loses that...

aditude, Jul 6, 2006 IP