1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't create a Google account!

Discussion in 'Google API' started by bill, Feb 3, 2005.

For a couple of days I have been trying to create a Google account, so I could get a Google API key. Could anyone suggest why I am not being successful?

When I enter my details to create a Google account I never get to the next page - the current page just refreshes when I click the submit button (and displays another of those warped words you have to enter to prove you are a human).

If I nevertheless try to log in, I get the unsurprising message:

>> There are no accounts in our system with the E-mail address which you entered.

I have tried using several different email addresses, in case one had been blocked for some unknown reason. Tried enabling cookies and turning off the pop-up blocking. I also looked in my junk mail folder in case Google's response e-mail got in there. I am not behind a corporate firewall.

My browser is IE6 on Windows XP. Tried Firefox as well.

The url I am using to try to create an account is:
    https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?continue=http://api.google.com/createkey&followup=http://api.google.com/createkey

Google help desk has not responded as yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill.

bill, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  2. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:

Bill -

I just created yet another API License Key with no problems at all. If you enter the Word Verification incorrectly the page will refresh with the message 'Enter the letters as they are shown in the image above' displayed under the text box in red. So look for any red messages....

- Michael

Michael, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  3. bill

bill Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Yes I was getting the error message in red that you described. However I was always entering the word correctly!

Finally I solved the problem by going to another PC and using an e-mail address that I had not given to Google previously (both were required, neither alone would solve the problem).

Believe it or not.

Cheers

Bill.

bill, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  4. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm getting the same error as you Bill! I'm going to try signing up with a different email address and see what happens.

jvfconsulting, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  5. jvfconsulting

Best Answers:
    I tried signing up with a different email address and its still not taking! I've also tried creating it from another computer in the office! Very Frustrating! I know I'm typing all the boxes in correctly!

[​IMG]

6. jvfconsulting

Best Answers:
    I tried creating the account in 4 different browsers on 3 different computers all with no luck! Where's the tech support number to Google?!? lol

7. robinko

robinko Peon

Best Answers:
    Try another your IP (Other location)

robinko, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  8. abhy2007

abhy2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know what is the problem but i have never faced the problem what you people are telling.I think you should use different IP address for creating account

abhy2007, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  9. jemekite

jemekite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is you already have google account (Gmail) ;)
    all you need is login to your account using "sign in here" link and you'll get the API.

If you wanna create more account, just use yahoo/other email account not gmail.

jemekite, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  10. Sanjeevmishra9

Sanjeevmishra9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Get the details about Google Account creation available on "Internet Techies". There you will get each and everything related to a Google Account.

[​IMG]

Sanjeevmishra9, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  11. satishbhawra40

satishbhawra40 Peon

Best Answers:
    Due to the less knowledge i coul'nt able to make the google account

satishbhawra40, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  12. Urtechmate

Urtechmate Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey try this.. if you fill the those words correctly ((which proves that you are human)) then i am quite sure that you will be able to create the acc.. but even once if you type the words and unfortunately its wrong then you will not be able to create the acc.. its all about the first go..

Urtechmate, Oct 3, 2009 IP