1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remote Database Access Host. What is this?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Bohol, Feb 22, 2009.

I was checking my cpanel and saw that in my Remote Database Access Hosts, an access host bearing 192.168.1.% has been added to the list. Certainly I did not add it. Should I remove it?

Bohol, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  2. maestria

maestria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats localhost.
    If you dont want the files on the same server as mysql to access the database, you may remove it.
    But in most of the scenerios, the database and files reside on the same server and thus it should not be removed.

maestria, Feb 23, 2009 IP
    Bohol likes this.
  3. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Maestria. I am not really that familiar with database and mysql. I was about to contact my webhost about it. And thanks for enlightening me.

Bohol, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  4. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this database host address is needed when ever you have an application needing mysql db
    in such applications ( blog, gallery2, forums, etc ) during installation / configuration you need to insert into the configuration script THAT exact database host address. you THEN also would need to create a database and enter the db name into the new configuration script.

hence you NEED that db host entry soone ror later most likely.

hans, Feb 25, 2009 IP
    Bohol likes this.
  5. kailash

kailash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This access host is added by cPanel by default and if you remove it then you will not be able to use local MySQL server for your domain. You do not require to remove this access host.

Kailash

kailash, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  6. gate2vn

gate2vn Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not localhost. Removing it, you might face to trouble when connecting to mySQL server. Check with your host how they setup their system, especially in clustering system.

gate2vn, Feb 25, 2009 IP