1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing my Blogs

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by zam23, Mar 1, 2009.

I have 5 blogs created. I need to market them and bring more traffic.

Please let me know where to start this. What is directory submissions.
    :p

zam23, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  2. BulbIdeas

BulbIdeas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to do some social bookmarking at digg, facebook, twitter...

BulbIdeas, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  3. BulbIdeas

BulbIdeas Active Member

Best Answers:
    btw, What are the blogs if you don't mind sharing

BulbIdeas, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  4. hpginc

hpginc Member

Best Answers:
    This should help you out. This is from a blog post we wrote. Use these techniques and youll have tons of traffic.

One of the most increasingly effective ways to increase traffic is to tell friends and family you have around the internet. Have them tell their friends, and so-on and so-on. One of the best ways to spread word around like this is by using social networks. Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Digg, DropJack, Technorati, and Delicious are just a few great ones. Do a search on Google on social networks and you will find tons. If you get good at making lots of friends you can drive millions of visitors to your website everyday with social networks. Friends equal trust and trust equals sales!

Leave a signature of your website on the bottom of all your emails. Get some business cards made up. Lots of businesses and restaurants will let you leave your business card up to advertise. Change everything you do online in how you take free advertising chances for granted. If you are given the opportunity to advertise your website for free, take it.

Sign up for forums and newsgroups related to the content of your website/business. Use the space they provide you for a signature. List your website and whatever else you want to advertise in your signature. Most forums will let you advertise in your signature. Since the forums and newgroups will be related to your website material, you will probably know everything about what the people there are talking about. Show your expertise and act professional in all your posts and comments. This alone works great to bring in customers.

Writing articles and submitting them to major article websites is probably the most effective way to bring in traffic. Writing articles about your website can bring in thousands or millions of visitors within a few short months. Millions of people looking to read interesting articles in their spare time visit article websites. Some people share your articles if they are good enough. Then your articles can spread like wildfire through the internet. You’ll have to submit 1-4 articles a day, everyday, until you reach the desired amount of traffic. I pace myself to submit 2-4 articles a day.

Leave comments on high ranking blogs and leave your website address in your details. This will create backlinks to your website. Backlinks on high ranking websites will move your website up in search engines.

Create a blog about your website/business. Create a sub domain of your website to make more traffic get there. For instance www.yourwebsite.com/blog, the subdomain is /blog. Tell everyone what you have to offer that is original. Let the world know what your website offers. Make sure you blog 5-6 times a week and you will drive traffic. Blogs create traffic because they are usually updated regularly and that attracts search engines to your website. Search engines don’t find old content first. If you want to rank high in search engines, you better update your website regularly. Attaching a blog to a sub domain of your website is a great way to start.

Make sure you submit a sitemap to major search engines. A sitemap is great for websites that are updated regularly. It submits information on when it was last updated how often it changes, and how important it is in relation to other URLs in the site. These are some of the best qualities you can show a search engine. Having a sitemap and updating it to major search engines regularly can give you a huge boost of traffic in a very short time.

Submit your website to as many website directories as possible. Most website directories will let you submit your website for free. This can be a great way to bring in traffic but can take time to see results. Try and set up the keywords on your website. Put as many keywords as you can that relate to what your product is about. This way search engines will find content related to your business/product. This can be very effective if you get good at it.

Use Google adwords and bid on others so you can be seen on the first page all the time. Google adwords is a great way to bring traffic. You bid a small price ($0.10-$0.50 on average) on key words that would be used to find your website in a search engine. The small price you bid is paid for each visitor they send your way. You might pay a few dollars, but for the visitors you get in return will more than make up for it in sales. Use Google adsense in combination to receive commission on sales and clicks.

Use key words in your website meta tags. You should use all the keywords that talk about that page in your website. Try and set up your meta tags on each page on your website. For example if you sell power tools, you want your meta tags to use keywords that would relate to power tools.

These are just a few ways to advertise and market your website. Use them all and you will sure to be ready to retire on your website profits. Any average Joe can use these techniques. You will see your website visitors go from 1-10 a day to thousands each day.

hpginc, Mar 1, 2009 IP
    mspennylane likes this.
  5. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What a descriptive post.....mate.

