1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Orkut Communities Hijacked!!!

Discussion in 'Google' started by sujay0000, Feb 4, 2009.

Hey Friends...

I am in hell of a trouble..!! Our comunities have got hijacked... I reverted everything and banned the hackers (they had taken, owner,co-owner and moderator rights)... Even thennn they have appeared back in community and taken over!!.... and the worst part being it cant be regained now...

How to tackle these loosers??? Please lemme know guys.... we need to fight against these Buggers!!

sujay0000, Feb 4, 2009 IP
    MunnaMobile likes this.
  2. mani123

mani123 Peon

Best Answers:
    contact orkut help group ..
    they will reply for sure ...

mani123, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  3. Johnny 3 Tears

Johnny 3 Tears Banned

Best Answers:
    orkut is just too insecure :D hack it again ;)

Johnny 3 Tears, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  4. sujay0000

sujay0000 Peon

Best Answers:
    They have to CONTACT provision for HiJacked Communities, I selected other topic and contacted... but what we get is just a Simple Automated GOOGLE type reply!!

I can confidently say today!!!

Google and Orkut SUCKS :mad:

sujay0000, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  5. chdworld

chdworld Banned

Best Answers:
    U should be calm and try Submitting a Help Request.

Orkut will surely help you Buddy!

More Information Contact me ! ;)

chdworld, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  6. X P S

X P S Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi sijay000,

Dont worry man. You can retake it. Also PM me the communties ID so that if I can do anything, I will do! :)

X P S, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  7. lalitnagrath

lalitnagrath Banned

Best Answers:
    they have hacked your communities again and again as their is security lapse on your part !

google will get your communities back but you will lose it again , so there is no use of this lose and rant and gain game , hackers taking control of your communities again shows your system is insecure , or you have a online hot chick friend whom you beleive to be a CHICK!! nd she is fscking your windows

what i will suggest you is
    - better is never to click any link in any suspicious email you get
    -switch to a better and secure Operating system like Linux
    -make a fake profile nd make the profile owner , make your real profile the owner

lalitnagrath, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  8. rselic

rselic Peon

Best Answers:
    the post above really makes no sense? unless these hackers have your login details, it's not your fault. orkut is quite unsecure!

rselic, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  9. X P S

X P S Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using orkut for 2 yrs and I have 10+ big communities. But they are owned by any other account instaed of my personal one.
    Hackers have tried very much, to hack them. But fortunately they haven't gain access yet. Even if your communities are on your own profile even that a hacker can't hack your communities unless they have your LOGIN details. So,

1. Don't add people you don't know (Some hacker's profiles have a vulnerable applications. So when you open their profile, you are redirected to a login page which is actually a fake login page. So if you enter the login info, you are hacked.This is the most successful way in hacking orkut yet called PHISHING )
    2. Don't even reject a friend request if you have owned important communities. (This is a security hole in orkut that when you reject anyone's friend request, your primary email will be shown to the friend request maker.)
    3. Set primary email different then the original login email. (I recommend hushmail as it is very secure)
    4. Set a secondary email too.
    5. Don't click on any suspicious links specially ending with .asp, .aspx, .php etc. (They can get your cookies)
    6. Don't even click on image links in hacking or fighting forums. (Bcoz I have found another bug of redirecting page through image files like .gif, .jpeg, .jpg. Possible that any other hacker too found it)
    7. Don't run a javascript of any type. (It can not only get your cookies but also do anything with your account like mass scrapping, mass community join, mass friend add etc)
    8. Always look at the adress bar before typing your login details that it is orkut.com or google.com (else PHISHING can be done)
    9. Always log out before leaving orkut.
    10. Finally don't take part in HACKING, FIGHTING, ABUSIVE threads if you are a newbie :p :D

X P S, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  10. usearchme

usearchme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ive seen this too i was quite shocked when i went to some of the communties on there, lots of links to some very bad sites !

Woc

usearchme, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  11. sujay0000

sujay0000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey friends...
    As few of you rightly said above... the security lapse was in my friends computer who owned these communities and i was a moderator there....
    As soon as this happened... he called me up and we transfered the communities to my name... so that our comunities are safe...
    The comunities are not too big... but they are for our Non Profit Organisation that we run... for organising treks and events so that we could promote literacy and facilities in remote areas... and also promote Love towards Nature...

But every thing seems to be screwed by these hackers!! Can anyone help me to get back the comunity??

sujay0000, Feb 5, 2009 IP