1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google Trying To Take Over The World?

Discussion in 'Google' started by DigitalPoint3, Feb 12, 2009.

?

What do you think: Is Google Trying To Take Over The World?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  1. kks_krishna

kks_krishna Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. google doesn't charge more for the users.

kks_krishna, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  2. linus6861

linus6861 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes bob .......bcoz u can c slearly dat its improving in its tech day by day...!! its launching many new things in a weaks tym.......

linus6861, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  3. shamitgoyal24

shamitgoyal24 Banned

Best Answers:
    i think every company in the the corporate world is always trying to expand its business and swallow rival competition and dats wat google is upto.

shamitgoyal24, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  4. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's pretty normal for any business organization to expand and control the market.

lycos, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  5. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is trying to dominate every possible market. Some might call it monopoly... However, they're just trying to make more money.

dmi, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  6. clamps2122

clamps2122 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the moment "google" became a verb, it was certain that they are taking over the world.

clamps2122, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  7. Aragorn

Aragorn Peon

Best Answers:
    I depend on Google Search, Adsense, Analytics... To me Google is the world :)

Aragorn, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  8. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is always a day when dominating ones has to go down.
    May be we'll see some heavy competition for google. So far whoever tried, gone down nowhere! [CUil is not so Kewl]

Oranges, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  9. wierdo

wierdo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They would like to I'm sure, but they can't. Maybe a Walmart, Google, McDonalds, and Microsoft world, but not just Google. I mean, can you see them coming out with a Google burger?

Pretty tasty I bet. :rolleyes:

wierdo, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  10. Jeff L

Jeff L Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is for sure where you want be but yahoo and M S N can bring in some good money too. For sure Google will bring in more.

Jeff L, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  11. eLeSlash

eLeSlash Active Member

Best Answers:
    define the "Take Over The World" part! i voted yes anyway

eLeSlash, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  12. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I voted YES -- because of Google's own search result which has huge volume of people who think Google is going against the tide!

For the phrase - " Google Trying To Take Over The World " - Google search is showing 67,500,000 search volume on my DC including a newspaper group comprised of world's elites publishing houses.:eek:

Being a student of Politics & Economics ( I teach them to 15-17 years old students:eek:) - I can cite innumerable examples that - nobody -even Governments they patronize -- like a single entity to MONOPOLIZE a particular segment.

But - our memory is too short - and more short is the Memory of Google Boards across the world.

If we go through economic history - we will find that - a company that can yield more power than the government it originates from ( Read the most powerful govt. in the world - the USA) - can never survive too long.

The government agencies - somehow pull them down( through lots of unfair means if necessary) and put them where they should belong.

So Google Boards must get wiser and forget about complete monopoly of INTERNET and concentrate themselves on generating more avenues for revenue generation for their share-holders rather than dreaming of an Internet that should obey their commands.

Guys - just wait and see -- Google will rise/rise/rise/rise -- and FALL. If they are not preparing for that fall -
    Goodluck to Google share-holders -:( Be careful about investing/buying in them. Be an educated investor.

The government will put Google in places and Net Neutrality will be established.:cool:

jhnrang, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  13. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No Google is not trying to take over the world - Stupid Polls on this forum are taking over the world.

If anyone would like to help feel free to start your own stupid poll for everyone to enjoy

kentuckyslone, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  14. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please voice your opinion on the topic.

Say - why u think Google is not taking over the world.

Please just don't SPAM your siggy's just so that you must post so-n-so number of posts to make the advertisers who bought your siggy FEEL HAPPY.:mad:

NOOOOOO
    Don't even think of giving me a - rep --- because I can bear more than 5000 of them and still have 11 blobs:mad:

But if I give it - I can take away 5 points ( which I hardly do without a real cause).:cool:

jhnrang, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  15. DimityrDimitrov

DimityrDimitrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not? Now days information is most valuable thing. Google plays big part in providing this info, so wanting or not we depends somehow. Where there is a dependency there is two roles, you know what i mean.

DimityrDimitrov, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  16. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:
    Calm down and stop freaking out!

I dont care about my sigs - nothing to do with it but just so I might make you happier I removed the sigs from that post. Hopefully that will make you feel better as I sure dont want to be the one responsible for you being upset :rolleyes:

I have no intention of giving you rep why are you crying about that? And why are you threatening with it at the same time?

I did voice my opinion "No Google is not trying to take over the world". Dont like my opinion? then ignore it.

Edit to add - The funny thing about the internet is that people often have "big balls" and they talk to you like they never would if they were in your presence.

17. Bompa

Bompa Active Member

Best Answers:
    YES! I heard Matt Cutts is running for Mayor of the city where he lives!!!

Isn't that how Ronald Reagan started?

Bompa, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  18. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SORRY
    Sorry-- Mate
    I accept I just got carried away by the dimension of the subject.:eek:

Please restore the siggy -as they are not my target to be honest.

Of late I have been so immersed into Net Neutrality that - it makes me feel Google is becoming just like microsoft which tried to dominate each and every computer/OS - but faced with millions of $$$ fines for monopoly.
    WHY?

Because it tried to monopolize the segment and never wanted to reveal the source code!

Although Google Boards ( as much wiser as they get) -- do not understand this fact as of now - you & I know - sooner or later they will face the same situation as microsoft faced. (At present Google keeps everything secret - but how long?)

My opinion is - sooner- rather than later- they will have to reveal their source code/secret - to somebody.
    What happens then?

I hope you understand my frustration -- its not on you- or your siggy - but its on rather foolish Google board who are doing just what Bill Gates and his Boards did thinking that they are above accountability.

I hope - my arguments are read by Google moles and taken to proper people. Its good for all of us -- normal surfers and webmasters alike.

My best regards for you.

jhnrang, Feb 13, 2009 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  19. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:
    WOW! Man I have to tell you that you just moved way up in my respect. While I might agree that Google is stretching its arms out further and further I just do not think they are trying to take over the world (that would be the UN in my opinion)

I offer you my apologies as well if I said anything to insult you (I know I can be a real smart ass)

My BEST regards to you as well.

jhnrang likes this.
  20. MoviesMan

MoviesMan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google is not trying to take over the world but more or less have a very unique and diversified portfolio of investments -- online and offline. If building a bigger portfolio weekly is "taking over the world to you" than yes they are.

MoviesMan, Feb 13, 2009 IP