1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Anybody Making Serious Money with Article Marketing?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Cashprofit, Feb 22, 2009.

1. celticgiraffe

celticgiraffe Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually submit my articles, which I tend to rewrite from PLR articles like snotb411 (above), to top 5 or 6 article directories only. I don't rewrite the entire article for each directory and usually only change the title, and maybe the first sentence. To me this seems to fool google enough as I have seen cases where my "duplicate" articles have appeared in SERP positions #1, #3 & #4 for a particlular keyword, and stayed there for a long time. I rewrite the PLR articles at least 75%. Unfortunately I must have poor paying keywords as I have not made much money yet from adsense or clickbank, but still the results show that my articles are at least at the top of SERPs for certain keywords! Now to get the right keywords!

celticgiraffe, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  2. DF20

DF20 Guest

Best Answers:
    Question:

I write an article, that I'm going to place on a blog. I'm going to submit the article to EZA and 4-5 article other directories, as well as create a squidoo and hubpage.

1) Should I re-write the article for each instance I post it, as in tweak it for every article directory, squidoo, hubpage, to avoid google's duplicate content penalty?

2) Should I link the hubpage/squidoo to EZA, or to my blog? I see some people linking their article directory posts to a hubpage, or squidoo, and some doing it the other way around. Which is the most efficient in funneling people back to my blog, where I have my sales pitch?

Thanks guys

DF20, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  3. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    They do all get traffic but sometimes they don't. I've experimented a little with mass submission, I mean the same article submitted to 40 - 60 article directories. The results weren't as I expected but some articles still send traffic.

There is no Google Duplicate Penalty. LOL. I have duplicate articles that are ranking better than the original ones. Pretty weird..:)

evelinawilliams007, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  4. grayth

grayth Peon

Best Answers:
    Try and make use of the traffic,

i.e. ezinearticles--->>squidoo page-->>clickbank lander

or

ezinearticles--->>squidoo---->>blog--->> clickbank lander

The first simple funnel is for the true bum marketer that wants to use the free web2.0 sites like squidoo and hubpages,

The second one is slightly better in my opinion but it does require you to own your own site or blog. This works better because in the end the web2.0 sites like squidoo etc act as backlinks for your blog pushing it up in the serps, so you get even more traffic

Now it can get alot more complex then this, but to start out just keep it simple, try one of the models and start making money,

The number one reason, that I can see even with people I have personally helped as to why they never make any money is that they never friggen do it. They spend too much time asking, lurking on forums etc, and never even try.

The second reason why they do not make money is they write 10-15 articles, very quickly discover "holy crap this is work"...then quit, and say article marketing is dead.

I will make it simple making money online is not hard but does require a discipline. And discipline is making yourself do something you don't wanna do but what has to be done.

let me tell you this is so true when your brain says I'm done when after a couple hours of bookmarking, rss feed submissions, tagging, researching new keywords...and then you just don't have the will to write those 10 new articles today, plus add blog posts, etc etc, even for experienced guys on here, this happens to all of us, but the guys who can make money are the ones, that roll up their sleeves, even though your brain says I'm on strike and get it done.

So here's your litmus test for the day,

choose a niche, any niche on clickbank for that matter, find 10 keywords that have under 50k competing sites but have enough monthly traffic I like to pick a min of 600 monthly searches that's 20 a day, and write 5 articles today for those keywords. Then tomorrow write the other 5.

If you can do that...and do that consistantly...then you'll make money

grayth, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  5. DF20

DF20 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey there, I really appreciate the advice! thanks for taking the time to write that out. I have a few questions stemming from this.

Ok, lets say I have an article based on how to save gas money (or make a car more fuel efficient), just as an example. I write up the article, and submit it to EZA. The reader (from that point, assuming they don't come across my blog from google which would be rare to begin with) starts with my EZA.

