1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense account disabled for incorrect reason

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by JamesColin, Jun 27, 2006.

1. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well maybe they have banned you as you have two accounts accessing adsense from the same ip.

chachacallis, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Their reason is clear: they've disabled her account because they found it to be related to an account previously banned for fraudulent clicks.
    The problem is they don't say in which way it is related, they're obviously not talking about mine since it is not banned at all. Anyway, she will be able to work it out with AdSense directly when they'll reply to check on her identity or to give her the way to appeal against the decision (which she asked for in her first email).

JamesColin, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  3. letsjoy

letsjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    now forgot google n wait for YPN or try any other :)

letsjoy, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  4. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    impossible to forgot google and try another, because adsense was displaying good ads, what other alternative does she have? She put adbrite network ads at the moment but it really isn't targeted at all. And waiting for YPN is not an option as you don't know how long you'll have to wait, maybe forever for europe.

JamesColin, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  5. FUCA925

FUCA925 Peon

Best Answers:
    Based on your statement above it sounds like your GF needs to move on to another advertising network. She succeeded in opening up another account but Google caught her 2 months after the fact. This will not sit too well with Google.

If the first account was shut down due to someone else committing click fraud, did she at least try to make a case with Google?

FUCA925, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  6. Namesniper

Namesniper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should email adsense team,also there must be another part of the story which we dont see here

Namesniper, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  7. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Did you really read the post??

He is saying that his girlfriend didnt have any adsense account earlier. It was her first account ever..

quite strange....

PS: fryman I dare you to go and post that image in Chirs's thread....

The Webmaster, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  8. FUCA925

FUCA925 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gotcha! :D

That's what I get for breezing thru posts! :eek:

FUCA925, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  9. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Mr. Senserely/James:

I dont mean to put the screws to you, but weren't you banned not too long ago? If I am mistaken, then I am sorry. But if so, then google somehow connected the two of you. Is the site she is running an old site of yours? Google does have 30 year cookies and they probably have a gps on you and your GF, so they know all....Mwahahaha

Its Google's world, we just live in it :D

TCR, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  10. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No I wasn't banned or even suspended, yes my girlfriend has opened an account for the first time about one month after starting her first website ever. Yes she emails adsense back since last friday (staying polite which is kind of hard) and no she hasn't got an answer yet. Yes I will put my own account at risk with them later by sending them an email supporting my girlfriend's case if she still doesn't get an answer on friday.

JamesColin, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  11. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does your girlfriend have a common name? Perhaps she has a namesake who was banned, and they looked at the whois registrant?

Obelia, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  12. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Still no answer from Google despite daily emails (polite and asking for them to check on her and/or on how to make an appeal) and sent once the appeal form that someone pointed out to me.

She still has no answer, this lack of respect for a publisher makes me want to punch one of the guys at Google, in particular the ones who read the emails and trash them without an answer, thinking "who's going to tell me anything anyway?".
    Anyway, tomorow I'm writing to them about her and we'll see if I get an answer back and if I will run into troubles with AdSense.

Obelia: not a common name.

JamesColin, Jul 3, 2006 IP
  13. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the message is qued.

they won't probably answer your case within a month, but just not give up keep email them.

tonyinabox, Jul 3, 2006 IP
  14. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hahaha, she received an answer to the appeal form filling, it is a pre written email which says: after reviewing your account it has generated fraudulent clicks (not exact wording) !!
    Which has never been the reason why her account has been disabled in the first palce and this show that they didn't take into account the message she put in the comment field.

Anyway, so now I've just send an email to Google explaining the situation with my own adsense email, I gave her adsense email as well, so we'll see what is happening.

Here's what I wrote:
    "
    Hello Google,

I'm writing to you today for a very special occasion. It is not for me directly, it is for my girlfriend XXX YYYY who opened an AdSense account last april following my advice.
    We've been together since january 2006 and I've been introducing her to web design, her first site was made with Google pages : http://XXXXXXX.googlepages.com
    Then I told her to open an AdSense account, which she did but has been refused (the website was the one on googlepages, maybe that's why)
    I then introduced her to drupal.org and she made her second website, with a proper domain name and pro webhosting: http://www.YYYYYY.com
    After one month she asked again for an adsense account, and this time she got approved.
    She put the ads on YYYYYY.com and created another website, still with drupal.org: http://www.ZZZZZZZZ.com

All was going fine and we were watching her progress and daily objectives when suddenly on 23rd june she received an email from Google saying that her account has been disabled because it was found to be related to an account previously banned for click fraud.

She lives in a student residency and is often at my home. We didn't understand what account it might be, since my account has never been disabled for whatever reason and her account was the first time she had been accepted. I told her to write to you asking for an identity check and information on how to appeal against your decision which we believe is an error.

Since she didn't get an answer after a couple of days I told her to write to you everyday in order to show that she's a serious publisher, I was sure she would get an answer since I have always been pleased with Google's answers ever since I work with you (month YEAR)

On a public forum someone suggested that she should fill in an appeal form and gave the url, which she did, she received today an answer saying that after review, her account has been found to have generated fraudulent clicks, which has never been the case in the first place. We sincerely feel the email we received in exchange of filling the form is a prewritten one and hasn't taken into account the information she put forward. I can put my own honor in what she says, she knows since the beginning that she should never click on one of her ad and she surely didn't do it, we even made sure the ads were not displaying when she was connected to her Drupal sites!

