1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense destroying the Internet?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ainmohd, Jun 9, 2006.

1. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    I search the internet for health-related information (call me a hypochondriac, why don't cha) :) I get a lot of results that are mfa sites. It angers me that some sleazy individual is using health & medicine to trick people into clicking their links. Another reason why I am adamant about filtering mfa sites or sites with Adsense on them.

A good number of Adsense sites have no beneficial info for the viewer at all. Just a lot of cut & paste jargon. The main purpose of these sites is to make money.

NewToAllThis, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  2. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    AdSense is a two edged sword. As others have pointed out, it has allowed niche sites to thrive and prosper that would otherwise struggle to exist. This has added a tremendous amount of knowledge to the Internet and facilitated the sharing of ideas. At the same time AdSense has caused an explosion in worthless "white noise" sites that exist for no other reason than to be a steping stone between users and the information they seek.

While I'd like to see Google find a way to weed out and exclude MFA sites from both AdSense and their search catelog, I don't see how this could be technically done. The best I'm hoping for is Google to get better at weeding out scraper sites and sites that employ scrapping combined with cloaking. One thing that would be really good is if Google and the other ad providers would stop providing ads to parked sites. All this does is encourage domain speculation.

KLB, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  3. DoverSoft

DoverSoft Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there none way to detect those MFAs ?

DoverSoft, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  4. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the best Google could do is learn to detect plagiarism and duplicate content. If they got better at this they could learn to detect and ban/devalue scraper sites. This wouldn't resolve all MFA sites, but it would cut out the worst of the lot.

KLB, Jun 30, 2006 IP
    stymiee likes this.
  5. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you sure it is 17 ? :eek:

enQuira, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  6. Sara

Sara Guest

Best Answers:
    There was only a few of us at the start and we all knew each other by name. ;)

Sara, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  7. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, the Internet started 30 some years ago. So even you missed the "start". Why I bet there is still some old geezer out there calling you a neubie.;)

KLB, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  8. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    30 years ago? :confused: I thought Al Gore invented the internet?

9. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    The poor guy will never live down a slight misstatement of what he meant. :p Nope, that slip of the tongue will haunt him for the rest of his life like Dan Quayle will never telling a school child that potato is spelled with an 'e', Bush senor vomiting on the Prime Minister of Japan and Dick Cheney shooting a lawyer (only the second person to be shot by a VP of the US in history). Presidents and Vice Presidents will always be known best for their gaffs not what they did. ;)

KLB, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  10. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks but I knew that. Next time I'll say "J/K" :p

11. Troutnut

Troutnut Peon

Best Answers:
    AdSense has increased the amount of all kinds of content on the web, including good content.

But it has dramatically increased the spam, too. There needs to be a better way to police webpage spam, and that's tricky.

Troutnut, Jul 2, 2006 IP
  12. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, old geezer here!
    300baud modem in those days!
    When I went to 1200baud, thought I was speeding!

iowadawg, Jul 2, 2006 IP
  13. Troutnut

Troutnut Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that's mostly true when they did nothing positive in office. The collective good deeds of Bush 1, Quayle, Bush 2, and Cheney can be counted on the fingers of no hands.

Troutnut, Jul 2, 2006 IP
  14. easterwolf

easterwolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Sara
    Wow, when u first started surfing the net, you would be done by the end of the day...the end of 1992 only showed 26 sites...really boring ones too. I think the reason you don't hear 'MFA' so much other than here is because this is and AdSense Publishers Forum, i would say that 80% of surfers dont even realise what AdSense is, so there wouldn't be alot of talk about it. I have included some well know MFA's making hundreds and thousands a day, and havn't been kicked out of the program. Oh and there are MFA's for every imaginable topics out there.....

1. best4sites.net
    2. infoscouts.com
    3. finditonline.ws
    4. searchguide.biz
    5. truelocal.com
    6. cohit.com
    7. info.com
    8. become-pregnant.com
    9. tunu.com
    10. expert-expert.com
    11. getbestinfo.com
    12. aworldofinformation.com
    13. businesschambers.com
    14. cv2006.biz
    15. maximuminformation.com
    Code (markup):

easterwolf, Jul 2, 2006 IP
  15. shubhkarman

shubhkarman Peon

Best Answers:
    I am really very angry when I click on a link in Google Search Results and it takes me to another search results page. Pain..

shubhkarman, May 1, 2010 IP
  16. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now that I think about it you are totally right. Web developers make websites based on the sole idea of making money, not providing quality content to its users. All ad networks do is create a frenzy of low quality websites that have sole purposes of making money :S

tjsocr22, May 1, 2010 IP
  17. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digging up 4 year old posts is cool in the way that Beavis and Butthead used to be cool.

internetmarketingiq, May 1, 2010 IP