1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TOP 8 Adsense Earners

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by michaelpowers, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Are your curious to know who some of the biggest Google Adsense earners are? I know that I was interested to know who the best are so I could check out their websites and see how I could possibly earn as much money as these people do. I realized from most of these sites that sites with user generated content usually ranked pretty highly for Google Adsense earners. It seems that these “community” type sites do tend to get a lot of traffic and we all know that traffic = money. So without any more delay here are a list of the top 8 Google Adsense earners as collected from online resources. Please note that this list might be a bit outdated but it has lots of useful information still.

1. Markus Frind - PlentyOfFish.com - $300,000 per month

If you haven’t heard of this guy yet you should check out the website plentyoffish.com. He is the person who created this free online dating website from his appartment all by himself. His website soon become one of the largest dating websites online. I have actually tried out his website myself and can see how it can be interesting and attract a lot of visitors. The graphics and layout of the website is nothing fancy at all but the functionality is all there and its fast to use.

There have been many of doubts that he wasn’t making that much money so he made those people silent by posting a picture of his paycheck on his blog. According to his blog check represented two months worth of Adsense earnings.

2. Kevin Rose - Digg.com - $250,000 per month

Kevin Rose started Digg.com in December 2004. It is a social marketing site that is mostly news, video, and pictures that are submitted by users for other users to read about and view. Basically what happens is you can signup for an account and you can submit a “news story” and other people can view it and if they like it they can “Digg it” and this boosts the rating of the post. If it gets enough Diggs it will appear on the Frontpage of the site and will get tons of traffic. Digg has both Google Adsense ads and Federated Media ads. It is estimated that he earns roughly $250k a month from Adsense alone.

3. Jeremy Schoemaker - $140,000 per month

ShoeMoney is considered to be one of the greatest Internet Marketers out there. He is very good with search engines and knows how to setup his sites to get optimal traffic to them. In one of his best months with Google Adsense ShoeMoney earned $132,994.97. You can imagine it was probably pretty difficult for him to cash a check of that size!

Unlike most of the other Google advertisers ShoeMoney makes his money from hundreds of sites and thousands of domains.

4. Jason Calacanis - Weblogs, Inc. - $120,000 per month

Jason Calacanis is the creator of Weblogs. Weblogs is a network of blogs and it was apparently making roughly $4,000 a day from Google Adsense! He eventually sold the company to AOL for a reported $25 million. He also announced his retirement from blogging earlier this year (July 2008). He is now focusing on his email campaigns instead.

5. David Miles Jr. & Kato Leonard - FreeWebLayouts.net- $100,000 per month

According to a Washington Post article these 20 year old’s claim to be making $100,000 a month from their site FreeWebLayouts.net which offers free Myspace templates. That is pretty impressive for a couple of young guys that are offering free Myspace templates!

6. Tim Carter - AskTheBuilder.com - $30,000 per month

Tim Carter is a licensed master plumber and carpenter with his own radio show. He started his website up in 1995 with his primary focus to cater to an avid following of fellow builders on the site. In April 2004, Carter learned about Adsense for content sites and he put it on his site. With minimal effort and time he optimized his website and his Adsense earnings grew from $1,500 to $7,500.

There was a Google case study done on Tim Carters earnings with Google Adsense. You should definately read it by clicking HERE. Read the results section because it gives a bunch of helpful tips on how he increased his revenue with Google Adsense.

7. Joel Comm - e-book - $24,000 per month

Joel Comm is a get rich quick guru. He wrote an e-book, What Google Never Told You About Making Money with Adsense. With his e-book and his website he earned $23,458.46 between Nov 2005 and Dec 2005. Check out his Google account stats here.

8. Shawn Hogan - DigitalPoint.com - $10,000 per month

Shawn Hogan is the creator of the forum DigitalPoint. This forum is a very usual forum with lots of information about: Search Engines, Marketing, Business, Design & Development, and Products & Tools. In a New York Times article it stated that he was making roughly $10k a month with Google Adsense.