And at the same time she still hasn't received an answer to the first email saying her account is disabled! And in the emails she's sending everyday she was simply asking for an identity check and information on how to appeal to the decision.

So I'm writing to you today in order to try to improve her situation and get her back working with you, because the alternative we put in place waiting for your answer are no match to AdSense (adbrite and commission junction)

Personnally I'm the first to be badly surprised by Google on this matter, because I was the one telling her that your customer support was first class, at least it has always been with me. But after over 2 weeks without a single answer and now this prewritten email, I feel bad for her and I feel a bit stupid of the trust I had in you which was a bit too much, nobody's perfect and Google can also make mistakes and not correct them.

Her email for adsense is

Please answer me just to acknowledge you received my email, and honestly she's victim of an error and she's willing to provide ANY information that could help you correct your mistake, but she needs to be given a chance to do so, please I ask for your understanding in this matter. Make her feel like she's a person and answer her, explain better why her account has been disabled and discuss with her, don't be like an evil corporation, show your human side.

Best regards,
    "

I've send it to the email I had good and prompt exchanges in the recent past and I BCCed it to three emails my girlfriend has been contacting them on (without answer as I said)

We'll see what happens to this email and to my account, I don't want to be afraid, but I'm a little bit, can't help it. Loosing my adsense account over this wouldn't be fun.

I hope I can come back with good news about this story, to show that it can happen (there are other stories on digitalpoint forums where AdSense has reenabled account disabled by mistake)

JamesColin, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  15. Danny

Danny Active Member

Best Answers:
    do you have an account manager there?

I have one person who has contacted me a few times.
    She is generally my goto person when i have issues

Danny, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  16. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Run it thru the spell check before you send it and refer to Google as 'your company'.

Gook luck dude.

TCR, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  17. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Was her site one she told people at school about and people at school used?

By the way, you might want to come up with reasons and explanations as to why they might have made a mistake. Just insisting they are wrong with out anything to support why they might have evidence of guilt, is unlikely to sway their opinion.

aeiouy, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  18. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    wwwSENSERELYcom, this is what happened. You can put the screws to your GF, and she will eventually admit it.

You told her about Adsense, and she started making money. You made it very clear that she shouldn't click on it or commit fraud. She says Okay. Then one day, it occurs to her how easy it would be if she just clicked her ads one time from her dorm. Or from her school computer lab. or from her friend's laptop. Etc etc. Then she does it again. And again. And again. Because the money just keeps getting counted. And she thinks, "Wow, this is easy! And they haven't caught me yet! Muwahahahahaha I'm the smartest person who has ever lived!" and she continues to do it until -- bam, Google catches her. Fraudulent clicks. Caught!

And of course she will deny everything, because you have already told her not to do it, but she did it anyway, because it was gosh darn it, so easy! She won't admit to it unless you really push her hard, but why bother? She's already been banned, and she's not getting her account back, and hopefully she'll learn from this experience.

This is probably what happened. You can't really say you know FOR SURE she didn't do these things, because, frankly, you may think you know her, but how much do we really know the person we are dating?

jackburton2006, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  19. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    James, where did you sent the message ? Trough the web form ? Or just replied to the e-mail you got ?

One other thing: What e-mail address you used to send the e-mail.. Her Adsense account address ?

Cristian Mezei, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  20. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Danny: no account manager, I've sent it to google-uk@... as the main email, the one I usually communicate with.

Expertu: I've also sent it to the google-uk and three other email address, in the BCC field, adresses she had contact with: the one who send the first "disabled" email, one found on the adsense web, those two she wrote everyday to, and finally the email from which she received the answer to the appeal form. I used my own adsense email to send the email I'm talking about lately.

TCR: thank you.

aeuouy: I don't have a reasonnable explanation and they didn't give us any, "related to an account previously banned for click fraud" is strange to me, related in which way? The only possibility would be that someone in her student residency would have had an account banned, since they use the same IP, but even so it wouldn't matter, I mean if in the same family one brother is banned, would they also ban the mother or the sister?

jackburton2006: You're correct, that could be her, but notice how the email she received doesn't accuse her of fraud click. So this isn't the issue if she clicked or not on her ads since she's not accused of this. Of course I don't know her, but I'm pretty sure she never had a website before I showed her and even els an AdSense account, so that's for sure. But of course I can be wrong, just as Google can. I'm not reproaching them to be wrong, but the total lack of answers, I find it very offensive, what does it cost them? Of course they answered the appeal form, ut in which way: a pre written email saying NO without taking into account any of the message she put forward, that's exactly like no answer at all.

That's the way it is, it's not my account yet which is disabled, and hers has never been above 100$ so she doesn't feel like she lost anything except her time and hopes, so I shouldn't be concerned, but I know this was going to work and make her a good earning every month eventually and I had a very good opinion of publisher support at Google.

JamesColin, Jul 6, 2006 IP