Thanks for the share. It would really be helpful for new as well as old bloggers!

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  6. hpginc

hpginc Member

Best Answers:
    You are very welcome. You can find more great information like that on our blog if you need more help.

hpginc, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  7. ArmKaz

ArmKaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking would be the best.

ArmKaz, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  8. stockhola

stockhola Guest

Best Answers:
    Directory submissions you are wasting your time for the most part. Your adding your site to sites that are so backed up with approving web pages that it will take months or not at all for your site to be approved. Even then Google does not count these links for PR rank any longer.

Best bet are to join sites like blogcatalog.com etc. Other then that writing articles about 1 every 2 or 3 days will bring you traffic. Do not fall into the trip where you post 3 times a day. No ones going to read your stuff!

stockhola, Mar 1, 2009 IP
    ~kev~ likes this.
  9. ghazz

ghazz Peon

Best Answers:
    I've always found that especially with blogs, great content is the place to start. I'd not worry about getting traffic too much until you have a good set of quality posts. They need to be unique, different from anywhere else, since you want people to come back over and over.

Once you have good content, there are a lot of things you can do to get traffic:

You can use social media, like these guys are recommending. Using Stumble Upon to stumble your sites, digg your posts, and use the 100 other social media sites out there.

You can write articles and submit them to ezinearticles.com with links to your blog in them.

You can make quality comments on other blogs, which will get you random traffic from people interested in your comments, and also a link back to your site, if its a DO FOLLOW blog (there are lists of these blogs available for free, just search google).

You can buy traffic.

You can buy some advertisements on other related blogs.

You can trade links with other related blogs.

It's not easy, it takes time and effort, but it will pay off. Good luck.

ghazz, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  10. jeffreyhuan

jeffreyhuan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Submit your blog RSS feed to Feed Aggregators.

It will not only drive you traffic but also improve your search rankings.

Following are several aggregators I use for my blogs.

feedagg.com
    feedage.com
    bumpzee.com
    octora.com
    feedfury.com
    goldenfeed.com
    blogdigger.com
    feedooyoo.com
    purerss.com
    rssmicro.com
    rssmotron.com
    icerocket.com

jeffreyhuan, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  11. zam23

zam23 Peon

Best Answers:
    hpginc
    Thank you so much. It was a nice post

zam23, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  12. zkhan99

zkhan99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I have my web site, i want marketing my web site, how i can marketing my web site, this is like forum, anyone can help me for this.

thanks.
    zkhan

zkhan99, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  13. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    blog marketing is a bit different than promoting website.Try social marketing ,blog commenting or guest post .You may try ppc if you have time.

teckinik, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  14. Marketer456

Marketer456 Peon

Best Answers:
    yea i was about to mention ppc but for that you have to have good content remember!

Marketer456, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  15. hpginc

hpginc Member

Best Answers:
    You are welcome zam:) Let us know if you ever have any questions about starting or running your business. We have a wide range of talent in all areas here at hpginc.

hpginc, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  16. KeyboardHustler

KeyboardHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GREAT post, in fact one of the best ive seen here!

KeyboardHustler, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  17. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever you decide to do, just know that Chow and Shoemoney got just about all of their huge traffic (around 200,000 to 350,000 a month) by advertising. They did it in, I think, less than a year.

Word of mouth then took over, which allowed them to cut back quite a bit on their advertising.

If you want a lot of traffic, the only real way, well, next to word of mouth that is combined, is to advertise.

Everything else is bottom of the barrel.

copper12, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  18. mharms

mharms Peon

Best Answers:
    I am so interested in promoting my websites. Though I am not that expert. I am planning to get into marketing as soon as I do this well. All the help inspiring and motivating.

mharms, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  19. ArticleWriting

ArticleWriting Peon

Best Answers:
    try exchanging blogroll links with similar topic blogs..

ArticleWriting, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  20. mochsa

mochsa Peon

Best Answers:
    i think the most important is to daily write at least one post/blog. I saw that writing often on my blog, the visitors number increased. Other thinks that must be done is to submit your blog into directories, to submit your blog RSS feed to feed aggregators. Also use ping services, social networking to promote your blog posts. Hope this is useful for you.

mochsa, Mar 3, 2009 IP