The members of his forum speculate he is now making around double of what he was making in 2005 when this report was published in the New York Times.

So there you have it, the Top 8 Google Adsense earners. This list might be slighty out of date and there could be some new people in this list but this is the list I was able to pull from collecting information on the net. So check out these sites and see if you can strive to earn as much as these people do with your website or blog.

michaelpowers, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  2. D.i M.e

D.i M.e Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, this is sooo old.
    http://www.johnchow.com/the-internets-biggest-google-whores/

D.i M.e, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  3. PaulB-IOM

PaulB-IOM Peon

Best Answers:
    Way to steal somebody elses content.

PaulB-IOM, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  4. presli

presli Member

Best Answers:
    Huh... i had no idea that this forum brings such a big income to its owner :) Anyway this is my favourite forum so i am happy for him :p And about the top8 ... well i know about a girl making 15-20k $ per month with her site, so this chart is a littel old actually :p ( the girl is famous as a teenage millionaire, coz she made her site at the age of 17 for free myspace templates :) Anyway ... 300,000$ a month = 10 000$ a day from ads on ur site ............ OMG!?

presli, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  5. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup this forum brings in a ton of traffic and good income :) I am sure he is making a lot more money now!

6. guru16

guru16 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    damn I'm barley making $100 from adsense 300k htf do they do it? lol

guru16, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  7. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys but I was just paraphrasing it and sharing information with people here at DP. I didn't know what was such a problem. I think lots of people like to see this type of information. If you guys don't like it then too bad.

8. ihateasianparents

ihateasianparents Banned

Best Answers:
    I am jealous :(

ihateasianparents, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  9. modpriest

modpriest Peon

Best Answers:
    my hero, godlike player.... i'm so jealous too...

modpriest, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  10. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here!

Who is your hero? All of them?

11. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    This list has been around for ages. I would say that a great deal of top earning publishers would not disclose such earnings for competition and I understand that it's based on individuals rather than actual websites, but the same goes for large corporate type sites like Myspace who also do not disclose earnings and so this list isn't really an accurate source to go by.

Ryan6, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  12. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    too old stats you are posting..

010081, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  13. eng.moustafa

eng.moustafa Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, you got it wrongly.
    the top earner isn't the owner of this forum.
    the owner of this forum is in #8 making $10,000 per month.

by the way,, what is that girl's site?

eng.moustafa, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  14. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    I did say that these stats are old. But I still think they are useful. If these people did that well awhile ago just imagine how well they are doing now!

It isn't suppose to be 100% perfect but a lot of these individuals have actually disclosed their earnings. So I don't know where you got you information from but this information is pretty close to acturate besides the fact that these stats are a bit old.

15. Talen

Talen Peon

Best Answers:
    The information really isn't relevant anymore considering some of it is as old as 2004-2006 when it was a lot easier to do well with adsense. Shoemoney doesn't even use adsense anymore.

Talen, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  16. bunbunx2

bunbunx2 Peon

Best Answers:
    is this the latest or some old adsense earner stats.

bunbunx2, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  17. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    100%?lol.

The post was made by John Chow over 3 years ago and the guy was banned from Google sometime after.

John only wrote about pubishers who were posting up their earnings or were buddies of his from America. I reckon there's a fair few publishers earning more than Markus Frind who just don't wanna disclose such info.:)

Ryan6, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  18. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think there are more adsense publishers who earns more than that..but they just want to stay low profile.

config_error, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  19. teampower

teampower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes this is a old stats now the are lot people the are earning more than that

teampower, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  20. Cappa

Cappa Peon

Best Answers:
    Markus Frind is quite a genius featured in Inc 500 a few months ago, he did what he loved doing and makes 10 million a year. Google adsense is actually a small part of his yearly income.

Cappa, Feb 15, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.