How do I change up the article on the squidoo/hubpage, and then finally the blog, to keep them interested? If purely article marketing, I'm assuming the blog is just a vector for a pre-sell - But if I'd like to make that blog itself viable for a google ranking at some point, I'd like to keep good content on there. How do I take one article on gas savings and keep it fresh throughout the flow of 3 different sites that lead towards the clickbank lander?

I was thinking of going ezinearticles with the article--->blog with the same article slightly tweaked to avoid duplicate content+some fresh info/presell--->clickbank lander. Can you clarify this for me?

Thank you :)

DF20, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  6. DF20

DF20 Guest

Best Answers:
    Also, I hear a lot of people suggest finding long-tail keywords that have less than 50,000 results. It seems like every keyword I search for, no matter how obscure or bizarre, has at least 150,000-200,000. Or does the original advice mean that long-tail keyword, in quotations? It seems like it's rare people search in this manner

DF20, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  7. grayth

grayth Peon

Best Answers:
    Need to keep it fresh? Simple write more content..

when you gather up your keywords, gather up 30 or keywords..that's at least 30 pieces of articles/blog posts/squid lenses whatever..you choose..

want more? then rewrite your articles, choose more keywords..There is a million ways to say the same thing with one keyword. You could write 100 articles on one keyword. Your making it more complicated then it is..

example, keyword: jack and jill went up the hill

jack and jill went up the hill to fetch an internet marketer
    jack fell down, and jill cant write
    now they think article marketing is harder..

rewrite

Too many internet marketers think article marketing is hard
    I can liken this to the poem we all know jack and jill went up the hill
    we all know the end of the story, right? they fall down and fail. Article marketing is the same way, too many article marketers make it harder then it really is. The money is in the keyword and how you apply it.

rewrite number 2

We all know the poem jack and jill went up the hill right? Of course but the
    beautiful thing about a poem like this is it describes how people who want to make money online start off. They have the desire to climb that hill just like jack in our poem, however in trying to fetch that pail of water, they fail and tumble down the hill. Well article marketing is the same way. Too many article marketers start off and yet fail, because they fall down the hill, don't bother to even climb the hill in the first place, or think just because they get a few bumps on the head when something doesn't work, that making money online is too hard, and so they quit.

I hope this helps and this was just off the top of my head without thinking, 3 fresh ways to say the same thing...with the same keyword.

It doesn't matter too much where you "punt" your visitors, either to a blog or a squid page or a combination of the above, it all works.

The point is, start writing....

grayth, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  8. DF20

DF20 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks a ton for the reply dude! you're awesome

So I'm assuming if my afflink is on my blog, making a squidoo/hubpage as an intermediary between the EZA is pretty much pointless (but still useful as a backlink to make on its own)

I'm getting in the habit of writing more... Writing one article was torture a few weeks ago, but now I'm writing between 2-3 a day, and am going to start doing 5 daily tomorrow.

Thanks again :)

DF20, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  9. fastefund

fastefund Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice sharing guys,

I am just getting into this now more seriously.

fastefund, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  10. NiceFairPrice

NiceFairPrice Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know the name of the software program that will rewrite/convert one article into several articles automatically? I cannot find my notes, but I read about it. It would be great for taking one real well written article and sort of clone it to submit to several article directories.

NiceFairPrice, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  11. NiceFairPrice

NiceFairPrice Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so very much to grayth!

So, based on your jack'n'jill examples, it looks like keyword density just needs to be maintained within a certain range, say 3.4% to 4.2%, and the search engines will love each slightly different version of the very same article as long as they are well written for people to read as well as the S. E. spiders. Is that correct?

12. NiceFairPrice

NiceFairPrice Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey celticgiraffe, here's to you writing a high pay per click article using legal keywords like "Attorney, Lawyer," etc."

