1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling My Own Software

Discussion in 'General Business' started by WebmasterB, Feb 12, 2009.

I'm trying to sell my own software. I am basing this software on a software that exists already. I just want to know what needs to be different in my software from the software that it is based on. I don't want to break any copyright laws so I would like to know what factors needs to be different so I don't get in trouble.

WebmasterB, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  2. transitnetwork

transitnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    I might be able to help you, I own a large network of popular download sites.

transitnetwork, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  3. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by ''based on a software'' ?? Because you can't edit the source of another software and sell it, except if it is a ''Open Source'' software

alber859, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are many aspect that need to be unique such as the coding/user interface/algorithm/logic sequence.

mentos, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  5. notepage

notepage Peon

Best Answers:
    Very few clone applications are successful. If you want to sell something that already exists become an affiliate or a reseller. If not, then figure out how to do something better, don't just copy something that currently exists.

notepage, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  6. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There needs to be something different, and the best way to figure out 'what' is to ask a lawyer. If you put your own flavor (and make sure certain stuff works differently) in the software... I'm sure you'll do find.

Although, personally I'd listen to what 'notepage' just said: you probably have no idea whether the app will sell or not, so the first & easy way to get started would be to try selling the existing software as an affiliate.

That way you can try and see how well it sells before you start to pour hours into product development.

Game Producer, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  7. marketreview

marketreview Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of your software??

marketreview, Feb 13, 2009 IP