1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I know that CB is crediting me for sales I may be making?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by aj22, Jun 7, 2006.

Over the past week, I used a carefully constructed Adwords campaign to send extremely targetted traffic to a landing page I created reviewing "top 10 work from home" programs. I got about 1,200 uniques and not one sale. With programs advertising 1:25 conversions, I'm wondering where my sales went, if I indeed made any.

I visited the sites of the ten programs I promote, and clicked on their shopping carts. In all but one, my CB username was no where to be found in the URL of the shopping cart. It's also to my understanding that CB does not employ cookies to track orders for their affiliates. So I ask: how does ClickBank track what products I sell?

Here's an example of the 1 out of 10 CB products that I promote that has my CB affiliate username in their shopping cart URL:

http://1.typehome.pay.clickbank.net/pay/step1.php?time=1149717833&vend=typehome&item=001&titl=Type_at_Home_Unlimited_VIP_Packagethru=detail%3DType_at_Home_Unlimited_VIP_Package%26k%3D1%26af%3D[B]myusernameishere[/B]%26&name=&emal=&ctry=&zipc=&
    Code (markup):
    Here's an example of 9 out of 10 CB products I advertise that do not include my CB username in their shopping cart program URL, and have no visible way of tracking the sales I give them:

http://www.clickbank.net/pay/step1.php?time=1149718182&vend=1free&item=001&titl=IncomeSystem&thru=&name=&emal=&ctry=&zipc=&
    Code (markup):
    ...where's my affiliate info? How am I getting credited? I link to each page using the instructions and links supplied on clickbank's website. And it's not like my landing page is horrible, it was indexed in Google in 36 hours.

I hope some of the veteran ClickBankers can clarify this for me, because right now it seems like CB takes affiliate commissions for 9 out of every 10 products they offer.

Thanks

aj22, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  2. clickbanker

clickbanker Peon

Best Answers:
    who knows. i tend to stay away from the TOP promoted products, and go for those burried below -- unpopular so my adwords/overture marketshare is LARGE. then I promote like hell with a customized landing page, designed *better than the vendor's original. hehehehhehh.

clickbanker, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  3. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi aj22,

I am in no way a ClickBank Guru, but the answer to your questions is quite simple. ClickBank indeed does use cookies to track the sales. When you click on your affilate link, the cookie is set on your computer. The cookie is used when the product is purchased through the clickbank shopping cart. Just add the product to the shopping cart, enter your country and postal/zip code and continue to step two. Scroll to the end of the page and look for your affiliate id displayed in small font in square brackets. If you see the [affiliate none] instead of your affiliate id, then something is wrong with your affiliate link and cookie is not set properly.

Good luck

baumann93, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  4. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    Cloak your links well. I use Shurl.com. It can be custom and it follows into the address bar.

3dPrinting, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  5. dealsnavigator

dealsnavigator Peon

Best Answers:
    I've made first sales on Click Bank and was surprised how easy it is to get the account information.
    Just log in to with your clickbank id and password
    Than go to stats and account
    There you will find you sales info.

dealsnavigator, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  6. ebliss

ebliss Peon

Best Answers:
    It uses cookies. You should promote the URL of the site as http://xxx.yyy.hop.clickbank.net/ where xxx is your cb username and yyy is the seller's. Try it yourself.

Once you get to the seller's site, go to the purchase page. After entering the country and the postal code, you will get to another page to confirm the order. At the end of that page, look for your user name. It should be like [affiliate = "xxx"]

ebliss, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  7. easyresume

easyresume Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to sound a bit dumb here but what do you mean by shorten the URL?

Can you show how this relates to Clickbank?

easyresume, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  8. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wissam, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  9. easyresume

easyresume Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah I get it, thats a good one!

easyresume, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  10. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    yes exactly what wissam has mentioned. Lots of people uses tinyurl.com but I find it too secretive so I use Shurl.org where you can custom your link and tell people what you have. Lets say you want to advertise an 'affiliate forum', it would show up like this, http://shurl.org/affiliateforum

Oh by the way, it is .ORG and not .com

Well you get the idea.

Have fun

3dPrinting, Jul 4, 2006 IP