Now that is big bucks per click! Takes a bit of research, but the big bucks keywords are out there. Another one is "memory foam" or "memory foam mattress pad"

13. NiceFairPrice

NiceFairPrice Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you please post some URLs to examples of yours? Hope you don't think this is a dumb question. I am just here to learn the ropes, so it would be very helpful to see examples of your articles in various article directories, not all 40 but some would be nice, please! :)

14. orionsky60403

orionsky60403 Peon

Best Answers:
    I read one hubpage saying to put the article through babelfish or some other translator, then translate it back. Most likely you will have some broken english. You then go through it and correct it. Voila, a rewritten article.

I should try it out. I haven't tested it so don't take my word for it yet.

orionsky60403, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  15. savetheozone

savetheozone Member

Best Answers:

Great advice. I think time management is crucial as well. If you keep visiting forums all the time, then this is a huge time drainer. Just sit your ass down and get to work.

savetheozone, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  16. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) Make sure your blog contains unique information. Rewrite the article for the directory, submit it to EZA and iSnare (2$) and forget about the article.
    Once you have a decent number of blog posts, take snippets out of each post and compile a lens/hubpage. Add fresh titles and a couple of fresh sentences.

2) Never advertise other peoples' sites unless they pay you for it. Why would you link to EZA? Use article directories to make your blog rank higher. Link only to your blog. Also use Squidoo to make your blog rank higher - link from your lens to your blog via a good anchor text.

tankard, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  17. grayth

grayth Peon

Best Answers:
    Tankard makes some good points but there is a reason why you would want to also write articles pointing to your squid/hubpages and that's owning the serps.

If you just write articles pointing to your blog and create squid/hubpages just for backlinks for the blog, ya you'll jump in the serps but that blog will only be 1 of 10 on the front page..

Who wants that, I know I don't. After all let's say a keyword gets 100 searches a day and we will assume your on the front page..well you are only 1 of 10 listed there so in effect have a 10% chance to attract those 100 visitors..bah hum bug I say.

Instead if you can get your squid pages, your hub pages and other web 2.0 sites as well as your blog to rank up there then all of a sudden 4 of the choices on the google result are all MINE, so I have effectively boosted my potential to attracting 40% of that 100 hits.

Yes, write for your blog, but do not neglect the squid and hubpages and other web2.0 sites. With some work these will rank too, and not just be for throwaway backlinks that so many others use them for. They can also work for you too..

It'll just mean what? Yep rewriting all those articles pointing at your blog so that you point them to your squid pages too..

grayth, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  18. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something that I am thinking of doing is recording my voice while looking at other people's articles.

As I look at their articles, I speak out loud in my own words. This way I get my own unique article. It is not even related to the original except in subject.

I need to find a transcription service. Does anyone know any good ones?

rolf, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  19. DF20

DF20 Guest

Best Answers:
    I meant linking to my specific article on EZA to boost its google ranking :)

Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it

DF20, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  20. DF20

DF20 Guest

Best Answers:
    Big thanks to grayth and tankard.. I feel like we're actually getting some worthwhile dialogue going here.

I'm having trouble with one other thing, and it's clearly a major problem - finding keywords.

I read so much advice that tells me "Ok look you need to find a niche, then find a long tail keyword that has less than 100,000 google results". Then they go on to say pick out 10-15 other keywords with minimal google results for the same niche. I've seen these figures thrown around left and right - but I'm having trouble coming up with ANYTHING with even less than 200,000 results that's

a) relevant to aff marketing
    b) getting more than 5 searches/day
    c) let alone 10-15 long tails for the same niche

I'm using google keywords (which is a godsend) but after spending a countless amount of time, I just straight up can't find anything. And I'm even using the kookiest 4-5-6 word search terms without luck. Long before I get to sub 100k, the search volume runs to nil.

Additionally, exact match is somewhat confusing - When I look up the keyword, for instance, "nikon coolpix digital" under broad match, I have 1 million searches/mo. Under exact match, I have maybe 800 searches/mo. Is the exact match people simply typing into google - nikon coolpix digital - or is that considered them putting it in quotes ala "nikon coolpix digital" - if I search that term in quotes I get a reasonably low amt of results (less than 100k) compared to something like 1.5 million.

DF20, Feb 27, 2009 IP