1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Dollar a Day with Adsense

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Demonic, Feb 7, 2009.

TBH, I've actually never thought about how easy it is to earn a buck.

I play video games. So I got a group of dedicated gamers that play the same game as me, we built a some what relationship via gaming & the forums. So I've used these forums for news/announcements and what not just important information and great discussions with this group of people. We have a rough 40 active people now on and off throughout the day after building such a relation in a rough 2 months.

Since I pay for the ventrilo (VoIP communcation) and web hosting. I'm like hey guys I'm going to put up some ads to help pay for the community. Their all cool about it.

So now that I've did all that they actually support clicking the ads once a day a majority of them.

So in short this is basically how I made money with adsense:

1. Find something you love - must be something that a lot of people can relate to and something that you give other places will not.

2. Built a relationship, some might call this a list, but I call it relationship because it's more then someone I email everyday I actually talk to them and communicate with nearly all of them, have fun etc..

3. Be active daily, always come up with something to talk about. I find it easier to create a forum on something you DO DAILY then something you DO ON AND OFF. Reason I say this is, if you can't find something you have passion for you just really WONT succeed.

4. Have some sort of VoIP communication where you don't actually have to communicate through posting only, you can chat and post at the same time, making your community be more active and actually sometimes easier to communicate on fast paste messages. I recommend ventrilo.

5. Using PHPBB3. I currently use phpbb3 on my forums and the ad placement is pretty good. A leader board adsense code underneath my banner and below the submit button area of my add a new post/topic. Ad positioning is always great because if no one sees your ads, why click them? You must have your adplacement where everyone will see it every time they go on your website. That means every time they: create a post or a topic, edit a topic or a post they will see that ad banner.

6. Finally state that your actually going to use adsense to help pay for all the things that you have bought such as the hosting and how much adsense will help you keep the site running and what not. I strongly recommend that you DO NOT tell them to click directly, but indirectly is fine [basically what I just said, explaining to them how adsense will help the website and VoIP payments etc..].

Other then that, let the money roll in. I get an average $1-1.5 a day every other day some times everyday. I'm currently nearing $90 in adsense meaning in a rough month or less I will get a check from google the following month.

I make money, and you can make money too.

Demonic, Feb 7, 2009 IP
    nihangshah likes this.
  2. sadiqsaad

sadiqsaad Peon

Best Answers:
    Really a great post bro, thx for the tips :)

sadiqsaad, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  3. FMDiscussion

FMDiscussion Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks mate, I've done this with my site http://footballslatest.com launched recently is my passion and I have told all my mates from my previous forum and in my personal life about it, and they are all supporting me by commenting, clicking ads and etc.

FMDiscussion, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  4. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    >> So now that I've did all that they actually support clicking the ads once a day a majority of them.

Not a good thing. Gonna get you banned only.

Nystul, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  5. Demonic

Demonic Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Nystul - I never told them to click the ads, they just do it. Now if you read:

I explained to them how the ads will be used for paying for the hosting. Thats called indirect.

"We use the ads as a form of payment to pay for the hosting, etc.. this is just here to help us out without actually telling you guys to give us money our your pocket. With that said..." blah blah blah.

And how do I know they support clicking ads? The adsense stats. What else?

Please read my post Nystul :)

Demonic, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  6. Gabung

Gabung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very inspiring. Yep, you right.We could make money online with doing what we like to do..

Gabung, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  7. milan1west

milan1west Peon

Best Answers:
    If it's always the same group of people clicking on your ads everyday then Google will definitely know about it.

There are teams of people on Google's Adsense team tracking stuff like this every day - this is a BIG footprint.

I doubt you'll get that check, but if you do then enjoy it because you'll probably not be getting any more.

milan1west, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  8. locjan

locjan Peon

Best Answers:
    but not all people as lucky as you are.
    i think the only matter is traffic, how we can get more traffic that is the key
    more traffic = more $$$

locjan, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  9. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post:) Passion and hard work come hand in hand with success :D

TheVccMatey, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  10. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    Still not a good idea... Expect your acocunt get banned in the next cuple of months... Though they are clicking once, A daily click from the same IP over and over again is one of the top reasons why adsense accounts are banned without any explanation...

Viktor Drej, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  11. Scar

Scar Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a ton of effort for just a buck a day

Scar, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  12. kennydonilo

kennydonilo Peon

Best Answers:
    with all this hardwork i think your one buck a day will reach to 100 bucks a day soon :)

kennydonilo, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  13. blance8888

blance8888 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah seems kinda risky.

Adsense is quite good at picking up on abuse.

blance8888, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  14. evolveforever

evolveforever Peon

Best Answers:
    thats cool .

evolveforever, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  15. saad_pcc

saad_pcc Peon

Best Answers:
    gud idea !!

saad_pcc, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  16. jagbains

jagbains Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldnt advise using that idea in the long run

jagbains, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  17. Tsongkie

Tsongkie Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm currently earning atleast $350/day from adsense from about 3-4 months of work. All blackhat. And I'm not using adsense, I use adsense for search

Tsongkie, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  18. Demonic

Demonic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if its the same people doing it every day. I get over 2k impressions a day. So who ever is clicking the ads, good for them, not only is they helping me, but they are helping my hosting.

In the end. I doubt I would get banned for me not telling people to click my ads. It's there choice, not mines.

Look at http://invisionfree.com they use adsense and they state that its used to pay for the servers, They have millions of boards with millions of ads on each board. The guy makes nearly thousands of dollars a day. Just from adsense. With these words "We use this to pay for all the servers that we host your sites." What do you know people start clicking his ads and the guys filthy rich.

Demonic, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  19. BlueJam

BlueJam Active Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is, Google don't know, and don't care what you have or haven't said. People in this thread are trying to help you out, and if you are getting a pattern of repeated clicks from the same ip's over a period of time this will look like a bot, or just plain clickfraud to Google and you will be banned, no question about it.

Hey, I'm just trying to help:)

BlueJam, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  20. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    demonic, i think that even mentioning adsense is not a good idea. i'd remove any reference to the adverts or you do risk been banned.

you are foolish to think that it's ok for people to click adverts to support your forum hosting costs. if i was an advertiser, i wouldnt want traffic from that.

geoiss2004, Feb 9, 2009 IP